You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should transformations ( like Zora Link ) come back in the next Zelda?
Should transformations make a come back? It does necessarily have to be in the form of a mask

MAJOR CORRECTION IN POLL: it does NOT have to come in the form of a mask. It can just be a magical power Link has.

Honestly I miss transforming so much in Majora's Mask. I know Wolf Link was not the most popular guy but that's due to two main reasons:

1. He was FORCED multiple times throughout the game where as Deku Link was only forced one time in Majora

2. Wolf Link did not have significant enough advantages over human Link to use him. He couldn't talk to other NPCS. He had no wolf pack of his kind to hang around either. Majora included the Deku, Goron, and Zora race to match their transformations.

However both Goron and Zora forms had their fun abilities. Also it was so much fun to talk to people as different forms and get different reactions, some characters were straight up racist!

Also it was fun to Goron Race and explore an underwater city only accessible to Zoras. Imagine the potential of a playable Rito that can soar thru the air and fire arrows from above and a Rito city only accessible by air!
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Ikorus13

Ikorus13
1 week ago#2
YAS.

Can be used instead of champ powers and certain armor sets. Or to supplement them. Mostly i just want goron link back. And rito link would be swag as hell. I guess gerudo link would be the ginge with the epic beard from the murals. And shiekah link would be the fierce diety equivalent.
FGO User ID: 055,832,829
Fates Castle Address: 10896-2211 34882-62755

User Info: Vados

Vados
1 week ago#3
Nah. I'd just like to play human Link. Constantly switching between forms in MM for minor tasks was kinda annoying. Just give Link numerous abilities and integrate them into the control scheme well enough. They already did that for stuff like shield surfing or Paragliding in BotW.

User Info: Zanthion

Zanthion
1 week ago#4
I've never cared for transformations. I'd rather not have any more, ever again.
(message deleted)

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
1 week ago#6
Goron followed by zoro but rito form would be dope as f*** too even though it'll be op as f*** cause you can just skip over mountains and all that s*** you know what I'm saying. At least with goron, y'all still gonna travel around stuff and jump and all that other bulls***s.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 week ago#7
Woah, a decent thread. Started to think you didnt have it in you.

I wouldnt mind it, but it wouldn't have the same impact as going from oot to mm or even oot to tp did. Part of why it was so awesome in mm was the Deku Linkesque twists that game threw at you being twists. Not as cool if the imagery and depth behind the masks and themes isnt genuinely unique. Depth vs convolution is a fine line, too

I'd like them best if they were homage masks or something similar but not so much a central theme or mechanic since its been done
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 week ago#8
UnwipedPooStain posted...
He couldn't talk to other NPCS

Animals and the cat at the inn

/nitpick
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 week ago#9
I don't really care. If it's fun, that's great. You mentioned a cool idea where you could turn into a Rito to replace the paraglider. That would be pretty sweet. Other species would be cool too.

Honestly, the more you talk about it, the more it makes sense they might do that in the next Zelda.
UnwipedPooStain: I am a big boy

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
1 week ago#10
CarbonButtflap posted...
UnwipedPooStain posted...
He couldn't talk to other NPCS

Animals and the cat at the inn

/nitpick

Yes but Majora's Mask, which I been replaying, almost every single NPC treats you different according to your form, breathing even more life into these characters! Like the Great Bay scientists questions how a Goron got out to his lab, and if you talk to the astral observatory guy as either Zora or Goron he will explain how the Moon is falling out of orbit and will surely kill everyone, where as when you talk to him as Deku Link he asks if you saw anything interesting thru the telescope. Such details!

If this sequel really is like Breath of the Wild with a big overworld again then I definitely would like to see the return of Zora Link. That way there could be plenty of world to explore underwater! And Zora Link is simply the most fun way to travel underwater in any game I played, way better than switching on and off the iron boots or the Zora armor in TP.

As for balancing Rito Link I don't think he should be able to fly except only in certain areas of the map or dungeons, instead he will be able to glide but way more control than the paraglider and also he stays in the air much longer. The Rito should also have their city moved into the Sky somewhere high, maybe include some tough platforming to reach it that use Rito Link's abilities. He will naturally have the Rito jump ability that Link has in BoTW but no recharging. This can allow for world design to extend high into the sky with Rito Link jumping onto platforms that are very tall and would be too tedious to climb and then soaring to another platform far in the distance. Maybe an endgame reward could give him the ability to fly no issue all over the map.
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Should transformations ( like Zora Link ) come back in the next Zelda?