• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I can't believe some people prefer Wind Waker to this masterpiece

User Info: Letsago

Letsago
4 weeks ago#11
HipsterSora posted...
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Boo-hoo. How dare people have different opinions.
Boo-hoo, how dare people discuss these opinions on the internet

lol

Letsago posted...
I'm probably the only person in the world that likes the boss refights in Ganon's Tower.
The surreal atmosphere of them is mesmerizing to me.
Might've been cool if they weren't all super easy but at the same time just a minor annoyance. I do think I would have enjoyed them (and everything else) better without motion controls as previously mentioned, but they all follow the same basic short loop
1) use new item to reveal weakness
2) whack weakness

which takes no skill and the biggest problem you'll have with them is the targeting system. Honestly the rooms where you have to fight several variations of enemies at the same time are way harder than any of the bosses. 3 bird wizards + 2 knights + random enemy requires multitasking attack and defense, multiple items, and interchanging sword gameplay with item gameplay based on needs.

The BotW bosses at the end (assuming you didn't do the blights) all have somewhat of the same issue if you know what you're doing, which is 3x attack arrow headshots and heavy spinning to win. That at least takes aim and stamina management though, which is already more than WW's boss design before we want to include the elemental aspects and individual powers and cool stuff like being able to use your magnet to lift the metal bars up to thunderblight.

sorry for writing a lot to such a short response

No worries.
For me, the main thing I really like about TWW is its atmosphere. Admittedly, it makes little sense for a boss rematch to be easier than the original, but I just like the idea that Link is living through an illision or nightmare of his past encounters. Also, I thought it was cool that you only have the items you actually had during the original fight. Even your Rupees change back to the amount you had during the original fight! I just thought that was an amazing little detail.
Let's-a go! Okey dokey!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: HipsterSora

HipsterSora
4 weeks ago#12
I found that the game removing my equipped items (even when they were ones had during that boss fight) was such a drag. Like I said, easy but also annoying. The rupee thing sounds like a cool detail though, yes.

::
::

gonna get to nub and akane later hopefully
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQx_KMoCgJU | Reading Jojolion
'It is well known that the Heartless harbor an intense hatred of shirts.' -keybladesrus

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
4 weeks ago#13
I'm not even starting to try to get into the "which is better?" discussion ... mainly because both these games are great, and very very different. I don't even know how you can compare these two other than a very generic question and sense of "Which did YOU have more fun playing?". I absolutely love them both for completely different reasons.

User Info: Epic_Manky

Epic_Manky
3 weeks ago#14
WW is hot garbage, BoTW is kind of just "good"
...And I meant that in the worst way possible.
FEH Friend Code: 8377355117 / Lead unit: https://i.imgtc.ws/h0hKdBQ.jpg
HipsterSora posted...

gonna get to nub and akane later hopefully

Go ahead and take your time dude. I'm too busy playing good games that rip off BotW but do it in a way that makes it better than BotW. Like the eighth chapter in Astral Chain.
It's hip to f*** bees.
Don't read this: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12861427/1/When-the-Heart-Rules-the-Mind

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
3 weeks ago#16
Epic_Manky posted...
WW is hot garbage, BoTW is kind of just "good"

did you mean to say that WW is "hot garbage"? or "not garbage"?

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
3 weeks ago#17
WW is just a more solidly designed game, while BOTW feels like mostly padding.

I got all 120 shrines and now i'm taking a break to play other games, i'll come back to beat the other two divine beasts then the DLC later.

WW, the original gamecube version, was phenomenal and a huge part of my childhood, i still remember the sounds and music.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards

User Info: soetem

soetem
3 weeks ago#18
Evil_the_Nub posted...
Wind Waker had a lot of variety to it. Each island was unique and there was always something interesting to find. BotW is a lot of the same thing over and over and over again. Pick apples over here or pick apples over there. Fight bokoblins on the land, fight bokoblins in the sand. I think BotW was rushed to meet the Switch launch date and they had to copy & paste the few things they had finished to fill it with some kind of content. How many of the shrines are trials of combat where you fight the same enemy every time? How many korok seed puzzles are the same?

Not wrong
Switch FC SW-0032-0003-7075
I'm open to adding people
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Vados

Vados
3 weeks ago#19
Evil_the_Nub posted...
Wind Waker had a lot of variety to it. Each island was unique and there was always something interesting to find. BotW is a lot of the same thing over and over and over again. Pick apples over here or pick apples over there. Fight bokoblins on the land, fight bokoblins in the sand. I think BotW was rushed to meet the Switch launch date and they had to copy & paste the few things they had finished to fill it with some kind of content. How many of the shrines are trials of combat where you fight the same enemy every time? How many korok seed puzzles are the same?

Not really. Tons of islands were the same s*** over and over again, like the reefs, the fairy fountains, the archipelagos that you can't even set foot on, the three islands that you just need to visit to raise the tower of gods, the holes with the same four combat rooms etc.. There never was anything interesting to find. Just rupees, the usual heart piece if you're lucky and tons of crappy loot like joy pendants. Heck, even things that should feel unique, like the Ghost Ship, were just recycled content. And when they ran out of time to copy&paste some more, they filled up the game with tons of empty space, via the Great Sea.
WW also had less enemy and combat variety than BotW, with less tools for Link to use.

User Info: Degalon

Degalon
3 weeks ago#20
Vados posted...
WW also had less enemy and combat variety than BotW, with less tools for Link to use.

Hold up.

Just off the top of my head, ww had

Moblins
Bokoblins
Miniblins
Bubbles
Stalfos
Redeads
Rocs
Keese
Chuchus
Wizzrobes
Poes
Darknuts
The centipede things

While botw has

Bokoblin
Moblin
Lizalfos
Chuchu
Keese
Wizzrobe (I hate counting these because they dont even do anything just dance around as you keep knocking them out of the air)
Guardian

And that's it. You could maybe stretch it with hinox, the rock thing, and lynels but those are a gray area of overworld bosses/minibosses, and if we are counting those, WW has even more.
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I can't believe some people prefer Wind Waker to this masterpiece
  • Post New Message