• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Siddhart4

Siddhart4
1 month ago#1
It's been since the reveal that fans are analyzing the trailer. In fact we noticed since the start that the audio of the trailer might have an hidden message that can be listened only if the trailer is playing reversed.
Sad to say, the audio is so heavy modified that you can actually hear a voice, or a chorus, but you cannot understand the words.

That was it, at least until some guy from Nintendo gave us the secret special words...
You can find the trailer and the hidden message at this link, it'll start just at the right spot (before there's a 4min commentary in italian)

https://youtu.be/jD9LOUxtcBQ?t=253
my channel @
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqYrC0E8FEX5J5nWf-ttIAQ

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#2
Even listening through and being the willing subject of word suggestion via the subtitles, I still did not make out distinct english words. Especially not ones that changed with each verse.

Furthermore, when merely reading the words and ignoring the vocals, I find that the phrasing, itself, is borderline nonsensical. For example, "Come find us OR you can find the body" is a bit of gibberish when juxtaposed against the meaning of the other phrases in the subtitles.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65

User Info: Siddhart4

Siddhart4
1 month ago#3
TheAntiZealot posted...
Even listening through and being the willing subject of word suggestion via the subtitles, I still did not make out distinct english words. Especially not ones that changed with each verse.

Furthermore, when merely reading the words and ignoring the vocals, I find that the phrasing, itself, is borderline nonsensical. For example, "Come find us OR you can find the body" is a bit of gibberish when juxtaposed against the meaning of the other phrases in the subtitles.

I felt like the set the darkness free and she'll be gone by the morning are switched, surely the "come find us" sounds more distinguishable then the rest.
It is actually possible that Eric Smith had translated the text from japanese but then the text had more modification in order to follow the melody since it's a song.
I didn't take this video for granted at start but the complete removal of Eric Smith tweet made me think that there was something true in his words...
my channel @
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqYrC0E8FEX5J5nWf-ttIAQ

User Info: zeldaha

zeldaha
1 month ago#4
Siddhart4 posted...
TheAntiZealot posted...

I felt like the set the darkness free and she'll be gone by the morning are switched, surely the "come find us" sounds more distinguishable then the rest.
It is actually possible that Eric Smith had translated the text from japanese but then the text had more modification in order to follow the melody since it's a song.
I didn't take this video for granted at start but the complete removal of Eric Smith tweet made me think that there was something true in his words...

Stupid question maybe but did exactly the same trailer "aired" on Japan sites ?

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
1 month ago#5
Hmm. I'll take this with a grain of salt for now. Could be accurate, could be wishful thinking.

Though if it is true, it sounds like something is going to happen to Zelda and Link, once again, will have to save her. Kind of dashes people's hopes that Zelda will be playable in some fashion this time.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 month ago#6
tldw
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 month ago#7
Paul is dead
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
1 month ago#8
Rustykranz posted...
tldw

Come find us or you can find the body.
Come find us or he'll feast by the morning.
Come find us or he'll set the darkness free.
Come find us or she'll be gone by the morning.
Come find us or she'll be gone.

The "he" is likely Mummy Ganondorf. The "she" is likely Zelda. If that's the case, like I said before, it'll be unlikely then Zelda will be playable in any capacity. Mummydorf will awaken and take Zelda and the castle off to...somewhere.

User Info: TheAntiZealot

TheAntiZealot
1 month ago#9
@LordTrinen

The reason I didn't quote it is because reading it here, without the audio, casts an illusion of accuracy.

They had an interpreter, who had insider knowledge, and modified the audio in order to create this and it still barely matches up.

My ears tell me that it's more likely that it is one phrase being repeated than four different ones with only the first four syllables being repeated. I think all seven syllables are repeated.

The most obvious mismatch is "or she'll be gone by THE morning."

That said, the words apart from the audio are pretty interesting.
TAZ
"It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." -Xtreme65
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 month ago#10
LordTrinen posted...
Rustykranz posted...
tldw

Come find us or you can find the body.
Come find us or he'll feast by the morning.
Come find us or he'll set the darkness free.
Come find us or she'll be gone by the morning.
Come find us or she'll be gone.

The "he" is likely Mummy Ganondorf. The "she" is likely Zelda. If that's the case, like I said before, it'll be unlikely then Zelda will be playable in any capacity. Mummydorf will awaken and take Zelda and the castle off to...somewhere.

tldr
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever
  • Post New Message