• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Breath of The Wild should have just been a New IP instead of a Zelda game

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
2 months ago#1
To be completely honest this game feels alot more Ubisoft than it does Zelda. Nintendo could have real success for a new series and still kept making "real" Zeldas. I for one think every 3D Zelda is an amazing game until Skyward Sword's gimmicky motion controls ruined the game for me.

Breath of the Wild however is not a Zelda game now way, no how. The developers said it is based on Zelda 1 but no there is a huge flaw in that argument. Zelda 1 did have an open world but the meat of the game was still going into dungeons and finding items to use in the overworld, NOT RUNNING AROUND LOOKING FOR SHRINES, ASSASSIN CREED TOWERS, AND MINI 10 MINUTE DUNGEONS.

Here is a list of missing Zelda elements from this game:

1. Heart Pieces rewards for exploring/sidequests
2. Magic Bar
3. Empty Bottles
4. Wallets
5. Actual Dungeons
6. Story in present time ( You know to CARE ABOUT)
7. Strong Atmosphere
8. Ganondorf's human form with backstory and intelligence, not a mindless beast
9. Items found in dungeons to open up the overworld ( BoTW only has 4 items and only 2 are really useful. No hookshot is a sin )
10. Multiple bosses and mini-bosses that match the atmosphere of their dungeon, not a repeat of Ganon's worst incarination yet
11. Multiple missing enemies from previous Zeldas
12. Weapons that don't break during combat
13. Musical Intrusment heavily tied to gameplay (Tbh Twilight Princess really needed one too it only had Wolf Link songs)
14. A companion to help you on your quest ( Navi, Tattl, Midna, King of Red Lions )

So there you go Breath of the Wild is a fun game but is is definitely not a Zelda game and I sure as s*** hope the next Zelda is a real one.
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
2 months ago#2
Tldr
Botw board town drunk now and forever

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
2 months ago#3
Tldr
Marin's guardian

User Info: Groadergreen

Groadergreen
2 months ago#4
Another baby crying for OoT
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
2 months ago#5
You make some fair points my man but I disagree that this ain't a Zelda game cause it still got the zelda feel and characters you know what I'm saying. It's just they decide to make it less linear this time around and you never know homie. The next one could be totally different again or back to being similar to what you wanted real talk.

Rustykranz posted...
Tldr

nurlen posted...
Tldr

Man what the hell are you two, some twins or some s*** like that and what's with this stupid tldr one word bulls***. That response is whack real talk and Rusty I thought you another brotha out there but you just here to start s*** with responses like this. You just another big diddy wannabe.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: MB1234

MB1234
2 months ago#6
The series had to evolve at some point right? I disagree that this is not a Zelda game, IMO it feels right at home in the series. All that said, you make a lot of good points. I prefer the classic style games more.
NES is the GOAT

Rustykranz
2 months ago#7
SLUM_KING posted...
You make some fair points my man but I disagree that this ain't a Zelda game cause it still got the zelda feel and characters you know what I'm saying. It's just they decide to make it less linear this time around and you never know homie. The next one could be totally different again or back to being similar to what you wanted real talk.

Rustykranz posted...
Tldr

nurlen posted...
Tldr

Man what the hell are you two, some twins or some s*** like that and what's with this stupid tldr one word bulls***. That response is whack real talk and Rusty I thought you another brotha out there but you just here to start s*** with responses like this. You just another big diddy wannabe.

Real talk homie why yall hidin up in da cut gone talk s*** on another topic. Thats that behind da back snitch s*** yall be pulling on yall homies, know what im sayin?

User Info: SLUM_KING

SLUM_KING
2 months ago#8
Rustykranz posted...
SLUM_KING posted...

Rustykranz posted...
Tldr

nurlen posted...
Tldr

Real talk homie why yall hidin up in da cut gone talk s*** on another topic. Thats that behind da back snitch s*** yall be pulling on yall homies, know what im sayin?

I told you before, I ain't no snitch my man. That ain't what I'm about, me and my homies are for life. I always treat people fair and square until they mess with me and then it's take a look around, suckers can't be found you know what I'm saying.
I'm mutha****ing faithless, aitheist, racist, faceless, ageless, shapeless. Mind elevates into stages I'm weightless

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
2 months ago#9
1. That’s exactly what shrines are. Heart piece rewards for both exploring and doing side quests.

2. I guess that LoZ, LA, OoS, OoA, MC, fS, FSA, TP, PH, ST, SS, and ALBW aren’t Zelda games either since they don’t have magic bars.

3. Again, I guess LoZ, AoL, LA, OoS, OoA, FS, FSA, PH, and ST aren’t Zelda games because they don’t have empty bottles.

4. Wallets were stupid to begin with. Arbitrarily limiting the amount of money you could carry based on game progress is 1) limited to the other 3D games and 2) a relic of a system that had no good use for rupees besides one or two “amazing” items that were locked to lategame because of the wallet limitation.

5. BotW has five full dungeons (six with the DLC) and a mini dungeon, as well as several shrines that are mini dungeon length and more actual puzzle content than any other game in the series.

6. There’s plenty of story in the present. Try completing the dungeons (I assume you haven’t found them yet since 5 was on your list).

7. I’m not sure what this means, tbh.

8. Once again, I guess LoZ, AoL, LA, ALttP, MM, OoA, OoS, MC, FS, PH, ST, SS, and ALBW aren’t Zelda games since none of them have human GDorf (who sucks as both a character and a villain, btw).

9. I can sort of understand this complaint (except for the last bit about usefulness, since all five tools you receive are incredibly useful), but I also far prefer giving a basic set of tools at the beginning so there’s a baseline for later puzzles. Keeps every dungeon from being “you can’t do this puzzle until you get the item shaped key for it.”

10. Every single one of those bosses matched their dungeon.

11. Enemy variety is definitely weak in BotW, but I’m not sure how missing enemies keeps it from being a part of the series given that many games in the series have completely different enemy sets.

12. A new mechanic does not discount a game from its series.

13. This is limited almost exclusively to the 3D games, so you’re essentially saying that all but seven Zelda games aren’t Zelda games.

14. Again, limited to the 3D games. Are those the only ones you’ve played?

BotW is 100% a Zelda game, and I hope the next game improves upon it but keeps the same base.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

Rustykranz
2 months ago#10
SLUM_KING posted...
Rustykranz posted...
SLUM_KING posted...

Rustykranz posted...
Tldr

nurlen posted...
Tldr

I told you before, I ain't no snitch my man. That ain't what I'm about, me and my homies are for life. I always treat people fair and square until they mess with me and then it's take a look around, suckers can't be found you know what I'm saying.

All I know is real talk, yall took yall snitch money and left da hood with yo homies jammed up or on da street still cause yall had to leave da hood cause errbody know yall snitched, know what im saying?
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Breath of The Wild should have just been a New IP instead of a Zelda game
  • Topic Archived