• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. This is truly the game of the generation

User Info: UnLoco

UnLoco
1 month ago#1
There really has not been a game before or after it this gen that can touch it's level of greatness. The masterful implementation of the open world setting, the music, the gameplay and the overall freedom and encouragement to experiment and try things and everything you do very much being something the game rewards you for in some way is unprecedented. This game is truly on it's own league.

Really only the sequel has a chance to match/surpass it this gen. After playing this game every other game specially open world ones just feel underwhelming.

User Info: drew9966

drew9966
1 month ago#2
I usually play the PS4 and I was lacking for new games so I went and bought a switch and this game. Man am I ever glad I did. This is one of the best games I've ever played. So much to do and I'm loving it.
It's 2019 and not the bronze age. Time to move on and use common sense.

User Info: Higurashi_Akane

Higurashi_Akane
1 month ago#3
Threads like this make me lose faith in humanity.
It's hip to f*** bees.
Don't read this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12861427/1/When-the-Heart-Rules-the-Mind

User Info: drew9966

drew9966
1 month ago#4
Higurashi_Akane posted...
Threads like this make me lose faith in humanity.

One (or two) person's view on a game is somehow tied to your view of humanity? strange.
It's 2019 and not the bronze age. Time to move on and use common sense.

User Info: Higurashi_Akane

Higurashi_Akane
1 month ago#5
It's not like I said what % I lose faith in humanity.
It's hip to f*** bees.
Don't read this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12861427/1/When-the-Heart-Rules-the-Mind

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 month ago#6
I think BotW is definitely a landmark game in the open world category. It's probably not the best, but I think it'll influence game design in a way that'll be felt for a long time.

But there's almost no chance of BotW surpassing my gameplay time for Skyrim, Oblivion, or Morrowind.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 month ago#7
Higurashi_Akane posted...
It's not like I said what % I lose faith in humanity.

Good thing nobody gaf
Marin's guardian

User Info: GooberSD

GooberSD
1 month ago#8
Breath of the Wild is amazing but I think Persona 5 is my game of the generation. It's close though.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 month ago#9
UnLoco posted...
There really has not been a game before or after it this gen that can touch it's level of greatness. The masterful implementation of the open world setting, the music, the gameplay and the overall freedom and encouragement to experiment and try things and everything you do very much being something the game rewards you for in some way is unprecedented. This game is truly on it's own league.

Really only the sequel has a chance to match/surpass it this gen. After playing this game every other game specially open world ones just feel underwhelming.

Pong> All
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 month ago#10
Rustykranz posted...
UnLoco posted...

Pong> All

Thunder Arrows > Pong > All
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. This is truly the game of the generation
  • Topic Archived