You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Making a 2d zelda into a 3d zelda

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#21
Thrasher7170 posted...
I don't want a remade 2D game, but I definitely want the Minish mechanic of MC to come back. Especially if climbing was implemented. Imagine shrinking down in a house and having to climb the spines of books to reach a new area.

Oooh, that's an interesting combination...
How come have I never thought of that?!
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: Mecurisu

Mecurisu
1 week ago#22
Link to the past matching the size of botw
Games currently playing
Warframe, Stardew Vally
I once had a dream about some sort of Minish Cap prequel/sequel with BotW's gameplay and world scale. I was in a forest at minish size, and it had pretty epic lighting & godrays jetting through the leaves of the trees. Giants were throwing boulders and threatening the minish village and whatnot.

Yknow what, I'll just paste this from my dream diary, I write those down sometimes, especially interesting ones.

June 13th, 2018 - 3:00 A.M. - 6:51 A.M.

"I had a dream about 2 amazing looking games that don't exist.

The first was about giants, it was like a Breath of the Wild sequel set in the Minish world or something. It was in a forest with these giant, majestic trees, and this mystical golden lighting lingering throughout the fog in the distance. I was on the outskirts of a village, and the village was getting attacked from giants in the distance. They were throwing boulders our way, damaging buildings and threatening the
lives of everyone. At one point, I wielded this giant, golden spear with unreal strength, that or it weighed nothing, maybe it was a spear made of energy. Not only was it giant, but it was real long. It was pretty much the size of a normal spear to the giants, but I was about the size of a mouse, or a small dog compared to the giants.

This got me thinking, a Breath of the Wild type sequel set in the Minish world would be pretty amazing, you could be fighting giants as well as other giant things, and also "normal" sized things. Maybe you would play as the Minish equivilent of Link, he would have a tail and it would be awesome. Zelda would somehow fall into the Minish world (retaining her normal size) and she could help you solve puzzles and fight giant enemies, she could carry you to out of reach high places."

The 2nd part of the dream was about some sort of Metroid Prime / Lichdom: Battle Mage hybrid looking game if you were wondering. Was in a snow area shooting magic projectiles out of my hands at a rate similar to the arm cannon in the Prime games, fighting some weiiiiird looking pale monsters, absorbing some latent energy from the area, and casting a spell or two in between.

In any case, "Minish Cap of the Wild" please. That would be stupidly amazing. It would be the perfect followup (With dozens of additions and improvements, ofcourse) Also don't forget Shadow of the Colossus type climby climb stabby stab combat for some of the giant enemies.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: green dragon

green dragon
1 week ago#24
I feel as if Zelda II would benefit the most from being made into 3d. Even a botw styled Zelda II would work very well, imo
Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.
It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#25
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
I had that exact idea a few years ago.
I was about to recreate the map of LA in full 3D (just for fun, not for making it into a game), but I never went on with it. I had all the things and preparations I needed too. I feel like I should've now...

Wifi hurt your shoulder?
Marin's guardian

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#26
nurlen posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
I was about to recreate the map of LA in full 3D (just for fun, not for making it into a game), but I never went on with it. I had all the things and preparations I needed too. I feel like I should've now...

Wifi hurt your shoulder?

lol
No. Just had different priorities at the time.

Don't joke with wifi beams though. They're lethal. I think that's what Bolson's robots use too. Wifi beam lightsabers.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#27
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
nurlen posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...

Wifi hurt your shoulder?

lol

Don't joke with wifi beams though. They're lethal. I think that's what Bolson's robots use too. Wifi beam lightsabers.

So...if I hold a stick in front of me it'll bust the signal and kill the lightsaber?
Marin's guardian

User Info: mehmeh1

mehmeh1
1 week ago#28
Either LA or MC would look gorgeous in 3d
FC: 3840-6927-7945, have OR/Y/SM4SH/PSMD/S/US I'm a youtuber, here is my link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRj1lj8EWzRtw3jp3HUXCxQ? .I play games

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#29
nurlen posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
nurlen posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...

Wifi hurt your shoulder?

lol

So...if I hold a stick in front of me it'll bust the signal and kill the lightsaber?

Just carry some concrete around with you. XD
Can't shield the signals better than that.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: TrooParannoya

TrooParannoya
1 week ago#30
Guess the next most wanted would be the Oracle Duology, but, y'know, combined in some way instead of requiring two games.
Maybe they could "finally" make it the third Oracle game, referencing and playing similarly, but being a completely new game similar to the way A Link Between World's ended up doing?

I'd still rather see a Zelda 2 remake/remaster more than any others barring Link's Awakening (wish granted, I know), but I'd love to see Oracle done in a new style and expanded upon. Especially since it ties into Ocarina of Time, Nintendo's favorite Zelda title (and a fair number of other people's).
Charities that rely completely on your donations: http://goo.gl/mtZXZc
How Localization Works: https://goo.gl/AZfjp1
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Making a 2d zelda into a 3d zelda