• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 month ago#41
OhioLawyerF5 posted...
Fangs give a 10:30 time to your buffs.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75484104

Not sure why if you are getting dragon parts for cooking you wouldn't just shoot for the horns instead of fangs though. If you have some fangs laying around looking to be used, sure. But if you are farming to cook anyway, no reason to go for anything but horns.

honiberri posted...
https://old.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/63c915/cooking_in_breath_of_the_wild_getting_the_most/

Dragon fangs add 10:30 but that's a huge waste of a shooting a dragon in the face. Two mighty porgies and a monster extract will get you what you want if you're willing to save and retry until you get it. Otherwise, I think the best you can get is 8:50 with two mighty porgies, a bladed rhino beetle, and two bokoblin guts.

All of this ... and as noted, IF you happen to have dragon parts that are not horns, use them for shorter time period elixirs or meals. But, if you're going farming for dragon parts, and don't need the specific claw, fang, scale, etc. for an upgrade to armor or for something specific that needs THAT part ... just shoot horns, always. They fetch the most money if you want to sell them, and also give you the longest lasting buffs.

So, why cook a 10min attack buff when you can have a 30min version? It "costs" you no more to make, as farming the dragon part is same/same in terms of time, energy, arrow, bow, etc. And if you only use the potion 10 mins, then eat another meal with a different buff, it's same/same with the 10 min buff wearing off naturally ....

User Info: ngyojiw

ngyojiw
1 month ago#42
If the Hinox respawns, ..How do i know which hinox i have killed? i'm trying to go for Hinox so i guess 10 minutes buff is enough. I think it is not as tough , should be able to kill him? Better to shoot him in the eye with shock arrow?

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
1 month ago#43
Shoot it right in the fat one.
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
4 weeks ago#44
ngyojiw posted...
If the Hinox respawns, ..How do i know which hinox i have killed? i'm trying to go for Hinox so i guess 10 minutes buff is enough. I think it is not as tough , should be able to kill him? Better to shoot him in the eye with shock arrow?

30 second buff is enough for hinoxes. Equip your best 2 handed weapon and spin to win. They are dead in a few seconds.

If you have beat ganon, kilton will begin keeping track of which ones you have killed and they will have a star and tell you it was defeated by their health meter when you find them. If it doesn't say that, you haven't killed that one. I don't believe this happens until after you kill ganon, so you'll have to keep track for yourself prior to that.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

ngyojiw
4 weeks ago#45
oic.

I havent beat Ganon, havent got my 1st divine beast. Just reached Zora, but i have done around 67 shrines and unlocked all the tower except the Woodland tower( Korok Forest?) That means the Hinox and Linels are a little easier? My best weapon i guess is Edge of Duality.

I think i can go to Akkala but the last time it ask to prove if i'm real link. Wonder how i proof it, just get naked??

Any place to farm AncientCores which is your favourite? I think Acores is abit tougher to farm , its quiet hard to beat those Guardians in the WorldMap and cant remembere if the Modest test of strength shrines did drop Ancientcores or not? After i have sufficient, i think i can have some ancient weapons to help me?

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
4 weeks ago#46
I'd go get the woodland tower if I were you. You can float there from the mountains nearby or even skip most of the enemies just by jumping from the nearby ledge. But there is a royal claymore on top of the skull at the top of the tower that respawns every blood moon. So it's worth getting.

Your edge of duality will have no problem decimating hinoxes. Just use a charge attack and spin until it's dead.

As for proving you are Link, yes, just get naked to show your scars.

Ancient cores are not a common drop from guardians, so farming them isn't an easy task. Generally you will just have to fight guardians. I have found guardian stalkers and guardian skywatchers drop them and there are a ton of guardian stalkers all over the map to fight. I marked a few easy to get to one for when I want to farm their parts. If you have the master sword, and since you have 67 shrines you can get it if you want, and if not, I'd go get that soon, then use that to save durability on your other weapons. Chop their legs off one by one then they are easy kills. Each time you take off a leg it will stun it for a few seconds giving you time to take out the next leg. Keep doing that until it's down. If you can't sneak up and get close enough to get a leg before it sees you, just use stasis to hold it in place while you get the first leg.

Guardian Scout IV in the test of strength shrines also drop them (and giant ancient cores as well). So you can farm them each blood moon as well.

All of that is fine if you make sure to do it and get lucky. But there are two other ways to get cores worth mentioning. The first I use all the time. Since my house is in Hateno village, I tend to use that as my home base, so I'm there a lot. There is a guy named Teli who enters town repeatedly during all hours of the day and night. He sells guardian parts. Usually just crappy screws and gears and stuff. But if it is raining he will sell a single ancient shaft and ancient core. The core costs 320 rupees. You can exploit this if you really need a few cores asap. Sit at the fire until it's going to rain soon and just go wait near the gate for him to come by. Buy a core, then warp away to the other side of the map, sit for a couple nights, then warp back and repeat. It might take some time waiting for him to show up during the rain, but it works. I typically just wait for him if I happen to be in Hateno and it's raining. After many hours of playing and stopping to buy a core whenever it's raining there, I have plenty of cores without really having to exploit his shop or waiting to farm them. They sort of just naturally accumulated.

There is another method that exploits the respawning system for dynamic objects. Some call it a glitch. I don't because it was designed that way, they just didn't intend for people to find it and exploit it. But it's basically just using the fact that certain objects respawn when you move far enough away on the map (sort of like Teli's shop restocking by warping away). If you take an object far enough away from its location, the game will make it respawn, but since it's out of the zone where it respawns, it will repeatedly respawn. You can use this method to get hundreds of ancient cores fairly quickly. Here is a video in case you want to use this method. I did it once just to see it work, but if you are up for exploiting that methods, knock yourself out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrpJ9VkURuQ
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(edited 4 weeks ago)

ngyojiw
4 weeks ago#47
I see. Havent tried that yet for Ancient cores. Dont tell me the soldier set 4 stars and snowquill sets also need ancient cores? Now i have soldier (54defense) and stealth 3 stars,, lack climbing and snowqull only 2 stars.. When can i get the Opal/Sapphire set, its available right?

Im trying to get IceKeese wing and FireKeesewing. I cant believe iCewing is in the middle of hebra region, have to walk so faraway (inside the skull thing). Why isnt there better method..Its quite new area to me but i think even if i unlocked the whole shrine it seems faraway still...

I was trying to burn it like ChuchuJelly - seems like no luck trying that lol..
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
4 weeks ago#48
ngyojiw posted...
I see. Havent tried that yet for Ancient cores. Dont tell me the soldier set 4 stars and snowquill sets also need ancient cores? Now i have soldier (54defense) and stealth 3 stars,, lack climbing and snowqull only 2 stars.. When can i get the Opal/Sapphire set, its available right?

Im trying to get IceKeese wing and FireKeesewing. I cant believe iCewing is in the middle of hebra region, have to walk so faraway (inside the skull thing). Why isnt there better method..Its quite new area to me but i think even if i unlocked the whole shrine it seems faraway still...

You can’t believe an ice creature would be in the region covered in the most ice?
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
4 weeks ago#49
bluebeans posted...
ngyojiw posted...

You can’t believe an ice creature would be in the region covered in the most ice?

Quality work as always beans, thank you!
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever
(edited 4 weeks ago)

ngyojiw
4 weeks ago#50
How many ancient cores do i need in this game?
  • Post New Message