• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How many ZELDA games did you play before reaching OOT?

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
1 week ago#1
2 for me.

1. A link to the past. 1995. Borrowed it from a friend and really loved it. First time playing such a game, and I thought it was amazing. Took me a while to beat, maybe 4 months? Longest time I was stuck was a month on the book puzzle, I didn't realise to run into the shelf in the library.

2. Link's Awakening - 1996. I had a mini guide that came with the super game boy, and a nintendo mag guide to all secret seashells, before I got this game for Christmas. Loved it. Longest time stuck for me was the 2nd boss. I never thought of throwing his bottle against the wall....

Then in 1998....

OOT.

How about you guys?
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....
OoT was my first game actually.
Ended up playing LoZ 1 afterwards due to playing both via the mega collection.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 week ago#4
I started on LoZ 1 in 1986. I messed around on it for a while and never finished it (I was a kid after all). Then I got LoZ 2 and played it through. After finishing it and loving it, I went back and finished the last couple dungeons in #1 and uncovered all the side stuff. Then I played ALttP on SNES. I was more into Sega Genesis at the time so I breezed through it without as much thought (I got more enjoyment out of it later in life than back then). I never really played gameboy much so OoT was the next one I played. By that time I was an adult and gaming wasn't as common for me except the rare games from series that I liked. I like OoT and the 3D Zelda concept so much I kept buying new systems and each new Zelda installment (I also kept up with Final Fantasy until X came out and ruined the experience for me). So I guess I played 3 before OoT.

User Info: sorinev

sorinev
1 week ago#5
I preordered OoT, so I got it when it came out. Up to that point there were only 4 other Zelda games and I had played them all.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#6
OhioLawyerF5 posted...
I started on LoZ 1 in 1986. I messed around on it for a while and never finished it (I was a kid after all). Then I got LoZ 2 and played it through. After finishing it and loving it, I went back and finished the last couple dungeons in #1 and uncovered all the side stuff. Then I played ALttP on SNES. I was more into Sega Genesis at the time so I breezed through it without as much thought (I got more enjoyment out of it later in life than back then). I never really played gameboy much so OoT was the next one I played. By that time I was an adult and gaming wasn't as common for me except the rare games from series that I liked. I like OoT and the 3D Zelda concept so much I kept buying new systems and each new Zelda installment (I also kept up with Final Fantasy until X came out and ruined the experience for me). So I guess I played 3 before OoT.

This guy is like the tldr #1 Contender. When is the bout?
Marin's guardian

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#7
I think it was my fourth, after WW, the original, and MM (sort of).

I played WW when I was 6, and loved it. So, when I got my GBA I convinced my mom to buy me the original Classics version for it and loved that, too. Then I spent some time in the hospital and got the chance to play the collector’s edition, starting with MM. enjoyed that, realized that OoT was the game before it, and decided to play it before continuing MM.

I absolutely hated it. The only reason I finished it was to see how it led into MM, and it didn’t even do that that much.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#8
OoT was the first Zelda game I encountered (although it might have been ALttP when I think about it), but at the time I didn't know it was part of a series and I didn't really play much of it either (just wandering around the Kokiri village and the starting bits of the Deku Tree).

I reunited many years later with Wind Waker, loved it, and then later I got Twilight Princess and Minish Cap. There might have been a few more games in-between but I don't really recall. Eventually, I found a N64 cartridge of OoT on sale for really cheap and I bought it.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#9
nurlen posted...
OhioLawyerF5 posted...

This guy is like the tldr #1 Contender. When is the bout?

I dont think he has was its takes to win the title from wiggy
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: Nightfire2512

Nightfire2512
1 week ago#10
Let’s see:

Link’s Awakening as a kid shortly after it came out. Didn’t get far.

Zelda 1 via Animal Crossing my first year of High school. Got to at least the dungeon with the Magic Rod.

Wind Waker the same year. Rented it, got to just before the boss of Makar’s dungeon, then had to return it.

Twilight Princess for the Wii during my last year of high school. Got to the final dungeon before stopping.

Possibly also A Link to the Past as a kid. It vaguely seemed familiar when I played it a few years later, but if I had it wasnt enough to leave an impression.

So OoT was my 4th or 5th, in early 2008. It was the first that I actually beat, however. And was the reason I went back and finally finished TP.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How many ZELDA games did you play before reaching OOT?
  • Post New Message