• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Pink_Moonlight

Pink_Moonlight
1 month ago#1
So what are some of your guys favorite maps and domains/towns (give a specific game) from the Zelda games? For me I love the ALTTP map and the Kokiri forest.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 month ago#2
I like Termina’s map and how the four regions are set up like a compass, with Clock Town at the center of it all. Which is perfect, since the Clock Tower is central to the game.

Unpopular opinion: I like Skyloft. I thought the bazaar was a cool idea. Good music too.
Number of accounts tldr'd to death: 4

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 month ago#3
Favorite map...LA. They made amazing use of what they had to work with. Could have even fit more in and made the raft game smaller.

Favorite domain...the entire Gerudo Desert in OoT will always be tops for me. BotW's Gerudo Desert was quite well done too.
Marin's guardian

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 month ago#4
clock town is a great one. densely packed with interesting and well-realized characters, with a festive atmosphere straining to hide the worry and panic underneath.

the ocean in ww is one of my favorite full-overworld maps. it's kind of the opposite of clock town, huge and sparsely populated, but, well, that's the ocean, right? i get that it can be a drag if you're trying to get somewhere fast but personally I think it absolutely nailed the atmosphere of being alone in the empty ocean without being too annoying to actually travel (mostly because you can just point yourself in the right direction and wait if you want, instead of needing to constantly maintain your motion).

the great plateau is a perfect microcosm of botw's overworld as a whole, with tons of little things to find and experiment with as you're learning the game's mechanics. by far the best tutorial section of any zelda, and i like how the champion's ballad brought you back to it in a way that shows how you've grown since you first woke up there.
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Master Of Majora

Master Of Majora
1 month ago#5
DiogenesKC posted...
The great plateau is a perfect microcosm of BotW's overworld as a whole, with tons of little things to find and experiment with as you're learning the game's mechanics. By far the best tutorial section of any Zelda /.../

All this. Couldn't have said it better myself.
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.
  • Topic Archived