You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda Timeline (possible spoilers)

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#21
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
DragonAtma posted...
It's ten thousand years in the future; Nintendo may simply decide that the three branches recombine -- either during or before this game -- and, therefore, end all three timelines with Ganon's final, ultimate defeat in BotW.

From my understanding, they only resealed him in BotW. But I do agree it looked like a nuke. A holy nuke.

I hope they never stop making Zelda games but if they do, I hope they go all out and find a way to break the curse and kill Ganon once and for all

They could still make Zelda games without Ganon still. A "greater threat" or one-off villains can still be a thing... Or they can just make prequels XD
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Pink_Moonlight

Pink_Moonlight
1 week ago#22
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
DragonAtma posted...
It's ten thousand years in the future; Nintendo may simply decide that the three branches recombine -- either during or before this game -- and, therefore, end all three timelines with Ganon's final, ultimate defeat in BotW.

From my understanding, they only resealed him in BotW. But I do agree it looked like a nuke. A holy nuke.

I hope they never stop making Zelda games but if they do, I hope they go all out and find a way to break the curse and kill Ganon once and for all

They could still make Zelda games without Ganon still. A "greater threat" or one-off villains can still be a thing... Or they can just make prequels XD

Bring Vati back 20whenever

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#23
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
DragonAtma posted...

Vaati in 3D would look awesome.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

Pink_Moonlight
1 week ago#24
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
DragonAtma posted...

Absolutely, not sure how I’d feel about playing four Links in 3D though

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#25
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
DragonAtma posted...

Absolutely, not sure how I’d feel about playing four Links in 3D though

I think there could be a way to do it, but actual puzzles around the Links formation might be difficult with the standard 3rd person view.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: domranguay

domranguay
1 week ago#26
Pink_Moonlight posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
If they didn’t merge the timelines, then BotW is almost certainly a Downfall timeline game. Not only does it fit thematically, it references events from earlier games in the series that could only happen in the Adult or Downfall timelines, and BotW cannot be in the Adult.

I was thinking earlier cause you and DarkGhost also said the downfall timeline and it makes sense. In Adventure of Link, they prevented the reincarnation of Ganon which would’ve left the 10,000 year gap as they put it. With his reincarnation being prevented he was like “well f*** what do I do now” and festered for 10,000 years till he was like “showtime boys”

The 10,000 year gap is from the last time Ganon successfully returned. The timeline would be:

- AoL
- Unknown amount of time passes, during which Ganon returns and is defeated an unknown number of times, becoming "Calamity Ganon". The Sheikah develop their technology and create the Divine Beasts in preparation for Ganon's next return
- Ganon returns, is defeated by Divine Beasts, Guardians, Link and Zelda.
- 10,000 years pass, during which the Hylians become fearful of the Sheikah tech and somehow make them get rid of it (some weren't happy about this and formed the Yiga clan). The Sheikah tech is almost completely forgotten about.
- Sheikah tech is rediscovered while preparing for Ganon's return, champions chosen for Divine Beasts etc.
- Ganon didn't fall for the same trick twice
- 100 years pass
- Link wakes up in the resurrection chamber

Pink_Moonlight
1 week ago#27
domranguay posted...
Pink_Moonlight posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
If they didn’t merge the timelines, then BotW is almost certainly a Downfall timeline game. Not only does it fit thematically, it references events from earlier games in the series that could only happen in the Adult or Downfall timelines, and BotW cannot be in the Adult.

I was thinking earlier cause you and DarkGhost also said the downfall timeline and it makes sense. In Adventure of Link, they prevented the reincarnation of Ganon which would’ve left the 10,000 year gap as they put it. With his reincarnation being prevented he was like “well f*** what do I do now” and festered for 10,000 years till he was like “showtime boys”

The 10,000 year gap is from the last time Ganon successfully returned. The timeline would be:

- AoL
- Unknown amount of time passes, during which Ganon returns and is defeated an unknown number of times, becoming "Calamity Ganon". The Sheikah develop their technology and create the Divine Beasts in preparation for Ganon's next return
- Ganon returns, is defeated by Divine Beasts, Guardians, Link and Zelda.
- 10,000 years pass, during which the Hylians become fearful of the Sheikah tech and somehow make them get rid of it (some weren't happy about this and formed the Yiga clan). The Sheikah tech is almost completely forgotten about.
- Sheikah tech is rediscovered while preparing for Ganon's return, champions chosen for Divine Beasts etc.
- Ganon didn't fall for the same trick twice
- 100 years pass
- Link wakes up in the resurrection chamber

Throwback to Dorian being a part of the Yiga Clan and when he left they murdered his wife. That quest was dark and F’d up. Link should’ve ratted him out to Impa. I can never talk to his two kids the same way.

Pink_Moonlight
1 week ago#28
It would be cool to instead of having four Links, having just one and for each puzzle switch to the Link that is needed. So, if you have to be blue Link for a certain puzzle, just switch tunics or something.

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#29
Pink_Moonlight posted...
It would be cool to instead of having four Links, having just one and for each puzzle switch to the Link that is needed. So, if you have to be blue Link for a certain puzzle, just switch tunics or something.

That would just be the masks from MM again, but with tunics...
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

Pink_Moonlight
1 week ago#30
I wrote that at 2AM, I don’t even know what I was trying to talk about
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Zelda Timeline (possible spoilers)