You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: gilgamesh21

gilgamesh21
3 weeks ago#1
Some wishlist, no particular order, for the next Zelda game.

1. Map wide seasons.

2. Train/railroad system (including a large area where players can create their own tracks to accomplish various goals. Maybe Gerudo Desert.). Link can stand on top of the cars, pay to ride inside, and potentially drive at some point. A realistic train system rather then the one featured in ST. Open world, with a steam train traveling from location to location over the landscape.

3. Hyrule at it's height. An era of rich prosperity and high civilization. Ruins and old monuments still exist to explore though.

4. Open world, perhaps finally letting us play in the massive area of Northern Hyrule. It may just be too big though. ( According to the Zelda II map, BotW's huge map is just that tiny little area in the south west.

5. Lynels established as a new full tribe of Hyrule. Female Lynels having dreadlocked manes.

6. A working trade/economic/commerce system. Take wheat to a place, sell for profit, take something else somewhere else etc....You wouldn't need to use it but it would be there for those who'd like to add that aspect of a living Hyrule.

7. Genuine hot air balloon travel. It's "open air" after all. Longer lasting air bladders so you can have more sandbox fun attaching them to items and people.

8. Forging weapons. Link can take any weapon he gets to a forge to repair or strengthen it.(fun mini game style). Hire the blacksmith. Learn from the blacksmith.

9. Tunnels and underground areas, caves.

10. Recurring small jobs. At a stable the stable master has jobs Link can perform. A customer wants to go to the next stable can you protect them from bandits? The road to a place is full of monsters can you join our posse and clear it out? Take care of my animals! Drive my wagon to such a place. Etc.

11. Keep the Sheikah Slate abilities, plus add a couple more. Really adds fun to the open-world sandbox.

12. Ability to craft a limited amount of items. Example, in BotW you run out of arrows in the field. Take "stick" and "flint" and craft new arrows in the field.

13. Stables for horses. Ride/tame more ride-able animals. More interaction with animals. Cats, dogs etc.

14. Hookshot for mountain climbing help would be great. Hookshot from one cliff face to another kinda thing.

15. A simple emote system, which garners simple reactions from NPCs. This system would have a very focused range so that you get a reaction only from an NPC very close to you, one you're pointed at, or one you've locked onto. This emote system can also work in dungeons, overworld to solve puzzles. (statues/pictures depicting certain emotions Link can copy etc.)

16. First-person look ability. Artists put a lot of work into the graphics and it's nice to appreciate it in first-person. BotW had the scope.

17. Save more photos, carry more items/outfits, keep more horses, more map pins etc.. (BotW doesn't allow you to carry all the outfits)

18. If inventory is full. Let me carry and use something "in hand" then. Use it, throw it, just can't store it.

19. Auto walking toggle. Link walks by himself, follows roads automatically like the horses. Also set it to keep pace with another traveler. (for those romantic moon lit walks with Gerudo women!)

20. Ships, boats, and the canoe w/paddle from TP.

21. You've stripped it, now put some warmth back, like the shop & house music, though played softer. Just certain shops/homes?

22. Fishing with a rod. I was amazed it wasn't in BotW.

23. Less influences from Buddism and Shintoism. I want LoZ to be 'magical' not 'mystical'.

24. The simple lantern from TP.

25. Hand-holding (ICO/Fable3) interesting but...?

26. Co-op campaign / separate co-op campaign via offline LAN (online too)

What's on your Zelda Switchlist?

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42
3 weeks ago#2
You got me on the Lynel tribe thing... The Gorons would hate them.
No one cares about Isabelle, ShockingKnock! ZELDA SHALL LIVE!!
Mains: Link, Sheik, and Ganondorf.

gilgamesh21
3 weeks ago#3
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

There should be some animosity between the two tribes?

I've run out of characters on my OP so I'll add another wish here.

27. A castle-like town that exudes the same atmosphere as Kiltons shop. I'm not refering to the monster aspect, more the dark but colourful appearance with warm glowing lights. The music helped too. What it reminded me of was the warmth of Clock Town and Skyloft. It could be a castle-like town that when you enter it's always night, so it's filled with warm lanterns and lighting offsetting the colder darker aspect.

Speaking of hot air balloons wouldn't it have been great to see Kilton's balloon flying over Hyrule?

Naruto_fan_42
3 weeks ago#4
gilgamesh21 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

Yeah, maybe they could be always challenging each other to fights to prove they’re the strongest.

Goron: Easy, I’d have more trouble fighting a girl!

*gets his ass kicked by a female Lynel*

gilgamesh21
3 weeks ago#5
Naruto_fan_42 posted...
gilgamesh21 posted...
Naruto_fan_42 posted...

Yeah, maybe they could be always challenging each other to fights to prove they’re the strongest.

Goron: Easy, I’d have more trouble fighting a girl!

*gets his ass kicked by a female Lynel*

Ha! I agree, that sounds like a good dynamic to have between those two tribes, especially considering the Lynels have mostly appeared on mountains throughout the series.

gilgamesh21
3 weeks ago#6
28. A bakery in towns where Link can learn recipes and bake steamy loaves of Hyrule bread! Hyrule bread with chuchu jelly? Yum?

29. More generous, more forgiving meters, especially for swimming. I don't want swimming to be so dangerous!

30. Definitely keep the flying/gliding (glider) and 'Revali's Gale' abilities. Once again, to help play in the sandbox.

31. Digging...with a shovel. I'm not quite sure about this one, because imagine how involved the programming could be if they wanted it to be anywhere on the map rather then just specific dig spots.

32. This one I wanted ever since I saw that the shrines were all built using relatively simple items. Have dungeon/shrine where players can build there own shrine challenge levels using the same set of blocks and items etc., that the developers used. Then players can upload, download, share and play them all from the entry point of that one dungeon/shrine. Build your own, play others. Like Mario Maker but for BotW style shrine challenges.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Naruto_fan_42
3 weeks ago#7
32. An online feature

User Info: clallseven

clallseven
3 weeks ago#8
Why is everyone so obsessed with fishing in Zelda games? Bombs are the best fishing ever! Ain’t got time to sit on a damn ledge and wait for s*** to bite the line. I got 120 shrines, 15 towers, 4 divine beasts, 900 koroks, 3 dragons, and a princess to rescue!

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
3 weeks ago#9
So... you want red dead of the wild? Not that I disagree, theres a lot of potential to be had from learning from games like that and witcher 3 but I'm not sure how much stock I place in Nintendo's ability to avoid cringey dialogue and situations.

But, the real question is: Yes or no on the horse balls shrinking on Hebra?
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great game creators are who make great games, not companies
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
3 weeks ago#10
Balls of steel don't shrink
Marin's guardian