• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. A Link to the Past: Randomized!

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#1
I got bored last night and decided it was time to play through ALttP again. However, I wanted to do something different this time to differentiate it from the dozens of other playthroughs I've completed. So, I randomized the file and let me say it has been weird.

Within the first few minutes of the game, long enough to run through the entirety of Hyrule Castle the first time, I had acquired the sword (no shield), bombs, the hammer, and the Ether medallion. Heading to Kakariko, I found not one, but two sword upgrades in random chests. Heading to the Desert Palace, I found the bow in Sahasrahla's house and two heart containers in the Palace proper. Here, though, I encountered the first major stumbling block in my journey.

As you may have guessed, I don't have the lamp yet. This means that the dark sections of the Palace are impossible to reasonably complete. I had to leave the Palace and go elsewhere to try and find a light source.

I only played for maybe an hour, but I'm excited to go back and keep playing it later today. Does anyone else have interesting experiences with randomizers?
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: darkante

darkante
1 week ago#2
Zelda II randomizer starting without a lamp. Something i regret soon with all the tough "invisible" enemies around and Death Mountain being a more pain then normal to navigate.

If i play it nowdays, i try to make it as simple as possible. Starting with the lamp and cross for starters and maybe half damage.
FC: 5429-6689-0419

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#3
Update: I have located the lamp.
Bisexual and proud

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#4
And I got the dungeon map from the boss of the Palace. Fun.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
1 week ago#5
I race ALttP rando all the time. Did you know there's a randomizer that combines both ALttP and Super Metroid, shuffling items from both games between them? It's the best.
Life itself is that which is eternal.

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#6
I wish I could do that but I don't have a PC
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.
(message deleted)

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
1 week ago#8
I messed with an ff6 one for a bit. I had friends who used to use a game genie with it back in the day to get randomized drops. After you've seen an atma weapon and 2 gem boxes randomly drop before whelk, I mean, how are you going to top that?
Science is life

User Info: ECH01

ECH01
1 week ago#9
There's actually an Alttp randomizer tournament going on right now if you want to watch some great races. Some crazy things can happen in randomizers. TC it sounds like you got lucky with some early finds.

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#10
It turns out that the golden sword was on the Pyramid where the heart piece usually is, so I had the maxed out sword four dungeons in. I will say that the game is incredibly rough without regular heart container upgrades, especially in the dark world where most enemies hit for 2-3 hearts at base armor. Still, it’s a ton of fun.
Bisexual and proud
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. A Link to the Past: Randomized!
  • Topic Archived