You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Hyrule Warriors fits into the Zelda Timeline as canon, with Breath of the Wild!

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
2 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2DMiZ1e574

A Zelda-themed Dynasty Warriors game couldn't possibly be canon to the entire Zelda Timeline by Nintendo though, right? Think again... it's not the first time (so to speak) that the timeline was changed by Nintendo.

With this video, you will see all the evidence that points to and proves how Hyrule Warriors both corrects and confirms the Zelda Timeline as whole, all of which leads to Breath of the Wild.

Warning: Your brain may feel sore after 22 minutes.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: Samaellives91

Samaellives91
2 weeks ago#2
Lol Game Theory.
I wish there was a way of saying "I hate everyone" without being an edgy edgelord.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4
2 weeks ago#3
Samaellives91 posted...
Lol Game Theory.

Lol you.

Seriously though, it's always stated it's just a theory, and all that. Still, you can't deny (or accept, if you're stingy enough) the stuff shown off.
I wish I could control all the elements of the world... then I wouldn't need a job.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
2 weeks ago#4
Game Theory is all about stretching the limits of sane reasoning to reach far-fetched fallacies.
I wouldn't put too much stock into those videos. The guy does not dictate what is canon and what is not.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: MrNintendo

MrNintendo
2 weeks ago#5
There are things I like about this, and I agreed with a few before he posted it.

Hyrule Warriors would and should be child timeline. Twilight Princess is treated as history while Wind Waker is treated as another dimension.

I also liked how he dissed Four Swords Adventure from a lore perspective, because that game should be dissed from a lore perspective and is why if I made my own timeline, Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventure would be it's own separate thing

However, there are flaws

There are inconsistencies of when the portals are supposed to take place, especially the Twilight and Skyward era. This is what makes the game more believable non-canon. If Hyrule Warriors is canon, does Zant get defeated twice? It's odd.

He seems to imply that the time periods stuck around and is why Breath of The Wild has elements of all of them.... But they don't. Maybe I can believe some Rito left Dragon Roost and became the Rito we see in BOTW, and explains why Medli has a Devine Beast named after her, but the rock salt? Death Mountains placement? They should have all been sent back with portal.

But I do like the idea of it, and the games are inconsistent enough anyway that it could work. And I like the idea of Warriors being child timeline.

And as pointed out, the timeline is pretty much what you want it to be, the official one isn't set in stone
Skull Kids biggest supporter for Smash Ultimate!
Switch Friend code SW-1447-3440-8035 (KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
2 weeks ago#6
No. I refuse to believe that any of the story elements of Hyrule Warriors could ever be canon to the series. Even if Aonuma himself came up to me and said “HW is canon” I’d refuse to believe it.

Why, you might ask? It’s quite simple: the story and characters are baaaaaaad. There isn’t a single decent OC in the game, and the story is painfully derivative. Like, sure, Zelda stories aren’t known for being great, but I look at it like Star Wars: even if most of the stories are merely good, there are a few that are just plain awful (looking at you, AotC and Rogue One).

Tl;Dr: no.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 weeks ago#7
You think Rogue One's story is awful? The f*** outta here with that load of T-Rex s***
Marin's guardian

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
2 weeks ago#8
nurlen posted...
You think Rogue One's story is awful? The f*** outta here with that load of T-Rex s***

It’s a story that no one asked to be told, told in the worst possible way (a gruelingly slow first half followed by rapid fire action in the second half). Plus, “there’s a weakness because I put it there” is such cliche bulls***. Pretty much the only good parts of the movie were when Vader was on screen.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 weeks ago#9
Sure it's Canon, they're in the same multiverse.
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great game creators are who make great games, not companies

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 weeks ago#10
Thrasher7170 posted...
nurlen posted...

It’s a story that no one asked to be told, told in the worst possible way (a gruelingly slow first half followed by rapid fire action in the second half). Plus, “there’s a weakness because I put it there” is such cliche bulls***. Pretty much the only good parts of the movie were when Vader was on screen.

Another example of black and white extremism from Thrasher...you'd make a great cult leader. Nothing but love boners and hate boners
Marin's guardian
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Hyrule Warriors fits into the Zelda Timeline as canon, with Breath of the Wild!