• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Citan37

Citan37
1 week ago#1
Just finished my 2nd playthrough did they ever buff durability of weapons or did I build up a false memory of weapons breaking left and right? I really enjoyed it alot more this time. I ended up delaying starting Astral Chain because I was so into this. I completed Trail of the Sword and my God it took forever to break my sword after that. But yeah the whole point or this post was mostly the first sentence. Thanks for the great time Zelda.
Fear the Old Blood

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#2
Drunkie wrote on the bathroom wall with his own feces...
You're welcome
Marin's guardian

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#3
nurlen posted...
Drunkie wrote on the bathroom wall with his own feces...
You're welcome

Lmao, the best one yet
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#4
Citan37 posted...
I build up a false memory of weapons breaking left and right

This.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 week ago#5
Citan37 posted...
Just finished my 2nd playthrough did they ever buff durability of weapons or did I build up a false memory of weapons breaking left and right? I really enjoyed it alot more this time.

You probably abandoned your old method of prioritizing weaker weapons so that you could avoid using stronger ones.

And replaced it with your new, more efficient method of using the best weapons you could find for each situation.

The game rewarded you for it with higher durability stats than the weaker weapons of your first playthrough.

Resulting in you being able to defeat a greater number of enemies before each weapon shattered.

Which forced you to pick up only the strongest weapon(s) after each fight while ignoring the weakest ones. Thereby reinforcing the cyclical model.

Just a guess.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: OhioLawyerF5

OhioLawyerF5
1 week ago#6
There was no modification of the weapon durability system. It feels like they break all the time on your first playthrough because the mechanic is having the desired effect of bringing a sense of tension to the player and a need to strategize your weapon usage. This is a testament to just how good that system is. On your second playthrough you expect it, have learned to deal with it, and also begin to realize it isn't as bad as you thought.

So part of it is that. The other part might be just how blown out of proportion it is on internet message boards like this one. It can create a false impression of the significance and fragility of the breaking weapons. Don't buy the hype. Yes the weapons break. But they don't break as quickly as people claim here. And it certainly doesn't harm the gameplay as people claim. In fact, as mentioned above, it appears to have achieved its goal of adding a sense of desperation on the part of the first time player. A sense that Link truly woke up in a world he doesn't really recognize with no help and no inventory. That he must scratch and claw for every resource on his journey to save Hyrule. I'd say it hit the mark nicely.

User Info: Andthenweplay

Andthenweplay
1 week ago#7
I may need to pick up this game again. The weapon durability drove me insane. It is the worst I have ever played in any game and from what I gather I couldn't find repair hammers or anything. But I loved nearly everything else in the game.
Now Playing: Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

User Info: Citan37

Citan37
1 week ago#8
I think replaying it I was expecting everything to break every 10 seconds like i "remembered" and it was a ton of fun.
Fear the Old Blood

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
1 week ago#9
Weapons should just be treated like ammunition.
The fight for Net Neutrality is still not over!
If you care about the modern state of the internet, then please take action to protect Net Neutrality!

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
6 days ago#10
wiiking96 posted...
Weapons should just be treated like ammunition.

Isn't that what we already have?
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
  • Post New Message