You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I think Phantom Hourglass is better than Twilight Princess and Wind Waker

User Info: ElTigreChino

ElTigreChino
1 week ago#1
Finished the game a couple of months ago. The Temple of the Ocean King wasn't even that bad since it's classic dungeon crawling and you always unlock a new shortcut whenever you revisit it. Navigating the sea is way more practical compared to WW and the puzzles feel more fresh compared to the ones in TP. Stuff like drawing the whale island was also a really pleasant surprise.
http://i.imgur.com/QENYguA.jpg

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 week ago#2
That's ok.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.
I'm an alt of guesswho33, nurlen & CarbonButtflap. Please join our hive mind.

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 week ago#3
I recently replayed it and it’s way better than I remember but....

nah
Now playing: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
"If it isn't Zelda, it's Skyrim."-guesspoostain

User Info: Warrior3001

Warrior3001
1 week ago#4
When the game sent me to the Temple of the Ocean King for the second time, I realized I had enough and just quit.
"Skyward Sword is one of the worst games ever and is ranked among melodramatic crap (...) such as Bioshock, Child of Light, Ni no Kuni" -Banned user

Timinatron
1 week ago#5
Warrior3001 posted...
When the game sent me to the Temple of the Ocean King for the second time, I realized I had enough and just quit.

And just think, you have to do it a total of six times.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ScottThang

ScottThang
1 week ago#6
Timinatron posted...
I recently replayed it and it’s way better than I remember but....

nah
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 week ago#7
I quite enjoyed it, but better? Hard to say. The control schemes alone make them two very different games. I did like the way boomerangs were implemented and I really enjoyed the sailing and the cannon. I didn't really mind the touch screen after the first jaunt into the game when I got used to it. And the boss fights make great use of both screens. I think it was an excellent Zelda for the peripherals it had available. they could have easily made it another d-pad Zelda, but the touchscreen worked pretty well for what I needed to. I didn't even mind the Temple of the ocean King. I had fun in there.
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great game creators are who make great games, not companies
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#8
Timinatron posted...
Warrior3001 posted...

What's the problem? It's different each time and it's fun.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

Timinatron
1 week ago#9
Zeveria posted...
Timinatron posted...
Warrior3001 posted...

What's the problem? It's different each time and it's fun.

I didn’t mind it too much, but it’s brutal for someone that can’t stand it, like Warrior3001

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
1 week ago#10
Dunno. Finally bought it on wii u, but haven't played it yet.
Guess who I am.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. I think Phantom Hourglass is better than Twilight Princess and Wind Waker