• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. BotW 2 better keep weapon durability, but...

User Info: GetPhiledIn

GetPhiledIn
4 months ago#1
Add a blacksmith so I can have him fix weapons at the cost of just rupees. Also for an added fee of materials he can upgrade weapons to have modifiers or change form. That was one of my favorite things from Skyward Sword.
3DS FC: 2492-4190-3529

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
4 months ago#2
i too like tedious weapon maintenance
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: 0sinium

0sinium
4 months ago#3
DiogenesKC posted...
i too like tedious weapon maintenance

You could just let the weapon stay broken if you don’t want to bother with blacksmiths.
I can't believe I can't spell Osmium right.

User Info: inulvr61998

inulvr61998
4 months ago#4
That actually seems like a cool idea. Maybe it could be like a Skyrim system to an extent. You can either make your own weapons, or like you said, bring the needed materials to improve and/or fix weapons you have. And maybe we could do the same thing with clothing— a smith could improve clothing a couple levels with the Great Fairies improving them further.
Switch FC: SW-1397-1887-5683

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
4 months ago#5
inulvr61998 posted...
That actually seems like a cool idea. Maybe it could be like a Skyrim system to an extent. You can either make your own weapons, or like you said, bring the needed materials to improve and/or fix weapons you have. And maybe we could do the same thing with clothing— a smith could improve clothing a couple levels with the Great Fairies improving them further.

Yes.

Approval cat approves.
Yunobo reminds me of me: A nerd who most people on the internet hate, but a few don't.
When Link has ancient arrows the Guardians hear their own theme music.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: GullenOrvar

GullenOrvar
4 months ago#6
I have a better idea. Eliminate the "badly damaged" three-swings-left warning. Obviously kids are too easily attached to a disposable and respawnable digital weapon. Breaking without warning would build some character!
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: kaioideiye

kaioideiye
4 months ago#7
Maybe a consumable item that gauges how much damage your weapon has taken. Another consumable to restore your weapon. Three tiers of each lower, mid and high. 10 Crafting materials to create each consumable.

User Info: mecha_mkII

mecha_mkII
4 months ago#8
Can we just have our Diablo-like Zelda game already? That way we can have durability/repairing, as well as the FUN of going for that epic gear. Neverending fun!

User Info: GetPhiledIn

GetPhiledIn
4 months ago#9
kaioideiye posted...
Maybe a consumable item that gauges how much damage your weapon has taken. Another consumable to restore your weapon. Three tiers of each lower, mid and high. 10 Crafting materials to create each consumable.

I'd rather just a bar gauge that shows how much durability on each weapon. I hate not knowing if I should drop a weapon I've been using to pick up another. Only to have it break 2 seconds later.
3DS FC: 2492-4190-3529

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 months ago#10
Let's swap out a useless boring 5 second annoyance with a useless boring 5 minute annoyance. Perfect.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. BotW 2 better keep weapon durability, but...
  • Post New Message