• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. NEW Drunken Legit Topic: DB's are Dungeons, prove me wrong

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
2 months ago#1
Lets look at the formula for DB's and classic dungeons...

Classic as in previous games...

Dungeons: Map & compass
DB's: Map terminal which when unlocked serves as both

Puzzles: Both have....

Boss fight with full heart container after beating the boss, both have

Keys: small keys and big key in classic, terminals/ main terminal in DB's serve as keys as they all progress to the boss

Item find: classic has an item usually midway through, DB's give you an ability after..

They both have chests as well...

The only thing DB's lack is a mini boss but for the most part they are the same...

PROVE ME WRONG
Botw board town drunk now and forever

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
2 months ago#2
Why would anyone want a dungeon anyway? Worst. Eeveelution. Ever.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
2 months ago#3
honi, im just glad you did an edit to want instead of went
Botw board town drunk now and forever

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
2 months ago#4
“B-b-b-but, th-they aren’t th-themed!!!!!1”
Now Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS), GTA IV (XONE)

User Info: Vados

Vados
2 months ago#5
I think you could say that the boarding segments are mini-bosses. I think fighting against Vah Naboris was more of a challenge than simply fighting against two lizalfos in OoT.

User Info: Sk8RuLz

Sk8RuLz
2 months ago#6
Dungeons are mandatory and an essential part of any Zelda games, Divine beasts are not.

Otherwise yes they’re a kind of dungeon, but I would’ve wanted more of them maybe like 12.
Favorite: Zelda 1,2, BotW, MM, TP, OoT, ALttP, SS, WW, Xenoblade Chronicles, Star Wars KOTOR 1 & 2, Naruto CONR3, Final Fantasy 1,2,3, Fire Emblem PoR/RD

User Info: AnakhaSilver

AnakhaSilver
2 months ago#7
Sk8RuLz posted...
Dungeons are mandatory and an essential part of any Zelda games, Divine beasts are not.

Otherwise yes they’re a kind of dungeon, but I would’ve wanted more of them maybe like 12.

To be fair, that's because previous Zeldas were largely linear stories.

And TBH there's only so much you can do with dungeons, so I'm glad they kept a smaller number in them rather than a larger number. I'm tired of fighting Gohma for the umpteenth time.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 months ago#8
Hyrule Castle is the only dungeon in this game imo

Everything else is a series of rooms from a temple. The dbs are giant machines that need to be reconfigured after being taken over.

Dungeons? I think the term is thrown around too loosely.
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!

User Info: AnakhaSilver

AnakhaSilver
2 months ago#9
CarbonButtflap posted...

Everything else is a series of rooms from a temple. The dbs are giant machines that need to be reconfigured after being taken over.

"A dungeon crawl is a type of scenario in fantasy role-playing games in which heroes navigate a labyrinthine environment (a "dungeon"), battling various monsters, and looting any treasure they may find."

IDK, seems to fit what we do in the DB.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
2 months ago#10
AnakhaSilver posted...
CarbonButtflap posted...

"A dungeon crawl is a type of scenario in fantasy role-playing games in which heroes navigate a labyrinthine environment (a "dungeon"), battling various monsters, and looting any treasure they may find."

IDK, seems to fit what we do in the DB.

I dont think there is a single labyrinthine location in 3D Zeldas until BotWs mazes and HC

All the dbs are pretty straightforward, if less linear than the myriad of temples we've been presented.

As the mazes are overworld, most people don't count them.
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. NEW Drunken Legit Topic: DB's are Dungeons, prove me wrong
  • Topic Archived