• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. NEW Drunken Legit Topic: DB's are Dungeons, prove me wrong

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 months ago#81
nurlen posted...
What dungeons don't give you a HC?

Lttp HC, the well, cant think of any other non aol ones
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
2 months ago#82
Look guys let me just say this. Yes you can call the Divine Beasts dungeons. But be real here, these are the worst dungeons ever seen in a 3D hands down. As I explained earlier in this topic, you can not sit here and try to bulls*** me that the Divine Beats are somehow the "evolution" of dungeons or that they are the traditional ones just "rearranged". No just no. They are bad, VERY BAD 3D dungeons.

The Divine Beasts are a metaphor for all of BoTW in general. From a distance the Divine Beasts look epic, a large mechanical animal the size of Skyscrapers, something never seen before in LoZ. What could possibly await in such a magnificent beast??

But once you enter them you realize theres something missing.... no wait...almost everything is missing!
Sure there is a map, but its handed right to you.
Sure there are puzzles, but the puzzles are all identical to the ones you found in shrines, they use the same tools you had since the tutorial
Sure there is a boss with a heart container, but its the same boss everytime with a new gimmick.

The Divine Beasts are just like BoTW in general, epic in scale but no substantial content under the surface.
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
2 months ago#83
UnwipedPooStain posted...
They are bad, VERY BAD 3D dungeons.

Other than them being short, there isn't much bad about them.

Sure there is a map, but its handed right to you.

I still don't think this is a big deal. The player has to reach the map to begin activating the nodes. Complete non-issue.

Sure there are puzzles, but the puzzles are all identical to the ones you found in shrines, they use the same tools you had since the tutorial

This argument is still as weak when you made it the first time. Just because you utilize the same tools doesn't mean the puzzles are the same. You still have to look at them and come up with a solution. The DB's puzzles (and nearly all the puzzles in BotW) are each unique. Just because you use one of the 5 runes to solve doesn't mean that they're the same. This is by far your worst point.

Sure there is a boss with a heart container, but its the same boss everytime with a new gimmick.

Again, this is false. They may look the same but each battle operates completely different. They each have their own attacks and functions. Even the battlefields are completely different.

The Divine Beasts are just like BoTW in general, epic in scale but no substantial content under the surface.

I can understand that you don't appreciate the content, but it's substantial to the majority of people who played BotW.
UnwipedPooStain: I am a big boy

User Info: Mikk

Mikk
2 months ago#84
Zeveria posted...
Exactly. LoZ didn't have puzzles. And I wouldn't really say it was much of a thing in aLttP either...or rather I could count all the puzzles on my fingers. It was heavily featured from OoT onward, but it's still an add on. It's like frosting, a crucial addition to cinnamon rolls and cakes, but that doesn't make them the same thing.

The puzzles are purely Aonuma's doing. This is so simple to understand.

-Zelda 1 did not have these puzzles, it was about maze exploration and heavy combat
-Zelda 2 did not have these puzzles, it was about maze exploration and heavy combat
-ALttP you are absolutely right about as well, it did not feature these "puzzles" and was still all about maze exploration/key collection and heavy, intense combat.

Aonuma starting working on Zelda with OoT and his only job was making the dungeons. Duh.
http://i.imgur.com/PMzaOmq.png

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
2 months ago#85
nurlen posted...

Almost every final dungeon.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
2 months ago#86
wiggum posted...
Zeveria posted...
wiggum posted...
As I think we can (or should) all agree ... at their core, the DB's contain MOST of the elements of the traditional dungeons ... just broken down, restructured, and put back together a different way.

So what do they have in common with the traditional dungeons that LoZ introduced? There's...enemies, I guess. Puzzles and themes are add ons to the traditional formula, but without the traditional formula, they're just toppings without the main dish.

Well, if you read the OP's post that started this thread you'd have a good idea ... but here's my take along w/ the things that the OP stated ...

1. They are both closed-off areas with concentrated gameplay, ending with a boss fight...
2. They both have a "compass and map" feature ...
3. They both have puzzles to solve in order to get to the boss fight ...
3. You receive a heart container once you defeat the boss ...
4. In the classic dungeons you got an item to use IN the dungeon to beat it, but in BotW you get a "champion power" that you take with you and use outside of the dungeon ...
5. They both have treasure chests strewn around for you to find and loot ...
6. Most (or at least a lot) of the traditional dungeons have some sort of manipulative-able portion in them, whereas the DB's themselves are 'adjustable' ...
7. The traditional dungeons have their own themes, as do the DB's ... though the DB's theme is really just an element such as fire, wind, water or electricity...
8. Traditional dungeons have keys to find and unlock doors so that you may progress through the dungeon ... whereas this has been 'replaced' with the terminals that must be activated in the DB's before you can get the big boss to appear for the closing fight ...

So there ya go. As many of us have tried to point out, we realize that the essence of the elements of traditional dungeons are there ... they are just reimagined and restructured to create the DB's. I acknowledge fully that the way these things are implemented and assembled result in a different overall experience when looking at how the traditional dungeons feel vs. how the DB's feel ... but the point we have been making is that the DB's DO contain the same elements ... just in a different way.

Again I side with @wiggum here, dungeons have changed and DB's could be counted as such... look to the essential parts of what they are vs the "feel", different game... do the dungeons in LoZ "feel" the same as any of the ones in any 3D title? Purple monkey dishwasher...
Botw board town drunk now and forever

User Info: NeoBowser

NeoBowser
2 months ago#87
Divine beasts puzzles were not easy
I'm feeling myself, I'm feeling myself, I'm feeling my feeling my'

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 months ago#88
Zeveria posted...
nurlen posted...

Almost every final dungeon.

Indeed.

So it's a stupid claim to make.
Marin's guardian
(message deleted)

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 months ago#90
SLUM_KING posted...
@Rustykranz

Hey don't start s*** in my thread boy. I ain't a drunk ass like you. Putting drunk in yo title like it means s*** you know what I'm saying.

You lost homie? This is rustys turf and thread dawg. You're doing a fine job of s***ting on yourself in your own over here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/77363804?page=2#112
guesswho33 posted...
I dunno about that, but we definitely didn't go to the moon, in my opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. NEW Drunken Legit Topic: DB's are Dungeons, prove me wrong
  • Topic Archived