• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda fans: "Skyward Sword was awful! Worst Zelda ever!"

User Info: Drunkie

Drunkie
1 month ago#101
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
SS was a complete borefest and I pity the fool who wants a remake of it.

This topic is a complete s***fest and I pity the fool who bumps it.

You and the other user just bumped it 3 times, as well as I with this post. SS is not the worst...
Drunkie

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
1 month ago#102
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
SS was a complete borefest and I pity the fool who wants a remake of it.

This topic is a complete s***fest and I pity the fool who bumps it.

I like your sig, specifically the second sentence.

Thanks,

But please let the topic die

Why do you keep bumping it then?
385, never forget.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 month ago#103
Bump.

That's what we're doing here, right?
Marin's guardian

User Info: kiya46107

kiya46107
1 month ago#104
Odd, I thought Wind Waker was considered the worst.
Also, wasn't Skyward Sword meant to show off the Wii's motion controls?
How would you translate that to the handheld mode?

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 month ago#105
kiya46107 posted...
How would you translate that to the handheld mode?

That's the thing. People are wishing for a version without any motion controls. Which I think is stupid considering it's so central to the gameplay.

Odd, I thought Wind Waker was considered the worst.

Welcome to the Zelda cycle, where mindless hatred and inconditional love each gets their turn on every Zelda entry ever created.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
1 month ago#106
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
That's the thing. People are wishing for a version without any motion controls. Which I think is stupid considering it's so central to the gameplay.

I know you can't speak for everyone ... but when you posit that doing this is not really possible because "motion controls are so central to the gameplay" ... Are you saying that you feel the game wouldn't be the same if it didn't have motion controls? Or are you saying that it would be really, really hard to keep the game the same (ie: directional sword play) without motion controls?

If you mean the latter, then I agree it would be very hard to do, but still can be done. I think it would be interesting to say the least, if they did ... and, more interesting would be the opinions of those who hated it simply because of motion controls ... I mean, would they like it now? Or would they still complain about it due to some other aspect of the game.

Full disclosure, I really enjoyed SS, despite my near hatred of Fi, and how ridiculously hand-holdy it is. I have played through it many times, and other than getting past the opening tutorial, I really like it. The side quests are rather boring, I admit ... but the central plot/theme of the game was more than enough to keep my attention. And, I seem to be one of the few that didn't really have issues with the motion controls. Re-Calibrating was a pain in the butt at times ... but other than that, they worked more than well enough for me.

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 month ago#107
wiggum posted...
If you mean the latter, then I agree it would be very hard to do, but still can be done.

Transposing this to joystick movement (or even worse, minigame-type combat for each encounter) would most likely feel clunky and overly gimmicky. Like, even more so than how people are making it sound already. The movement would then really feel shoehorned and not that great of a fit. The motions are part of the identity of the game too, so IMO the game would lose a lot of its appeal by going "mainstream" with more conventional controls. That's what makes the game stands out from all the others, don't go and remove that!

With that said, a 1:1 remaster of SS is in the realm of possibility. They have the technology on the Switch. It's just a matter of them actually doing it.

Also, people who are "waving their arms like idiots" are definitely doing it wrong. Across my entire gaming experience on Wii onward, I never once had to wave my arm in wide arcs to get stuff done. Of course, you can if you want to, but it's tiring and highly inefficient. It's just really sad to hear about people who automatically nope at an otherwise good game just because of a slightly different control scheme, with no attempt to at least try it out first. Some really have trouble with adapting to change.

Re-Calibrating was a pain in the butt at times ... but other than that, they worked more than well enough for me.

I don't think I ever re-calibrated except at the start of a new gaming session. Whenever the cursor drifted out of position, I just adjusted my stance accordingly and kept going. It worked out pretty well for me too.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda fans: "Skyward Sword was awful! Worst Zelda ever!"
  • Topic Archived