• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Best way of approaching dragon farming?

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
4 weeks ago#1
Are they on a set schedule for when they spawn at certain locations?

Also I read somewhere that the bow of light from the zelda amiibo makes farming them super easy since it fires straight, with 0 curve. Is this true? I do have this specific amiibo on me, so its not like I won't have access to this if its an option.
Anyone who defends microctransactions in a 60$, game needs a hard punch to the face. Keep that stuff to free to play games.
Signed: An activision and EA hater.

User Info: GrnFzzTgr

GrnFzzTgr
4 weeks ago#2
they appear at set times in certain locations yes. My farming spots are as follows, but they won't spawn if you're directly at their spawn point.

Faroash: Riola Spring in Faron 5 am
Dinraal: Near the Eldin Great Skeleton 5 AM
Nayrdra: East Lanayru Gate 5 am

I use the ancient bow, golden bow or phrenic bow. Ancient bow fires in a straight line, the other two do too for some distance.
NNID: GrnFzzTgr FC: 4425-1713-9059
My Mario Maker Stages! https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/GrnFzzTgr
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 weeks ago#3
if you just want parts without caring about whose (like, tons of horns for selling or for 30-minute buffs), farosh is the fastest and most consistent. there's a little cave just north of riola spring, go in there with some wood and a fire weapon, and make a fire and wait until morning. if you're in the right spot/get lucky (the dragons are all kind of finicky even with the best strategies) farosh'll spawn basically immediately, and you can jump into the updraft and snipe a part off in just seconds. then, don't run after it; wait for it to land (since this is when it actually spawns the part), re-light your fire, and wait until morning again. the part won't despawn when you rest since you're still nearby, so it's faster to generate a bunch and then run around picking them up.

the others don't have any spawn points where you can snipe them immediately; the places grn mentioned above are the best options, but you'll still have to wait a bit for them to come into range. also, small tip, the lanaryu gate itself offers enough cover to start a fire if it's raining.
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: GrnFzzTgr

GrnFzzTgr
4 weeks ago#4
I forgot to mention, one thing to be aware of, the Lanayru gate location has a Lynel.

For Farosh I put a campfire under a tree, for Naydra I put a campfire under the gate, the area for Dinrall I chose a spot somewhere between the two lynels on that route and put campfires under the pointy cliffs that overhang on the route.
NNID: GrnFzzTgr FC: 4425-1713-9059
My Mario Maker Stages! https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/GrnFzzTgr

User Info: CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K
4 weeks ago#5
GrnFzzTgr posted...
I forgot to mention, one thing to be aware of, the Lanayru gate location has a Lynel.

To add to this, that Lynel probably needs to die before you can farm Naydra in any capacity. It can't hit your with straight bow shots (if you're standing on the highest part of the gate), but it'll eventually get tired of missing and just vertically shoot/rain Frost Arrows your way.

Like DiogenesKC said, Farosh gets the most traffic because of how quick you can grab parts. I don't have the Zelda amiibo, so I settled with a Golden Bow from Gerudo Town.

I've had instances where the dragons didn't spawn at 5:00 AM a few times. May need to close and re-open the game to make sure everything is in working order.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
~ Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
1 week ago#6
My personal favorite method for Diniraal is to go to the Tabantia stable, use the fire or the inn until 6am and head out into the middle of the big bridge. You should see him approaching.

User Info: Arseen

Arseen
1 week ago#7
GodOfDerp posted...
Also I read somewhere that the bow of light from the zelda amiibo makes farming them super easy since it fires straight, with 0 curve. Is this true? I do have this specific amiibo on me, so its not like I won't have access to this if its an option.
It is true.
How ever there is little catch.
For the Amiibo to start giving out the bow you need to have had beaten all 4 Beasts (or might be 3 of them).

I AM THE TRUE PLAYER

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
1 week ago#8
This is my method I adopted from reddit last year, rearranged the order.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhbClPaT88

1) Start at Hateno, wait at campfire until Night once to prep to begin.
2) Pass time again at campfire to Night.
3) Teleport to the Tabantha Bridge Stable, then go north along the ride to find Dinraal.
4) Teleport to the Spring of Wisdom, run out and paraglide towards Wintre Island, you'll see Naydra approaching from below
5) Teleport ot the Lakeside Stable, you'll see Farosh emerge from Riola Spring, make your way to the middle of Floria Bridge to farm the part.
6) Teleport back to Hateno Village, and you can rest at the campfire to Night to start anew from step 3.

I use the Master Cycle Zero in order to prevent a Yiga member spawning.

"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."
Arseen posted...
It is true.
How ever there is little catch.
For the Amiibo to start giving out the bow you need to have had beaten all 4 Beasts (or might be 3 of them).
Just 1 beast is enough. I lucked out and got mine first try after Medoh.
"Evil is what you make of it. Bind it to a higher purpose, and you will have altered its nature." - Gerald Tarrant

User Info: Arseen

Arseen
1 week ago#10
tainted_emerald posted...
Just 1 beast is enough. I lucked out and got mine first try after Medoh.
Good to know, thank you.

I AM THE TRUE PLAYER
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Best way of approaching dragon farming?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers