• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. About to take on the giant water elephant thing. How hard is it?

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
1 week ago#1
Im a newb, is it really hard, also i found that giant lion on the mountain and it was terryfying so i ran.

Am i meant to fight it to?

User Info: 0zma

0zma
1 week ago#2
You don't need to fight the Lynel as long as you collect 20 of the shock arrows you need.

As for the elephant, Vah Ruta, she may seem scary, but she's not very hard. The fight will play out with Sidon ferrying you across the lake on his back. You need to destroy the ice Ruta throws at you (using arrows or the Cryonis rune) to create an opening for him to swim up next to her. Then you just swim up the waterfalls and shoot a shock arrow at each of the four orbs on her back. You can get more than one at a time if you have enough stamina, which makes the fight go a lot quicker.

User Info: ColdOne666

ColdOne666
1 week ago#3
Ok thx

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
1 week ago#4
There is a big Rick than you can sneak around. If you quietly walk, the Centarleo will her you and be intrigued, and slowly follow you.

Then you can drop a bomb at the corner and run to the next side of the rock and wait to explode the bomb hurting the creature. Then repeat that about 200 times.

Or just run fast and grab things off of trees.
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
1 week ago#5
thenewcthulhu posted...
There is a big Rick than you can sneak around. If you quietly walk, the Centarleo will her you and be intrigued, and slowly follow you.

Then you can drop a bomb at the corner and run to the next side of the rock and wait to explode the bomb hurting the creature. Then repeat that about 200 times.

Or just run fast and grab things off of trees.
It’s no Little Rick though.
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 week ago#6
Probably the second easiest boss other than the wind one, last phase can be a smidge fiddly but shouldn't cause much trouble, second hardest temple but that's puzzle difficulty rather than combat so no risk of failure there.

Lynel fight is hardest thing about it, sure you can sneak, but be a man, beat up on gymbro centuar. Take a few shields and you can just bait flurry rushes on it, or you can look up the arrow spam technique but that feels a bit exploity imo.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: PerefL

PerefL
1 week ago#7
The Lynel is quite difficult, but it's also optional since you can find Shock Arrows elsewhere. Vah Ruta itself is probably the second-easiest Divine Beast.
And that's the story of how I met your mother.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 week ago#8
bluebeans posted...
It’s no Little Rick though.
Tiny Rick*
"Did you just pooter me?"
- OnettsOwn

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 week ago#9
PerefL posted...
The Lynel is quite difficult, but it's also optional since you can find Shock Arrows elsewhere. Vah Ruta itself is probably the second-easiest Divine Beast.
My first play-through, I pretty much followed the guidance of the story. From the plateau, to Dueling Peaks stable, over to Kakariko, Hateno tech lab, then back-track a little and make my way up to Zora's Domain via the road, including meeting up with Sidon at the head of Inogo Bridge.

Point is, by the time I got to the Lynel on Mt Polymus, I had not seen one at all yet ... and had NO idea how to fight it. I spent the entire time up there avoiding it, collecting my shock arrows, and getting the hell out of there as quick as I could.

Then, fighting Vah Ruta was crazy for me too. I was so stupid that I didn't even think to use the Cryonis rune to break the ice blocks ... so I was wasting ALL my arrows shooting the blocks, and ran out. I had to eventually quit the battle to board Vah Ruta, go get more arrows, come back, re-fight, etc. and finally get on to tame the beast.

I'm not gonna lie ... I wouldn't change a thing, and would do it all over that same way again if I could, for the first time. It was the best part of the game by far, when I didn't really know what I was doing ... was so ill prepared for anything that everything was hard, challenging, difficult, etc. I had really hoped it would stay that hard all game long ... where fighting really meant something. Scaling cliffs was not just a joke, but something you can to carefully consider if you had limited stamina and no climbing gear. Getting electrocuted only to find out I have to put my metal gear away to avoid it ...

It's a damn shame that we can't all go back to the start, ignorant as hell about the game, and just play it again for the first time without knowing anything about it. I think too many of our opinions are being formed by our end-game experience, and (unfortunately) not from that initial sense of awe and amazement when we first started playing.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#10
Atreides27 posted...

Tiny Rick*

Tiny Timi*
Marin's guardian
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. About to take on the giant water elephant thing. How hard is it?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A