• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How would you do the next 3D Zelda?

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
1 month ago#1
Personally I'd take this Hyrule, move it around a bit, and build onto it. Make it a full on living Kingdom again. It would still have the "You can do anything, or nothing, but the more you do the game is easier" thing BOTW had.

As for hopeful improvements:

Lessen the buffs created by food. Cooldowns are greater, Yellow hearts reduce over time etc. Some buffs in botw are too good.

Food can do more if you get creative with recipes. eg, Revali's gale sends you 20% higher for one use, Climbing is faster for a while etc.

Better weapons last considerably longer. Keep crap ones the same, you want an incentive to upgrade.

Magic Meter. You can get spells that do varying things throughout the game to help you navigate or fight enemies.

Less Koroks. Reduce whatever their equivalent is to 400 for inventory. Make up the rest with Heart Pieces, Stamina pieces and magic containers, hidden in over-world puzzles in the normal way.

Use the new reward slot in Shrines (or whatever they're turned into for this game) to give new optional abilities for Link. Some you get spells or upgrades to them, some you get new rune upgrades, some you get special weapons or armor.

Shrine interiors are randomized for each new save (Except perhaps the tutorial ones) so there is a bit of difference in gameplay if you play again.

8 or more traditional dungeons, each with a traditional dungeon item that is required to beat it. Outside of dungeons they are quality of life upgrades for navigating the overworld (Hookshot interacts with any thing made of wood for example). If they can be used as weapons, they are low-mid but unbreakable.

Master challenges that go all out on difficulty (Think Zelda 2 or harder). Completing them gives you a top tier (Minus perhaps a couple of better breakable ones to keep some incentive to collect weapons) weapon of each type that cannot break.

Final Boss is also this difficulty or higher if you just go in at the beginning, but designed to be damaged by many of the upgrades you can get. If you get everything required, he's medium difficulty.
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins

User Info: tldr

tldr
1 month ago#2
Wall of txt!! Tldr!!
tldr

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 month ago#3
You know what is really awesome? You're not in charge of making the next Zelda.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.

User Info: SS2Matt

SS2Matt
1 month ago#4
honiberri posted...
You know what is really awesome? You're not in charge of making the next Zelda.

Not yet >:)
"You truly are the Lord of the Rings" - Frildo Boggins
(message deleted)

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 month ago#6
SS2Matt posted...
Magic Meter. You can get spells that do varying things throughout the game to help you navigate or fight enemies.
so, runes.
Less Koroks. Reduce whatever their equivalent is to 400 for inventory. Make up the rest with Heart Pieces, Stamina pieces and magic containers, hidden in over-world puzzles in the normal way.
the reason there's so many koroks is so you can find enough to upgrade your inventory without needing to scour every inch of the world to find every last one. if you're reducing the number of them and replacing them with more important upgrades you're making the whole thing much more of a nightmare.

anyway there's a lot to chew on regarding 3d zelda design thanks to botw upending a lot of base assumptions but i'm not in the mood to do a deep dive into that right now so i'll just say one thing i'd want to see: dungeons that are built into the overworld organically. hyrule castle comes close, but there's not enough structure to it if it's going to be a recurring game-wide element rather than the game's final objective. instead of dungeons being sectioned off from the overworld and further sectioned off into separate rooms, take the open, organic exploration that hyrule castle supported and build some objectives and locked areas into it. something like activating the terminals in the divine beasts would be a good start; give the player a few goals in the dungeon and have them figure out how to get to/accomplish them.
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 month ago#7
SS2Matt posted...

Am I reading this wrong or do you suggest we hide 500 heart pieces/stamina vessels/magic containers in Hyrule?
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 month ago#8
With polygons through a proper game development software.
I know that wasn't the question's meaning.

Crudelitas posted...
Am I reading this wrong or do you suggest we hide 500 heart pieces/stamina vessels/magic containers in Hyrule?

Stop right there. Don't give anyone bad ideas like that.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: warrior9999

warrior9999
1 month ago#9
Remake zelda 2 in 3d with a similar engine as botw. I'm telling you, there is a lot of potential there. Plus zelda 2 has a huge overworld and includes the area of zelda 1.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 month ago#10
I would make it more difficult.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How would you do the next 3D Zelda?
  • Topic Archived