• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it possible to defeat every enemy on the map before a blood moon?

User Info: Phoneguyhello12

Phoneguyhello12
3 weeks ago#1
I have been looking around for an answer but no one has ever considered this possibility. With the fact that enemies only respawn when the blood moon happens. Is it possible to defeat all enemies on the map between each blood moon
Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Never ever eat pears ~12th Doctor (Doctor who episode: twice upon a time)

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
3 weeks ago#2
not under normal circumstances, the game's just too big. you can delay blood moons by going into a shrine when one is about to happen, but i don't know if you can continue doing that long enough to clear the map or if the game'll eventually just start throwing mid-day blood moons at you every time you're outside
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
3 weeks ago#3
Phoneguyhello12 posted...
I have been looking around for an answer but no one has ever considered this possibility.

Look harder
Marin's guardian

User Info: Dawngarde

Dawngarde
3 weeks ago#4
DiogenesKC posted...
not under normal circumstances, the game's just too big. you can delay blood moons by going into a shrine when one is about to happen, but i don't know if you can continue doing that long enough to clear the map or if the game'll eventually just start throwing mid-day blood moons at you every time you're outside

I've thought about doing this, namely delay blood moons every single instance, and I think the game will still try to start blood moons just randomly
But you could probably just reload your save when that happens
So I really wonder if it's possible to eradicate Hyrule of all its monsters and as long as you keep avoiding the blood moons, keep it that way
The last ace in a lost hand.
- 3DS FC: 0447 - 5910 - 1026 -

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#5
A blood moon happens around every 3 hours of playing. I think the reason you aren't finding much on it is because it is so far from possible that it doesn't get discussed. I imagine it would take multiple times that long to kill every enemy on the map. Heck I have a handful of lynels and taluses I farm every blood moon and just doing those eats up a good portion of time between blood moons. Trying to go to every enemy camp plus defeat them all would take forever.

Look at this map and just put the enemies/camps on it: https://zeldamaps.com/?game=BotW You will see there are hundreds of them leaving like less than a second to kill each camp, not counting travel time. It's simply an impossibility.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

User Info: MistressFi

MistressFi
3 weeks ago#6
The enemies on Eventide Island will respawn whenever the area reloads, as a minor note. They don't seem to rely on a Blood Moon.

I guess you could just save killing them for last, though.

User Info: Arseen

Arseen
3 weeks ago#7
.... but no one has ever considered this possibility.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75244713

OhioLawyerF5 posted... A blood moon happens around every 3 hours of playing. I think the reason you aren't finding much on it is because it is so far from possible that it doesn't get discussed. I imagine it would take multiple times that long to kill every enemy on the map. Heck I have a handful of lynels and taluses I farm every blood moon and just doing those eats up a good portion of time between blood moons. Trying to go to every enemy camp plus defeat them all would take forever.

Look at this map and just put the enemies/camps on it: https://zeldamaps.com/?game=BotW You will see there are hundreds of them leaving like less than a second to kill each camp, not counting travel time. It's simply an impossibility.

You are going with no Blood Moon delaying.
I think someone did the deed but can't find the topic.
I AM THE TRUE PLAYER
(edited 3 weeks ago)

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#8
Arseen posted...
.... but no one has ever considered this possibility.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75244713

OhioLawyerF5 posted... A blood moon happens around every 3 hours of playing. I think the reason you aren't finding much on it is because it is so far from possible that it doesn't get discussed. I imagine it would take multiple times that long to kill every enemy on the map. Heck I have a handful of lynels and taluses I farm every blood moon and just doing those eats up a good portion of time between blood moons. Trying to go to every enemy camp plus defeat them all would take forever.

You are going with no Blood Moon delaying.
I think someone did the deed but can't find the topic.

As often as the game forces bloodmoons during the day when it's memory gets overwhelmed, I find that hard to believe. Even if you delay scheduled blood moons, given the sheer volume of enemies needed to be killed to get every enemy on the map, I would just about guarantee the game would force a blood moon before you got them all. I've had forced blood moons from doing far less and I never leave my system on without closing the software.

User Info: Arseen

Arseen
3 weeks ago#9
OhioLawyerF5 posted...
As often as the game forces bloodmoons during the day when it's memory gets overwhelmed, I find that hard to believe. Even if you delay scheduled blood moons, given the sheer volume of enemies needed to be killed to get every enemy on the map, I would just about guarantee the game would force a blood moon before you got them all. I've had forced blood moons from doing far less and I never leave my system on without closing the software.
He did it by continuously saving and having warppoint next to shrine.
If he got forced blood moon he reloaded and warped to shrine to wait out the blood moon.
Or so it was claimed, not sure was it ever prooven.
I AM THE TRUE PLAYER

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#10
I'd need to see it to believe it. If the game is forcing a blood moon, I don't think you can just reload to avoid it. It is forcing the blood moon for a reason. It won't just forget about it if you reload. As soon as you are in the overworld, regardless of time of day, the blood moon would occur. You can't just wait out a forced blood moon in a shrine like you can with a regular blood moon.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is it possible to defeat every enemy on the map before a blood moon?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers