• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Eventide Island fix for when orb drops off mountain

User Info: L621

L621
1 year ago#1
This is a topic for anyone else who needs help with this in the future... After a long time of playing on eventide island I dropped the stupid ball /orb off the top of the mountain. I messed with it for about half an hour before looking online for solutions. I saved this suggestion for last and it's the only one that worked...

Get the ball to reset by getting it away from the island: Stasis the orb and knock it far off the island. Use the ice pillars to get out to it and another to lift it out of the water. Stasis and knock it away again. You need it to be far enough out that you can't swim to it without getting the message asking if you want to reset the challenge (be careful not to say yes here). You'll be put back on the island to continue. Then go away from the area where you knocked the ball.

It took maybe 15-20 minutes of me running around the island and checking every now and then for the orb to finally reset to the platform on top of the mountain. Overall still less time than it would have taken me to start over (I came in not knowing what it was and with pretty low hearts).

I knocked it away from the island close to the mountain it fell from. In hindsight I should have probably gone as far as could from the orb's spawn point to start knocking it away. It might have respawned sooner?

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 year ago#2
Jeeze, id just rather restart.
Botw board town drunk now and forever

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 year ago#3
Where did it fall off to?
If it's anywhere in the water, I would do that
Use the ice pillars to get out to it and another to lift it out of the water. Stasis and knock it away again.
but to bring it back to land instead of forcing a reset.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 year ago#4
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Use the ice pillars to get out to it and another to lift it out of the water. Stasis and knock it away again.

Ever tried getting it up the mountain? Doesn't sound like you have.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 year ago#5
honiberri posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...

Can't say I have, because there's really no point in touching the orb until everyone in the camp is dead, and the cliff edges are pretty far from the orb to begin with.

With that said, can't you stasis launch the orb from the other camp (the one above the Hinox where another orb slot is)? There's a few Octoroks around the island too, so maybe there's some tricks to be done with Octo Ballons too.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: L621

L621
1 year ago#6
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
honiberri posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...

Can't say I have, because there's really no point in touching the orb until everyone in the camp is dead, and the cliff edges are pretty far from the orb to begin with.

With that said, can't you stasis launch the orb from the other camp (the one above the Hinox where another orb slot is)? There's a few Octoroks around the island too, so maybe there's some tricks to be done with Octo Ballons too.

It didn't fall into the water, just off the side onto the land below. I tried the balloons (hard to get with limited arrows, but I tried with what I had) and tried finding a path back up the mountain carrying it, which someone said you can find by throwing the orb in the right places, but that would have been a huge hassle. I'm sure you can stasis it and hit it up there from the other mountain also, but I didn't try that. I don't know how well my aim would have been.

This was by far the easiest and fastest, imo. Like I said, it definitely would have taken longer and been a lot more work for me to reset for the amount of hearts I had. Plus I'd had a blood moon halfway through already and was over it. I only had to stasis and hit the orb twice (once from the island and once from the water) and if you're good with the pillars you can get out to it really fast for the second hit.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Eventide Island fix for when orb drops off mountain
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A