• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How many ZELDA games did you play before reaching OOT?

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
4 weeks ago#51
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Korppi123 posted...
I have never played a zelda game, well at least owned one. Today I bought a switch and botw, excited.

Have fun!

I will :)

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
4 weeks ago#52
TheAntiZealot posted...
Ramza1 posted...
Usually a tldr is less about focus and is more a matter of off topic rambling, which you kind of did.

"TLDR" has always been a put down and a dismissal. It was never intended as a corrective gesture. If something is truly too long to read, commenting about it is an extra step, it's off-topic, and it's dismissive.

A corrective remark, for example, might be "WALLOFTEXT" which basically is referring to the lack of proper paragraphs.

Ramza1 posted...
But on this board, tldr is pretty much just something that a few people think is really funny to say whether it makes sense or not, usually as some sort of running joke between posters. So I wouldn't take it personally.

True enough. We have a troupe of lads who think it's funny to frustrate people.

Yeah they’re bastards.
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyP1hWajSRE&app=desktop&persist_app=1

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
4 weeks ago#53
TheAntiZealot posted...
"TLDR" has always been a put down and a dismissal. It was never intended as a corrective gesture.

In my mind, someone would have to do something wrong to warrant being "put down". So while there may not be any corrective intent, I'd think it would still indicate an "error" of some kind. Like if someone spills their drink all over their pants. You might laugh at them just to put them down, but you're still indicating a mistake.

Tldr should serve a similar purpose. If you use it after a long post that legitimately contributes to a discussion and couldn't have been made any more brief, then (in my mind) you're not insulting the poster, you're begging for attention or accidentally admitting to having a poor attentive span.

Use it after a long post that goes into too much personal detail, or that feels like the poster is seeking attention, then you're effectively (and correctly) mocking the poster by saying "just get to the point already".

But that's my mind. Apparently in the real world, people mock and put each other down for no reason whatsoever, which is why it's not worth taking personally.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
4 weeks ago#54
tldr
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
4 weeks ago#55
Rustykranz posted...
tldr

Predictable
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: IronTusk

IronTusk
4 weeks ago#56
Legend of Zelda (NES)
Adventures of Link (NES)
A Link to the Past (SNES)
Link's Awakening (GB)

4 of them.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
4 weeks ago#57
Ramza1 posted...
Rustykranz posted...
tldr

Predictable

tldr
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: shrimp05

shrimp05
4 weeks ago#58
OoT was the first I ever played. For like an hour. My brother borrowed it from my cousin. But I got a taste of Zelda and I was hooked. I found out Majora's Mask was coming out soon so I got that on my next birthday and played the heck out of it. It's tied for favorite with BotW. Later got my hands on OoT, OoA, played roms of LttP and MC, got WW, then kept up with the releases of TP, SS, PH, ALBW, and finally BotW. I've played roms of LA and OoS but I keep losing interest in them. I skipped ST because I'm not that into the WW sequel storylines. I also got an NES classic and finally got around to beating Zelda 1 and got to the last palace of Zelda 2 before taking a break.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 weeks ago#59
PalomBM posted...
3. 4 if you count LA and LADX as separate games.

Rented 2, didn't know what to do. Tried someone's copy of LttP, messed around with the Fire Rod. Saw someone playing LA, so I demonstrated the bomb arrow trick I saw in Nintendo Power.

Then I bought LADX three days before getting OoT (and LttP a week later).
I played and beat LA 3x before I knew about bomb arrows.

Can't think of much they'd be needed for tbh. Maybe the gargoyles in turtle rock?
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storytellers are who make great stories, not companies.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#60
Zelda 1/2 on the NES and LTTP for sure.

I played link's awakening dx on my gbc but I don't remember 100% if I played it before or after OOT.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How many ZELDA games did you play before reaching OOT?
  • Post New Message