• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. A few general questions NO SPOILERS

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
4 weeks ago#11
I prefer to get all stamina before heart upgrades. Don't get hearts until you have your 3 full wheels of stamina. Having max stamina makes traversing the world so much simpler and faster.

Couple that with the easy ability to cook hearty foods that give you ridiculous amounts of yellow hearts, and having 3 hearts isn't a liability at all. Just cook up 5 hearty durians for 20 extra yellow hearts. So you can run around with 23 hearts immediately (and the durians are easily farmable), and you can keep that many hearts by just eating more meals as you lose them. With all those yellow hearts, there's no reason to have the red ones.

Spoiler regarding Master Sword: And don't worry about having enough hearts for the master sword. There is a location in the game where you can exchange stamina vessels for heart containers. So when you are ready to go get the MS, just swap out your stamina for hearts, go get the sword, then swap back for your stamina again.

That's my preference for how I like to play. You may not prefer that way, but you should at least have all the information to make an informed decision.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

User Info: Saintpara

Saintpara
4 weeks ago#12
It's also very easy to farm Restless Crickets. Cook some of these with monster parts to make stamina elixirs. Just cut some grass and you'll find plenty of them.
3DS Friend Code - 4055-5631-2103 (Saint)
Heeeee Hooooo!!!!!

OhioLawyerF5
4 weeks ago#13
Who makes stamina elixirs with restless crickets? If you want stamina, farm endura carrots and shrooms. You can get up to 2 full yellow wheels.

But regardless, if you run out of stamina and need to eat you must open the menu and find the meal, which defeats the purpose of having more stamina to quickly and easily traverse the terrain. And with only 1 wheel, adding 2 wheels means you only have 3 max instead of 5. Which means eating more often since you use stamina all the time.

But hearts last much longer as you explore. So eat a hearty meal to get 23 hearts and you won't eat again for a long time. That's why I prefer stamina.

means

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
4 weeks ago#14
Well, restless crickets are much more abundant in the early game, before you know where the good stuff is. So it's decent enough advice, imo.

More to the point, if you understand the cooking system and where to find ingredients, and you're willing to pause, you almost never need to worry about hearts or stamina. So I prefer to prioritize stamina too. Travel is a constant thing in this game, while combat is usually a choice. So I'd much rather pause for combat than every single time I want to climb a cliff. Not to mention just being able to run for longer and therefore just generally being faster.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
4 weeks ago#15
Sephiroth311 posted...
1)Once you get the glider are you pretty much free to explore the whole map? Are there areas that are inaccessible due to item requirement and/or strong enemies or can you just go where you want?

Well, if you're not careful, there are areas with strong enemies around. For example, the Tower in Hyrule Field north of the Plateau has a variety of static Guardians around it. (The laser turret near one of the tutorial shrines. As opposed to the ones with legs... which are also roaming that area.) You don't want to get caught by them. If you know what you're doing, you can avoid them and activate the tower, but the areas near and just south of the Castle are definitely designed for stronger characters with some really good armor and weapons. And there's some strong enemies around the map that you're better off avoiding, but you can walk around them, and they're not tightly packed together.

There's also Hebra, Death Mountain, and the Desert. One of those is really cold, Death Mountain sets wooden items on fire and is hot, and the desert changes from hot to cold with the time of day. With all of those, you're supposed to deal with it by getting food or elixirs to deal with it temporarily, or getting armor for a more semi-permanent solution. For example, Goron City sells heatproof armor from the Armor shop, but the trick is getting there while it's so hot. You'll have to buy something or make something to get you there. It's not just "you can go here", it's "you can go here if you prepare", and there's several ways to deal with them. A flaming torch is enough of a heat source to resist one level of cold, for example.

You also can't access the southern half of the desert without dealing with Divine Beast Vah Nabooris. Vah Ruta and Vah Rudania makes things harder, but don't do that much to stop you. Not sure Vah Medoh does anything to stop you.

Sephiroth311 posted...
2)Can any of the shrines be beaten at any point? I’m basically just going to beat them as soon as I see them. Again do some have any requirements such as story progression?

Yes to the second. Again, Vah Nabooris blocks stuff. Some Shrine Quests are locked behind a local Divine Beast.

While Tests of Strength can be beaten "at any point", you almost certainly won't manage it. You can still register the Shrine as a teleport location without beating it, but unless you have good weapons and armor, probably not likely.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
4 weeks ago#16
Haha yeah I found out about the Central Tower the hard way. I guess I need a bit more stamina as the lasers keep shooting me down before I can duck for cover.

I think I’ve properly got the hang of it all now thanks! Just one final question; Is anything truly missable from a completionist view? I read that some weapons and armour are missable but the only thing that effects is the Hyrule Compendium right? According to the sticky you can just buy the missing ones anyway?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
4 weeks ago#17
Sephiroth311 posted...
Haha yeah I found out about the Central Tower the hard way. I guess I need a bit more stamina as the lasers keep shooting me down before I can duck for cover.

If you know what you're doing, you can do it as you are. Like, brewing some Speed Boost and Stamina Recovery food or elixirs, or using fire to create an updraft and fly a bit, etc. Flying took a few attempts for me, though.

There's a bunch of features available to you that you can make use of to do things way earlier than you expect.

Sephiroth311 posted...
I think I’ve properly got the hang of it all now thanks! Just one final question; Is anything truly missable from a completionist view? I read that some weapons and armour are missable but the only thing that effects is the Hyrule Compendium right? According to the sticky you can just buy the missing ones anyway?

Basically, yes, nothing important.

You don't have permanent access to every weapon, which only means missing out on photos, which means you're stuck with the default compendium image, and that's minor. Many things replenish every Blood Moon, but as enemy tiers increase, you lose access to weaker Lynels with lower tier Lynel weapons and shields. You also can't access Divine Beasts after you finish them, so if you leave something there, it's gone.

None of the armor is missable. You could sell it and lose it, though.
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

OhioLawyerF5
4 weeks ago#18
Any armor you sell can be repurchased. Even armor found in shrines can be purchased from a particular rare armor dealer.

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
4 weeks ago#19
Didn’t realise you could sell armour although I’m still rocking the warm doublet with Hylian trousers. Haven’t come across anything else yet.

I know I said that was my final question but just another thought, can you carry unlimited ingredients, food and armour? Is it just weapons, bows and shields that have limited slots?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Arseen

Arseen
4 weeks ago#20
Sephiroth311 posted...
I know I said that was my final question but just another thought, can you carry unlimited ingredients, food and armour? Is it just weapons, bows and shields that have limited slots?

Ingredients: All different ones fit and as they stack you can carry 999 of each.

Food: You can have 2 pages of food (or was it 3). Each food takes one slot, no stacking.

Armor: 100 (IIRC) slots which 7 slots too little to have all different ones if you want all Amiibo ones as well.
You can have duplicate armor as well. Again no stacking.
I AM THE TRUE PLAYER
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. A few general questions NO SPOILERS
  • Post New Message