You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 week ago#31
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
Too bad shock arrows didn't exist in aLttP...

There's the Ether medallion...

That isn’t arrows that fire in a straight shot, it’s more of an AoE, it’s also more ice than shock.

But... there's the electric symbol on it...
Admittedly, it's an AoE, but isn't that ok anyway for beating up Zoras? I mean, shock arrows are AoE in water too...

I know, but... freezing blast? How is that electricity and not ice? And shock arrows fire in a straight shot, then create an AoE when they hit the surface, while the Ether Medallion I think of as more of a Din’s Fire/Urbosa’s Fury but with ice.
No one cares about Isabelle, ShockingKnock! ZELDA SHALL LIVE!!
Main: Ganondorf, Secondary: Link, Sheik
(message deleted)

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#33
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

That isn’t arrows that fire in a straight shot, it’s more of an AoE, it’s also more ice than shock.

Admittedly, it's an AoE, but isn't that ok anyway for beating up Zoras? I mean, shock arrows are AoE in water too...

I know, but... freezing blast? How is that electricity and not ice? And shock arrows fire in a straight shot, then create an AoE when they hit the surface, while the Ether Medallion I think of as more of a Din’s Fire/Urbosa’s Fury but with ice.

Not quite sure where you see the ice, but ok.
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
1 week ago#34
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

Freezes enemies in an AoE, the only thing saying it’s electricity is the symbol, which I think is because you get it from a lightning spell.
No one cares about Isabelle, ShockingKnock! ZELDA SHALL LIVE!!
Main: Ganondorf, Secondary: Link, Sheik

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#35
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

Freezes enemies in an AoE, the only thing saying it’s electricity is the symbol, which I think is because you get it from a lightning spell.

What about the big lightning bolt that comes down when you cast it? I don't see those balls around to be ice, but more like little spheres of lightning... Joys of the 16-bit era I guess. You can't say for sure what's on screen. XD
Anyone with a balanced heart may wish upon the Triforce, and his will be granted. Except for you, Hylia. F*** you.
-- Din, Farore & Nayru

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#36
Zelda dungeon :
The Ether Medallion is one of two Medallions required to complete A Link to the Past, and the three overall. The Medallion in conjunction with the Master Sword creates a stream of cold air to cover the screen, freezing most tougher enemies and killing weaker enemies in the process. The Medallion is required to enter Misery Mire.
To obtain the Ether Medallion, Link must first obtain the Book of Mudora. Next, he must venture to the west of the Tower of Hera on Death Mountain, where he will find a large stone slab that contains Hylian reading. Once Link deciphers the inscription, the Ether Medallion will be acquired.

I will say its weird how it really looks like lightning and its lightning shape...
Botw board town drunk now and forever
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: gilgamesh21

gilgamesh21
1 week ago#37
Warrior3001 posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...
23. Less influences from Buddism and Shintoism. I want LoZ to be 'magical' not 'mystical'.

Care to elaborate on that?
I didn't find any obvious references eastern religions, but then again, a 100% playthrough of Okami is my only source of Shintoist knowledge.

Not really. You can find info about overt influences easily enough on the internet. It seemed to me that when Miyamoto was in charge (I may be wrong) he kept the story/fantasy elements more basic, more universal, but the 'new' guys are pouring eastern mysticism in more and more undiluted. I don't condemn them for drawing from their own religious lives, beliefs, and cultures. I just want LoZ to have it's own magic, rather then pull directly from, and present, real world eastern mysticism.

User Info: gilgamesh21

gilgamesh21
1 week ago#38
Well it looks like this topic is starting to drift. So if no one wants to talk about their wishes for the next Zelda here, I'll shut 'er down soon.