You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should the next Zelda look photo realistic?

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#11
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
For the love of god, no. BotW got the perfect balance between realism and stylization, and it’s absolutely lovely. “Photorealistic” games become outdated the moment they’re released, and will never look as good as a stylized game even a year later.

So.... God of War for the PS4 will look like trash in a few years?

Definitely. There’s no doubt about it. More and more games will release with even higher “realism,” and God of War will look uncanny in comparison.

Well, I don't care. But I also know for sure, that Nintendo would never choose such an art style for Zelda. Just imagine Link to look as detailed as Kratos, funny isn't it?

That’s a good thing. It means that Zelda games will continue to look amazing down the line.

Edit: you have a lot of s***ty opinions, Zeldameister, but this might be one of your worst yet.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zeldameister

Zeldameister
1 week ago#12
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
For the love of god, no. BotW got the perfect balance between realism and stylization, and it’s absolutely lovely. “Photorealistic” games become outdated the moment they’re released, and will never look as good as a stylized game even a year later.

Definitely. There’s no doubt about it. More and more games will release with even higher “realism,” and God of War will look uncanny in comparison.

Well, I don't care. But I also know for sure, that Nintendo would never choose such an art style for Zelda. Just imagine Link to look as detailed as Kratos, funny isn't it?

That’s a good thing. It means that Zelda games will continue to look amazing down the line.

Edit: you have a lot of s***ty opinions, Zeldameister, but this might be one of your worst yet.

Except that Skyward Sword never looked amazing, it still looks ugly. Even Ocarina of Time 3D looks better!
#Sora4Smash #Banjo4Smash #Lloyd4Smash

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#13
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

Except that Skyward Sword never looked amazing, it still looks ugly. Even Ocarina of Time 3D looks better!

What are you talking about? SS looks great. It needs to be upscaled to get the best quality, but the artstyle is fantastic.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: Zeldameister

Zeldameister
1 week ago#14
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

What are you talking about? SS looks great. It needs to be upscaled to get the best quality, but the artstyle is fantastic.

Nope, the artstyle looks like if Wind Waker and Twilight Princess had a baby. This game has the worst Princess Zelda design out of all games, and she isn't even a princess!
#Sora4Smash #Banjo4Smash #Lloyd4Smash

User Info: Zero280

Zero280
1 week ago#15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvM1A_uHuI

something like this
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000

User Info: Valsparis

Valsparis
1 week ago#16
Na realistic takes away from the beauty of the Zelda series. They've constantly pushed the envelope with their designs. And playing from nes up to the switch the series has only gotten more beautiful. Minus skyward. Even the cartoonish feel of wind waker surprised a lot of players. When you first start your iffy but the more you play you end up find unique details that just cant happen with realism.

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#17
Anything, even if I hate it, as long as they just stick with a damn style already.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#18
Ewwwww photo realism
OOTs Forest Temple is my favorite Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.

User Info: Second_Seraph

Second_Seraph
1 week ago#19
Zero280 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvM1A_uHuI

something like this

That's not photo realism. That's just... BotW level art. It's not the same, mind you, but it's about the same level of detail.

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 week ago#20
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
Zeldameister posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

It would if it were less claymation-y.
Zelda rescues the princess from Gannon with the Hylian Sword and the Master Shield, and the spells Din's Love, Farore's Fire, and Nayru's Wind.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should the next Zelda look photo realistic?