• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should transformations ( like Zora Link ) come back in the next Zelda?

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
2 months ago#11
Atreides27 posted...
I don't really care. If it's fun, that's great. You mentioned a cool idea where you could turn into a Rito to replace the paraglider. That would be pretty sweet. Other species would be cool too.

Honestly, the more you talk about it, the more it makes sense they might do that in the next Zelda.

Ha maybe we can be allies after all. I can't think of a reason to turn into another human race like Gerudo, maybe only to sneak around the Gerudo Grounds? Maybe the Gerudo can use spears and Link only uses Swords?

As far as Goron Link balancing I think he should be quick and good for going downhill high vertical locations at top speed, however Goron Link should struggle to climb vertical areas however the horses in the game need to be excellent at climbing high cliffs like in Skyrim, where the horse can damn near climb up a tree! Goron Link will be immune to lava and allow Link to travel inside an active volcano and its surrounding areas. Goron Link can use sledgehammers as a weapon.
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
2 months ago#12
Count me in if it's a new twist on the transformation mechanic and not just a rehash of the MM masks.

If they bother with more elaborate dungeons next time and give the alternate forms a set of distinct abilities and weaknesses, then I could even see a point in tying the transformations to certain locations. It could be a bit like the shrinking in MC, the water level in the water temple or the time stone in the sandship.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.
Official member of the MHGU clique.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 months ago#13
I wouldnt want the masks to overshadow existing modes of combat and exploration as those should be the new focus of the new game. If link has a robo space monkey that he travels around on , i would want the game to focus on the space monkeys.

Imo underpowered would be best, at least for masks we've seen in other Zeldas. Kind of like wolf link amiibo. Otherwise the meta becomes the homage mask.

But a homage would be awesome, and i wouldn't mind something unique for the game
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!

User Info: Twintellyamama

Twintellyamama
2 months ago#14
If it means bringing back the deku kingdom then I'm for it. Faron jungle really could have used them.
Oof my legs

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
2 months ago#15
UnwipedPooStain posted...
Atreides27 posted...
I don't really care. If it's fun, that's great. You mentioned a cool idea where you could turn into a Rito to replace the paraglider. That would be pretty sweet. Other species would be cool too.

Honestly, the more you talk about it, the more it makes sense they might do that in the next Zelda.

Ha maybe we can be allies after all. I can't think of a reason to turn into another human race like Gerudo, maybe only to sneak around the Gerudo Grounds? Maybe the Gerudo can use spears and Link only uses Swords?

As far as Goron Link balancing I think he should be quick and good for going downhill high vertical locations at top speed, however Goron Link should struggle to climb vertical areas however the horses in the game need to be excellent at climbing high cliffs like in Skyrim, where the horse can damn near climb up a tree! Goron Link will be immune to lava and allow Link to travel inside an active volcano and its surrounding areas. Goron Link can use sledgehammers as a weapon.

What is you could Goron Roll up mountains with the spikes? That would be interesting.

This concept actually makes sense if they did a BotW sequel in the vein of Majora's Mask. It could be a throwback to that whole concept, and the game in spirit would already be a lot like MM.
UnwipedPooStain: I am a big boy

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
2 months ago#16
Atreides27 posted...
What is you could Goron Roll up mountains with the spikes? That would be interesting.

This concept actually makes sense if they did a BotW sequel in the vein of Majora's Mask. It could be a throwback to that whole concept, and the game in spirit would already be a lot like MM.

I've always said I want BOTW to get a metaphorical Majora's Mask where they reuse the physics engine and assets, add a new world to explore, more in depth dungeons, more enemy types and items etc. taking the skeleton of BOTW and adding to it. But I wouldn't mind a more literal Majora's Mask either with transformation to expand upon travel or even setting it in a more fleshed out Termina that matches BOTW Hyrule in scope either.

User Info: tottenhamfan

tottenhamfan
2 months ago#17
Rito Link would be so awsome. Also Mogma Link based on SS would be real cool too.
Tottenham Hotspur fan. #COYS #THFC
Tamil is a beautiful language.

User Info: Nightfire2512

Nightfire2512
2 months ago#18
I wouldn’t want him to actually transform into them, but rather for there to be armor sets that grant the abilities, similar to how the Zora Armor works—though obviously expanded on.

A Goron set that would allow rolling, punching, and ground pounds, as well as a Rito set that worked like a more advanced paraglider would both be cool. The 3 (including the Zora Armor) would give you the ability to breath underwater/resistance to fire and cold, respectively. Though I don’t know what a Gerudo set would do.

User Info: warrior9999

warrior9999
2 months ago#19
No....with the exception of FD link. A 9 foot tall Link with a huge op sword would make Ganon crap himself.

User Info: MB1234

MB1234
2 months ago#20
Absolutely.
NES is the GOAT
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should transformations ( like Zora Link ) come back in the next Zelda?
  • Topic Archived