• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. The first time you go to duelling peaks (2nd area i guess?)

User Info: ngyojiw

ngyojiw
3 weeks ago#1
Did you do the shrines? (Bosh Kala, Ha Dahamar, Hila Rao etc) or we can do it near the end of the game?

For whatever storyline we go, it will straight away be doable (means we will have necessary skills right?)

Also, do the shrines never have monsters? or will later on?

User Info: Letsago

Letsago
3 weeks ago#2
I did most of them early on.
I'm pretty sure there are no enemies in the shrines of that area, but the Guardian Scouts will appear in other regions' shrines.
Let's-a go! Okey dokey!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#3
I did them as I came to them. The beauty of this game is that you can do them whenever you want. But for the dueling peaks shrines I found them really helpful if you head that way right off the plateau because there are some nice weapons in those shrines for early game when you are actually still looking to build your inventory. Sure an eightfold longblade isn't good for long, but if you grab it right off the platform you'll love it.

Plus, scaling dueling peaks right off the plateau is not only a nice accomplishment since you have little stamina yet, it teaches you how to scale such massive peaks without stamina. And learning to climb mountains by running rather than climbing straight up is a useful skill to have.

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
3 weeks ago#4
Not to mention that having a fast travel point on top of Dueling Peaks is useful just for the sheer quantity of the game's most valuable resource: up.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.

ngyojiw
3 weeks ago#5
What do you mean on top of dueling peaks?

I have 4 hearts now and it doesnt seem like an easy game. need tactical play even against Moblin ( need to keep using the bomb runes), were you guys like that at beginning ?

I need to swim to get through to the tower but how? (always die) is that good place to get resources?

User Info: _locke__cole_

_locke__cole_
3 weeks ago#6
ngyojiw posted...

I need to swim to get through to the tower but how?

You don't need to swim. Use cryonis.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#7
ngyojiw posted...
What do you mean on top of dueling peaks?

I have 4 hearts now and it doesnt seem like an easy game. need tactical play even against Moblin ( need to keep using the bomb runes), were you guys like that at beginning ?

I need to swim to get through to the tower but how? (always die) is that good place to get resources?

The curve is steep at first. This is a game that starts out pretty hard then quickly gets easier to the point where eventually you feel godlike overpowered. I actually like that setup so I don't mind the game's difficulty level at all.

The thing to keep in mind is that there is ALWAYS an alternative in this game. If you struggle with something, there is a million other things to try that might make it easier. An example is the one you gave. Struggling to swim across the river to get to the tower? Try cryonis, or the place nearby with stones to jump across. Or find a high place and glide over. So many options. You will find climbing the dueling peaks mountains pose a similar challenge. Try to climb straight up and you will never have enough stamina. Plan a route with places to rest or even run up at an angle without even climbing. Lots of ways to do things.

Just hang in there early on. Build resources even if you think you don't need them. And as you get those shrines, make sure you don't leave without finding the treasure chests. There are decent weapons for early game players in most of the shrines. Also, explore off the path all over. You will find weapons just lying around all over the map. These are the ones that will respawn every blood moon so note their location and come back later to stock up.

ngyojiw
3 weeks ago#8
Around dueling peaks, there arent so many apples or shrooms, what are the best places to get the healing materials?

This isnt easy game by any means, i am outside the shrine with the spikes (near the stables) iwonder what to do next.. such a big games and even in this area there are 12 shrines, should i do them all first before meeting the old woman?

but like you said, i still cant climb with enough staminas making finding the shrines with climbing difficult, and the green monsters are not exactly easy at the outposts. even the water monsters.

what is every blood moon? i just realised the time will keep going (morning noon night)

is there places you can heal (full hearts) without the need to eat? resting at the campfire doesnt seem to do that..
(edited 3 weeks ago)

OhioLawyerF5
3 weeks ago#9
ngyojiw posted...
Around dueling peaks, there arent so many apples or shrooms, what are the best places to get the healing materials?

Apples and shrooms are probably the worst healing items to cook. Explore off the path and you'll find lots of good stuff. If you are near dueling peaks, go to the west of the southern peak (there is a campfire there by a tree just across the river to the south of the tower). From that campfire head south keeping the mountains to your east. As you get close to Faron tower you will begin to see a bunch of trees with a large spikey round fruit called hearty durian on it. Grab all of those you can find (the ledge with the two lizalfos right by the faron tower has tons). Cook one of them and it gives you a full regeneration plus 4 extra yellow temporary hearts. Cook 5 together and get +20 yellow hearts. That will really help if you are dying a lot. Plus you can grab the faron tower while you're there to get a bit more of your map unlocked. Float from the ledge right above where the lizalfos are and you can make an easy climb of the tower.

This isnt easy game by any means, i am outside the shrine with the spikes (near the stables) iwonder what to do next.. such a big games and even in this area there are 12 shrines, should i do them all first before meeting the old woman?

Do what you want. Definitely grab any shrines you see. The earlier the better (you can skip the ones that are major tests of strength until you are stronger, but otherwise do them all).

but like you said, i still cant climb with enough staminas making finding the shrines with climbing difficult, and the green monsters are not exactly easy at the outposts. even the water monsters.

It may be difficult, but it is not impossible. I climbed all the way up both sides of dueling peaks with zero stamina upgrades. Go around the back of the peaks where the slope is more gentle and work your way up. I'd get those shrines right away. Good items and having a warp point at the top of the mountains makes floating to many locations very easy. As for struggling with monsters, you don't HAVE to fight them. If you feel like you aren't strong/good enough right now, sneak past them. This game doesn't force you to fight very much. You can always just go around enemies.

what is every blood moon? i just realised the time will keep going (morning noon night)

If you have left the plateau, the first night should be a blood moon. That is where the moon is red and you get a cut scene at midnight telling you the monsters have all revived. It happens about every 3 real time hours of playing (about a week of in game time if you play straight through). It not only revives monsters you've killed, but items like weapons that are not in chests also regenerate. So if you find a weapon laying on the ground, you can go back and get another one in that location after a blood moon.

is there places you can heal (full hearts) without the need to eat? resting at the campfire doesnt seem to do that..

Sleeping in any bed will restore your health fully. Most towns will have an inn to sleep in. There are also a couple hot springs around the map to heal in, but those are likely not close enough to be of use to you now. But like I said, stocking up on food items is much easier than finding a bed. Go make a hearty durian run from where you are and you'll get 20-30 of those real quick (and they come back even quicker than a blood moon). Always make sure you cook your food before eating.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
3 weeks ago#10
You can climb up the Dueling Peaks with one stamina wheel
Marin's guardian
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. The first time you go to duelling peaks (2nd area i guess?)
  • Post New Message