You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Windwaker is my favorite Zelda game

User Info: GOZYT

GOZYT
1 week ago#1
I loved the charm of the art style. It was amazing imo. Exploring the Seas and randomly getting attacked by a giant Squid Octapus thing. The songs. Your boat. But it's definitely the graphics and the charm that got me.

Should i lower my expectations for Breath of the Wild?
PSN:GOZYT

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
1 week ago#2
No. No you should not. As another person whos favorite was WW, I can tell you BotW is good. Great even. Don't expect perfect, it has its flaws that stand out more the longer you play and not so much earlier on, but don't let perfect be the enemy of the good either.

A word of advice though: once you have access to a shop with arrows, visit it EVERY SINGLE BLOOD MOON (reset cycle). Buy arrows. You will literally never have enough arrows. Every time you think you have enough arrows? You don't. Trust me. Arrows. All the time. It will help.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Fates Castle Address: 10896-2211 34882-62755

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
1 week ago#3
I find BotW plenty charming, but don't expect the same kind of thing in that regard as with Wind Waker. It has a pretty different feel to it.
The black dog runs at night.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#4
This game has a lot less water, but you'll get the same feel of "exploring the wilderness" as WW, with a more modern touch. A great experience overall if you love to explore. The only advice I can give you is to go as blind as possible. You won't regret it.

User Info: GOZYT

GOZYT
1 week ago#5
Thank you for the feedback. Going to jump in this weekend along with some KH Birth by Sleep
PSN:GOZYT

User Info: mario_pot

mario_pot
6 days ago#6
Wind Waker was my favorite before BOTW too , i love pirates and I think that game gave me the best sense of exploration of any Zelda game at that time. Keeping an eye out for far off island silhouettes in the distance before navigating there taking pictures, being caught in epic battles with giant squids, raiding submarines , Filling out the map . It was great

Believe it or not BOTW captures that spirit of exploration and magnifies it , I recommend playing the game as bling as you can, playing through the great plateau then just picking a random direction and going.... just wander any direction and you'll find something crazy , unique , awesome , or some cool secret. The game is massive there is a ton of stuff to find and do . It has an excellent sense of progression ( something I don't feel like WindWaker was great at) and at this point in time I have spent 200+ hours on it ( 2 files) beat the game twice , and can soundly say I still have so much of it still left incomplete and undiscovered. I haven't even started on the DLC yet I've downloaded it and tinkered with some of it but my 200+ hours are jsut base game content .

I was not crazy about the Zelda games before this one even though WindWaker had a special place in my heart but I think BOTW is a gaming masterpiece. It's as close to a perfect 10 game as I think I've played and the biggest reason is because it challenges and encourages you to just experience it .
Are you living or just breathing to death ?
(message deleted)

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
6 days ago#8
I prefer climbing/hanggliding simulation. Walking is lame, and horses are more trouble than theyre worth.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Fates Castle Address: 10896-2211 34882-62755

User Info: _PrincessZelda

_PrincessZelda
4 days ago#9
WW is my 2nd favorite after OOT. I too love the art style & the watery world. BOTW kind of reminds me of WW in a lot of ways.
https://imgur.com/dIQMC5A
WW used to be my favorite. Then BotW came out. There are only two kinds of people in the world: People who [would] love Wind Waker and people who lie about it.
Wanna see otherwise relatively rational people have an existential crisis? Just watch:
President Trump!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Windwaker is my favorite Zelda game