• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you expect to enjoy BotW2 more than this game?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#31
I 'hope' to like it more, if they add new features and build in BOTW's weaknesses, to use the same skeleton to make a better game.

But with literally zero information on how the game will be different, I have no 'expectation' for it yet other than getting a game in the same general style.

User Info: so_hai

so_hai
1 week ago#32
Yes. Because great Zelda games don't require same generation sequels, so I agree that a real Zelda game is needed for the switch.
Do not write here.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#33
so_hai posted...
Yes. Because great Zelda games don't require same generation sequels, so I agree that a real Zelda game is needed for the switch.
So.... you think the original and OoT are both bad Zelda games?
Top 10: TP > BotW > BD > BS: EL > DQIX > ALttP > FFXIII > HK > FE: PoR > DPP

so_hai
1 week ago#34
Thrasher7170 posted...
So.... you think the original and OoT are both bad Zelda games?
I never said anything was bad. I said that they aren't great and that they're not "real" entries. I could make an exception for Zelda 1, but I really am talking about 3D Zelda games.
Do not write here.

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 week ago#35
so_hai posted...
Who said BotW "requires" a sequel? It is a great game on its own and your statement that it requires a sequel to be great is a strawman.

Further, your logic is also terribly flawed in assuming that the purpose of a sequel is to make the previous game better. That ignores literally dozens of other reasons for a sequel, not the least of which is that a game is so good that the consumer market is strongly demanding more of it. Which if your head isn't in the sand, you'd realize that is definitely the more likely scenario for BotW than it wasn't great enough on its own without a sequel.

But keep living in your world of botched logic.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#36
so_hai posted...
I never said anything was bad. I said that they aren't great and that they're not "real" entries. I could make an exception for Zelda 1, but I really am talking about 3D Zelda games.

If you don't think BOTW is a great game, that's fair. Heck if you thought it was a bad game and didn't enjoy it at all, that's also fair.

But saying it's not a 'real' entry is just baffling.

It has the Zelda name.
Was made by Nintendo.
It's a Zelda setting with Zelda locations, races and iconography.
It has Zelda Link and Ganon.
It has the master sword.
It has a very Zelda storyline.

You don't have to like the game. But saying it's not a 'real' entry into the series is laughable.

so_hai
1 week ago#37
MechaFlo posted...
If you don't think BOTW is a great game, that's fair. Heck if you thought it was a bad game and didn't enjoy it at all, that's also fair.

But saying it's not a 'real' entry is just baffling.

It has the Zelda name.
Was made by Nintendo.
It's a Zelda setting with Zelda locations, races and iconography.
It has Zelda Link and Ganon.
It has the master sword.
It has a very Zelda storyline.

You don't have to like the game. But saying it's not a 'real' entry into the series is laughable.
Well I put the word "real" in quotes in order for you to not take it literally. But you took it literally.

I mean that BotW wasn't simply another entry in the series. They had an agenda besides making a Zelda game. Unlike ALttP or the WW, BotW was really a "proof of concept" title.

It was mainly an open world game with Zelda features, not a Zelda game with open world features.
Do not write here.

so_hai
1 week ago#38
OhioLawyerF5 posted...
Who said BotW "requires" a sequel? It is a great game on its own and your statement that it requires a sequel to be great is a strawman.

Further, your logic is also terribly flawed in assuming that the purpose of a sequel is to make the previous game better. That ignores literally dozens of other reasons for a sequel, not the least of which is that a game is so good that the consumer market is strongly demanding more of it. Which if your head isn't in the sand, you'd realize that is definitely the more likely scenario for BotW than it wasn't great enough on its own without a sequel.

But keep living in your world of botched logic.
You're using "logic" where you should use "reasoning". Logic is not subjective and you have no choice about a logical result.

We're in a position now where the "largest" Zelda game and the only Zelda game to receive DLC is STILL not a complete package.

So, before I tell you more, tell me what the purpose of a sequel is, then:
Do not write here.

User Info: Opethian5

Opethian5
1 week ago#39
Possibly!
Loved botw, but if they make at least one of the aspects i think could be made more interesting differently (dungeons, bosses, enemy variation, story structure, mini dungeons, side quests) i might like it more

User Info: Whargarble

Whargarble
1 week ago#40
Zelda direct sequels are almost always better than the games they precede. AoL is better than the original. LA is better than ALttP. MM is better than OoT. The only exception I can think of is PH.

So yeah, I have high hopes for this sequel.
Welcome to Weebfaqs. Leave your opinions at the door.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you expect to enjoy BotW2 more than this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers