• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I hope the next game will be the Majora's Mask to this game's Ocarina of Time...

User Info: HylianFox

HylianFox
1 month ago#1
What I hope for most in this game's sequel is that they not only have the huge, open world, but also include more intimate sidequests like Majora's Mask had. Maybe even shake up the formula a little.

In that game, by reliving the same three days over and over you really got to know the NPCs routines and daily lives, and it actually gave you a reason to give a s*** about helping them.

Sadly, in BotW most sidequests are boring "get X for Y person" filler and are mostly there to pad out the game. Also doesn't help that 90% of the NPCs are cookie-cutter with no personality.
I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FUH-LAMING! - Homer Simpson
Don't be a turd. - Chris Pratt

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 month ago#2
I agree, though I do enjoy the NPC personalities in the game. I seem to be one of the few. I never saw the sidequests as a means to an end, so much as interacting with the denizens of Hyrule. I thought they were well written, and for the most part, I didn't help them for a reward so much as I liked interacting with them.

On the flip side, having tangible effects on the world's people (which happened very little in BotW) would be fantastic to see.

User Info: GullenOrvar

GullenOrvar
1 month ago#3
I wish I could enjoy MM. The world looks really cool. (Put it down in Ikana a couple months ago and picked up BOTW again, now on SS.)

But for me the three day deal is more like, "I ALREADY DID THIS ONCE FOR YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL MOOK!"

User Info: Pink_Moonlight

Pink_Moonlight
1 month ago#4
Bring the darkness of majoras mask into a new overworld (the one Zelda was talking about expanding through) and Zelda getting kidnapped by that lands monster (Mario like I know) but the monster actually just wants Link to collect a bunch of things for him (masks or something else like that) because he can’t get to them and/or everyone is too scared of him. You get masks from NPCs and dungeons, and some from shrines. With the game being so dark, having a lighthearted boss at the end will lighten up

User Info: Vados

Vados
1 month ago#5
HylianFox posted...
Sadly, in BotW most sidequests are boring "get X for Y person" filler and are mostly there to pad out the game.

It's literally the exact same for MM though. When the game doesn't make you repeat mini games over and over again, it just gives you a list of chores...and those chores are mostly just to talk to someone at a specific point in time.
As far as the personality of the NPCs goes, both games are also the same. Ever since Link's Awakening each Zelda game had quirky and goofy NPCs to give the world more charme.

Anyways, I would disagree. I want the next game to be the AlttP to this game's Zelda 1. You'd have a direct upgrade. More enemies, better combat, better dungeons etc.. MM was imo just OoT with a somewhat annoying gimmick and too much fluff, which made the game overall less fun.

User Info: guy12345

guy12345
1 month ago#6
You mean a rushed, short, vastly inferior version of the original? And for good measure throw in a timer so you take away the fun and exploration of Zelda games? No, I hope they take what's good from BOTW and improve on it. That would be the opposite of MM

User Info: jw91

jw91
1 month ago#7
guy12345 posted...
You mean a rushed, short, vastly inferior version of the original? And for good measure throw in a timer so you take away the fun and exploration of Zelda games? No, I hope they take what's good from BOTW and improve on it. That would be the opposite of MM

Majora's Mask is better than OoT. It shouldn't have been, and most people didn't see it at the time. But it was.

User Info: hyliangoron

hyliangoron
1 month ago#8
Maybe have it be the just before botw and has 2 endings
1 link dies at the end and thus botw comes next
or 2 link survives and defeats Gannon like he always has before (unless you go by downfall)
Seems fitting enough mm takes place directly after oot and is and is 1 of 3 possible routes/endings
this hypothetical game could do the same only it's just before botw instead of after it
frequently editing my posts

User Info: Chadawah

Chadawah
1 month ago#9
Beautiful landscape, but creepy atmosphere. Maybe they could use those creepy botw concept gaurdian designs. Just please more enemy variety.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I hope the next game will be the Majora's Mask to this game's Ocarina of Time...
  • Topic Archived