• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Soo is Zelda gonna be another damsel in distress next game?

User Info: BassGSX

BassGSX
1 month ago#1
Take your bets. I’m saying yes. However, I think it would be more empowering for her to fight along side Link as a selectable character or in their own campaigns where the character you don’t pick gets side lined.

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 month ago#2
She can be a damsel as long she has some sense of agency in the story. In BotW, for example, she needs to be rescued, but she wasn't kidnapped, she marched up to Ganon on her own and has been consciously choosing to forcefully restrain him (a very difficult task) for 100 years.

There are plenty of character options besides "hopeless damsel in distress" and "full player character".
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 month ago#3
I would hardly call her a damsel in distress in BotW. The whole story (like 30 minutes of memory cutscenes) is all about learning to access her internal power and rescuing Link and taking on Ganon by herself, holding him back for 100 years.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

User Info: RaynerDvorah

RaynerDvorah
1 month ago#4
Zelda is definitely not a damsel in distress in BOTW. She's literally the only thing keeping Calamity Ganon from destroying all of Hyrule 😂

User Info: BassGSX

BassGSX
1 month ago#5
I’m not speaking of this game. But they’re going to need another plot device to spur your playthrough (because saving the world from obliteration is never enough by itself) - so she’ll have to be another stereotypical trope and require saving
(edited 1 month ago)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 month ago#10
BassGSX posted...
I’m not speaking of this game. But they’re going to need another plot device to spur your playthrough (because saving the world from obliteration is never enough by itself) - so she’ll have to be another stereotypical trope and require saving

I bet you suck in your creative writing class if you can't conceive of a story where the world needs saved but the princess has agency and is more than a stereotype.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Soo is Zelda gonna be another damsel in distress next game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers