You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Breath of The Wild should have just been a New IP instead of a Zelda game

User Info: guesswho33

guesswho33
1 week ago#281
UnwipedPooStain posted...
Atreides27 posted...
UnwipedPooStain posted...
Who cares what the genre of the game is? 2D Zelda, Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, and Metroid games still have very similar gameplay to their first game back in the 80s as well.

2D Zelda (top down you mean?): ALBW ditched the traditional item system.
Mario: Capturing mechanic is brilliant and a great change.
Yoshi: New one changes up things quite a bit from what I'm seeing
Kirby: Never played
Metroid: Went from platformer to first person shooter.
All the games you just listed are vastly different than their 80's counterparts.

I'm done arguing with you, this is the last reply you will receive from me.

Before even seeing you said that I was responding to tell you that you're wasting time. These are all known trolls who are incapable or reasonable discussion.
Guess who I am.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#282
Nothing worse than waking up to a bunch of goddamn motherf***ing piece of crusty s*** guesspoo posts
Marin's guardian

guesswho33
1 week ago#283
poor nurlen doesn't like truth, still.
Guess who I am.
guesswho33 posted...
poor nurlen doesn't like truth, still.

The truth is youre dull and your shtick is tired. Even the new trolls are more interesting, probably since they arent playing a persona.

And theyre human. You can have an intelligent conversation with them, somewhat. Much better trolls than OoTBot the acid reflux suffering My obfuscation is TRUTH!er

I miss your weekly OoT > All threads and daily bumps. Cant we go back Poopie? Can't we just go back to the good old days, before everyone could predict your every word?
Tetsuya Nomura. The Mastermind behind Popeye arms and the fragmented and poorly told mess of a story of 13, is going to retcon the KH series again in 2019 Yay!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: redlikelink

redlikelink
6 days ago#285
Heres a tl;dr for anyone that has read this far down:

wah wah, its not like the games i used to play, i dont like it, wah wah.

but seriously, a game not being the same as the one from 20 years ago is probably for the best

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
6 days ago#286
redlikelink posted...

Lol thanks
Marin's guardian

User Info: meteora88

meteora88
6 days ago#287
I agree and disagree with some things.

I do agree that it’s a shame BOTW missed out on a lot of the stuff we’re used to seeing in the 3D Zelda games that you mentioned in the OP. Lord knows this game could’ve used more content, main narrative in particular.

I disagree with the idea that this doesn’t feel like a Zelda game. It clearly does, to me at least.

The Link, Zelda, Ganon, and save the world from darkness is ever present. Some things never change.

guesswho33
5 days ago#288
redlikelink posted...

but seriously, a game not being the same as the one from 20 years ago is probably for the best

has zero to do with past games. has to do with it sucking no matter what you compare it to.
Guess who I am.
guesswho33 posted...
has zero to do with past games. has to do with it sucking no matter what you compare it to

Kind of like your opinion
guesswho33 posted...
I dunno about that, but we definitely didn't go to the moon, in my opinion.

guesswho33
5 days ago#290
carbon owned by me again.
Guess who I am.
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Breath of The Wild should have just been a New IP instead of a Zelda game