• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Almost 3 years later and people are STILL playing this empty game?

User Info: astutecollie

astutecollie
1 week ago#1
Somehow this game is still in the top 10 switch message boards. WHYYYY???? I mean how long can someone spend running around looking for korok seeds? Unbelievable.

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 week ago#2
I honestly don't know if you're trolling or serious, but it's of no consequence either way. I'm just gonna say that what I find as fascinating and intriguing as anything else is how divided the extremes are for this game. So many who love it ... yet, so many who think it's awful.

User Info: astutecollie

astutecollie
1 week ago#3
wiggum posted...
I honestly don't know if you're trolling or serious, but it's of no consequence either way. I'm just gonna say that what I find as fascinating and intriguing as anything else is how divided the extremes are for this game. So many who love it ... yet, so many who think it's awful.

I liked the game, but I still thought it was pretty empty, which is why its just unfathomable to me that so many are still playing it 3 years later.

I mean anyone who has played something like say Skyrim, the game that is what inspired BOTW, has lots of places to discover. Hidden caves and whatnot. BOTW doesnt have that. Its just an overworld with some shrines. Thats it. Thats why I just dont get what people are still doing in this game. Are these people that just bought it?

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 week ago#4
astutecollie posted...
wiggum posted...

I liked the game, but I still thought it was pretty empty, which is why its just unfathomable to me that so many are still playing it 3 years later.

I mean anyone who has played something like say Skyrim, the game that is what inspired BOTW, has lots of places to discover. Hidden caves and whatnot. BOTW doesnt have that. Its just an overworld with some shrines. Thats it. Thats why I just dont get what people are still doing in this game. Are these people that just bought it?

I know what you're getting it better now, but still ...
1. People who just bought it recently
2. People who started it, put it down, picked it back up now
3. People who played it, loved it, finished it, put it down, and now want to play again (maybe just because, or to try new things (glitches, tricks, tactics, etc) that they didn't know about back then, but now realize are out there
4. People who are fully immersed into truly just enjoying the environment, cooking, completing all side quests, 100%'ing the map, etc.
5. People who are speed runners
6. People who are actively trying to identify tricks, glitches, exploits, etc.

Lots of reasons to still be playing, even if it's just to replay it with no real expectation or intention of finding or trying something new ... simply because it's an enjoyable, relaxing, fun game to mess with, especially if you're just trying to pass some time.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 week ago#5
astutecollie posted...
WHYYYY????

TC:
https://media.giphy.com/media/13AXYJh2jDt2IE/giphy.gif
"Did you just pooter me?"
- OnettsOwn
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#6
Lol
Marin's guardian

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#7
Atreides27 posted...
astutecollie posted...
WHYYYY????

TC:
https://media.giphy.com/media/13AXYJh2jDt2IE/giphy.gif

Amazing!
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: SpoonySp00ns98

SpoonySp00ns98
1 week ago#8
It's just a fun game to walk around and do stuff in.

Using your comparison to Skyrim, I can think of a few reasons why I'd choose this over Skyrim:

While the map in Skyrim is more filled, traversing it isn't nearly as fun as it is in this game. Having the ability to glide across the sky, or climb almost anything you see is a ton of fun and makes finding the korok puzzles and shrines all the more rewarding. When you consider the kind of content Skyrim stuffs in it's map, it all ends up being kind of same-y anyways. You find a quest, go to the quest destination, and fight whatever awaits you there. I will say Skyrim has the better combat, but only by a small margin. You're given more options on how you can customize your character, but it still only boils down to what flavor of Melee, magic, or archery you choose.

User Info: Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub
1 week ago#9
I don't get the appeal of it either. You can fart around with the physics I guess, but that gets boring after like 20 minutes. I actually didn't play Skyrim until after I played BotW, and yeah, Skyrim did it way better. everything had a story to it which made the world feel alive. BotW is just the same thing copy-pasted over and over again with no thought or reason put into it. I seriously think they didn't finish the game and just slapped together what they had so the Switch could have a big name launch title.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

User Info: NoBammas

NoBammas
1 week ago#10
Skyrim was as wide as the ocean, as deep as a puddle.

It was absolute dogs*** compared to Oblivion or Morrowwind imo. It may have looked prettier, but that was it.

I just picked the game up and started playing for the first time very recently. Gotta say, it's pretty good
PSN: NoBammas
DFFOO: 150851678
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Almost 3 years later and people are STILL playing this empty game?
  • Post New Message