• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How would you do the next 3D Zelda?

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 month ago#41
I would put Link in a completely different world to Hyrule with mostly all brand new characters and races. Id cut the world size down about 20-30% compared to BOTWs. The main questline would be linear but otherwise youre free to explore as far as you can. Lots of in depth side quests and id replace Shrines with more natural discoveries like caves and other landmarks. Youd start out the game as Young Link and eventually be an Adult later, the world will change after the time skip. There would be 4 small dungeons as the intro phase and then 8 more huge dungeons are revealed to catch you off guard that take like 2 hours with mini bosses. So yes, 12 glorious dungeons. Your companion would be a fairy. Huge emphasis on music and atmosphere, it would be dark and edgy like MM and TP since its been too long. Youd get some awesome instrument that Link plays and is implemented into puzzles. Loftwing Mounts. And there you go, I just gave everyone the blueprint for the best Zelda ever.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 month ago#42
Forest_Temple posted...
I would put Link in a completely different world to Hyrule with mostly all brand new characters and races. Id cut the world size down about 20-30% compared to BOTWs. The main questline would be linear but otherwise youre free to explore as far as you can. Lots of in depth side quests and id replace Shrines with more natural discoveries like caves and other landmarks. Youd start out the game as Young Link and eventually be an Adult later, the world will change after the time skip. There would be 4 small dungeons as the intro phase and then 8 more huge dungeons are revealed to catch you off guard that take like 2 hours with mini bosses. So yes, 12 glorious dungeons. Your companion would be a fairy. Huge emphasis on music and atmosphere, it would be dark and edgy like MM and TP since its been too long. Youd get some awesome instrument that Link plays and is implemented into puzzles. Loftwing Mounts. And there you go, I just gave everyone the blueprint for the best Zelda ever.

Another OoT...........
Marin's guardian

User Info: wiiking96

wiiking96
1 month ago#43
Forest_Temple posted...
And there you go, I just gave everyone the blueprint for the best Zelda ever.

Sorry, buddy. But I don't think you understand game design very well.
The fight for Net Neutrality is still not over!
If you care about the modern state of the internet, then please take action to protect Net Neutrality!

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#44
nurlen posted...
Forest_Temple posted...

Another OoT...........

Another Zelda. And not some generic open world garbage.
(message deleted)

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 month ago#46
wiiking96 posted...
Forest_Temple posted...
And there you go, I just gave everyone the blueprint for the best Zelda ever.

Sorry, buddy. But I don't think you understand game design very well.

I dont honestly.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 month ago#47
I like how the pendulum swings with Zelda games. I'd likely focus on something more linear. I like the idea above of a remake of Zelda 2. Not just in 3D, but take it as a design skeleton and flesh it out immensely. I'd tinker with little things like make it so you can upgrade whenever you want instead of when you hit correct thresholds (this would also help make it obvious you don't have to level up the cheapest ones). With 3D models it would be easier to flesh out the range of attacks allowed to both Link and enemies. The bosses were fun, but there's definitely room for more depth in the fights.

If not a remake, I've heard that SS is technically the second Link, and so I'd explore who and what the first Link was. This is especially nice if I'm supposed to continue the open world theme and mirrors BotW in a way that could help the overarching timeline/story.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: wpninja

wpninja
1 month ago#48
Since Nintendo loves doing crazy odd themes why not make an Arabian night version of Zelda?

Zelda is obviously the royal princess and Link being a street bum/pick pocket at start. ganondorf is Leader of a group of evil bandits riding horses labeling him the king of thieves but in his ambition he heard there is a truly sacred treasure unsteal-able by man. But in searching out this treasure he finds out the treasure itself is Demise who has been sealed for thousands of years and merges his powers and self into Ganondorf making hm the all powerful evil entity we know him as and soo the adventure begins.
No Time 2 Sex, Must Fight Evil!

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 month ago#49
wpninja posted...
Since Nintendo loves doing crazy odd themes why not make an Arabian night version of Zelda?

Zelda is obviously the royal princess and Link being a street bum/pick pocket at start. ganondorf is Leader of a group of evil bandits riding horses labeling him the king of thieves but in his ambition he heard there is a truly sacred treasure unsteal-able by man. But in searching out this treasure he finds out the treasure itself is Demise who has been sealed for thousands of years and merges his powers and self into Ganondorf making hm the all powerful evil entity we know him as and soo the adventure begins.

Dress Zelda like Princess Jasmine and I'm sold
Marin's guardian
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How would you do the next 3D Zelda?
  • Topic Archived