• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Favorite Mask Transformation, MM?

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
3 months ago#21
Super1Up posted...

Even with the dumb nerfs and changes I still loved the remake, it was amazing replaying my favorite game with the improved graphics.

Also something about OoT and MM, the character models/graphic style in general have so much charm to them. They age really well, almost like how pixel style games don't lose their beauty with age. Maybe it's the nostalgia talking, but oh well I think the 64 Zelda titles are beautiful.

Well for all the b****ing I did about the remake there are two things it does very well. The text speed is increased dramatically and the frame rate is improved greatly ( from 20fps that drops occasionally to 30fps that is stable) making the game far more enjoyable.

I don't think the N64 games look bad today ,like some older games do, mainly because of the artsyle, however that 20fps lock makes it hard to look at nowadays after being spoiled by 60fps games.
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
3 months ago#22
UnwipedPooStain posted...
Instead they "fixed" stupid s*** that nobody asked for like The Bombers Notebook popping up constantly interrupting gameplay, Deku hopping, Zora swimming, the Inverted Song of Time was nerfed, boss fights were changed to be more samey. But hey atleast they added two "relaxing" fishing holes in a game where you are constantly on a time limit.

And needing to "talk" to the Owl Statues to activate them, which is boring and lame compared to attacking them with your sword, changing the location of the Stone Mask to a location that makes having it like 80% pointless because you've already gone through most of the area you need it in, and making the Giant's Mask appear during the boss battle.

I swear I spent an hour going back and forth through the Temple looking for it, only to give up and look it up on this site. <_<
And also I ended up needing to look up why the Stone Mask Guy wasn't in a circle of rocks near the cliff.
I raged quite a bit each time.

...Oh yeah, and how the Giant's Mask makes Link randomly act like a sluggish, primal caveman instead of... Link but Big.
Or whatever.

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
3 months ago#23
A new Zelda game with more story on the deity Link from Majora Mask in the future would be dope as f***. Maybe even some new masks with some sick ass powers. With today's tech, s*** is gonna get crazy you know what I'm saying.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: NeverBeGameOver

NeverBeGameOver
3 months ago#24
I love Deku mask so much, I just love the design of the character and everything about it. Zora is a close second and the Goron. Everyone here is probably going to say Fierce Deity Mask, although it is cool... it's only used for boss fights, otherwise its not used at all. Which sucks because they could've made it so you could use it anywhere.

User Info: Ryan Si

Ryan Si
3 months ago#25
Deku

User Info: Vados

Vados
3 months ago#26
Goron>Zora>Deku>Fierce Deity>Giant

The goron mask is something that I constantly have sitting on a c-button. Rolling around at that speed is really neat and makes both Epona and the Bunny Ears kinda pointless. Being able to punch really hard and perform ground pounds also makes it one of the most useful ones in combat situations, especially since MM3D made his punches fast.

Zora Link is a huge improvement over OoT's clunky underwater movement. Aside from that though, there's no point in using him when there's no water around...which means he's only really practical in Great Bay.

Deku Link has the same issue as Zora Link, but he's less useful in combat and the Deku Flowers are even more scarce than large bodies of water...not to mention that they're also boring to use. The bubble ability also has the same issue as TP's Slingshot...it becomes useless after dungeon 1.

FD and Giant Link are both way too situational. FD can at least be used against every boss, but giant link only works against Twinmold. There's nothing really useful about them.

User Info: LukeSkyvvalker

LukeSkyvvalker
3 months ago#27
Zora

User Info: Super1Up

Super1Up
3 months ago#28
SLUM_KING posted...
A new Zelda game with more story on the deity Link from Majora Mask in the future would be dope as f***. Maybe even some new masks with some sick ass powers. With today's tech, s*** is gonna get crazy you know what I'm saying.

Honestly, the whole "Hero of Time" story line between end of MM to sword skills teacher in TP is unexplored and open to new stories and games being made about it. I would love to see the Hero of Time Link come back in a game as adult Link but this time just aging normally. Maybe he has mastered all of the masks and you find new ones too.
"The right thing.. what is it? I wonder, if you do the right thing, does it really make everyone happy?"

User Info: Phisoe

Phisoe
3 months ago#29
I remember the entire reason I bought Majora's Mask was because I wanted to be able to play around as a Goron.

...With that said, the Fierce Deity's Mask is my most favorite of them all. I like how it's basically a symbol of everything Link fights for in this game.

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
3 months ago#30
Super1Up posted...
SLUM_KING posted...

Honestly, the whole "Hero of Time" story line between end of MM to sword skills teacher in TP is unexplored and open to new stories and games being made about it. I would love to see the Hero of Time Link come back in a game as adult Link but this time just aging normally. Maybe he has mastered all of the masks and you find new ones too.

That would be dope as f***. Adult Link returning the Termina with a bigger and more populated clock town and some new big threats on the loose with a heavily changed and expanded snow mountain, swamp, ocean, and canyon.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Favorite Mask Transformation, MM?
  • Topic Archived