You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you want another side scrolling Zelda game?

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#21
warrior9999 posted...
I am probably one of the few people that actually like zelda 2. That being said, I am on the fence about a new side scroller. While I like zelda 2, I'll admit that it had flaws. I'm worried that if a side scroller was created, it would go the route of a metroidvania. While I enjoy those games, it's not what I'm looking for when I play zelda.

However I would love a zelda 2 remake using the botw formula. Botw felt more like a call back to zelda 2 than zelda 1 to me and I think it would fit perfectly. Just a thought.

Just needs the whores, right?
Marin's guardian

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#22
warrior9999 posted...
I am probably one of the few people that actually like zelda 2. That being said, I am on the fence about a new side scroller. While I like zelda 2, I'll admit that it had flaws. I'm worried that if a side scroller was created, it would go the route of a metroidvania. While I enjoy those games, it's not what I'm looking for when I play zelda.

However I would love a zelda 2 remake using the botw formula. Botw felt more like a call back to zelda 2 than zelda 1 to me and I think it would fit perfectly. Just a thought.

Oh? Curious, why do you feel BOTW was more of a Zelda 2 homage? I do get that it's not as much like Zelda 1 as people say, BOTW is actually more open I think than even Zelda 1, but I'm curious what paralels you see between zelda 2 and it.

Forest_Temple posted...
Zelda II is a fine idea but it was just too hard. Remake that with reasonable difficulty and add on to it and it'll be awesome. Zeldavania.

Main thing difficulty wise IMO is to let you restart at a game over at the last town you got...'refreshed' at, or at the start of a dungeon. Not that this was the only source of difficulty, but didn't you ALWAYS restart at the very start screen of the game at least until the final palace?

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#23
Yeah I was just gonna say checkpoints is the biggest thing. It's obnoxious you have to go through Death Mountain again after you die but it's an old game..... It has so much potential though. It just gets overlooked. Zeldavania could be amazing.
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#24
Give it some awesome 32 bit art. They need to stop with these trash art styles like ALBW and TFH.
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#25
MechaFlo posted...
warrior9999 posted...

Oh? Curious, why do you feel BOTW was more of a Zelda 2 homage? I do get that it's not as much like Zelda 1 as people say, BOTW is actually more open I think than even Zelda 1, but I'm curious what paralels you see between zelda 2 and it.

Forest_Temple posted...
Zelda II is a fine idea but it was just too hard. Remake that with reasonable difficulty and add on to it and it'll be awesome. Zeldavania.

Main thing difficulty wise IMO is to let you restart at a game over at the last town you got...'refreshed' at, or at the start of a dungeon. Not that this was the only source of difficulty, but didn't you ALWAYS restart at the very start screen of the game at least until the final palace?

I'm curious too. Zelda 2 wasn't quite as openworld as Zelda 1.
I'm a chick

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 week ago#26
Yes. But I’d like an updated version of Zelda II. I think it’s actually a solid game, it’s just brutal by today’s standards. It deserves another shot.
Now Playing: Assassins Creed Unity
Upcoming: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#27
Timinatron posted...
Yes. But I’d like an updated version of Zelda II. I think it’s actually a solid game, it’s just brutal by today’s standards. It deserves another shot.

Bull. There have been far more brutal games during and since. A few areas does not constitute brutal.
I'm a chick

Timinatron
1 week ago#28
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Timinatron posted...

Bull. There have been far more brutal games during and since. A few areas does not constitute brutal.

Lol what Zelda game even comes close in difficulty? Certainly nothing post-OoT. So that leaves...AlttP and LA, both of which are cake by comparison

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#29
Timinatron posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Timinatron posted...

Lol what Zelda game even comes close in difficulty? Certainly nothing post-OoT. So that leaves...AlttP and LA, both of which are cake by comparison

I'm talking about games period. All of Zelda is very accessible. Saying that its brutal in the grand hierarchy of truly brutal games past and present is like saying that the hardest Mario deserves to be up there with some of the titles only the most patient and hardcore gamers can beat.

Its the hardest Zelda game for sure, but its not anywhere near as difficult as its made out to be. Its challenging with a few difficulty spikes. That's all I'm saying.

And for the record I'm no whiz or master. The lava fields, Three Eye Rock Palace and Great Palace still kicks my ass pretty good.
I'm a chick

Timinatron
1 week ago#30
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Timinatron posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Timinatron posted...

I'm talking about games period. All of Zelda is very accessible. Saying that its brutal in the grand hierarchy of truly brutal games past and present is like saying that the hardest Mario deserves to be up there with some of the titles only the most patient and hardcore gamers can beat.

Its the hardest Zelda game for sure, but its not anywhere near as difficult as its made out to be. Its challenging with a few difficulty spikes. That's all I'm saying.

And for the record I'm no whiz or master. The lava fields, Three Eye Rock Palace and Great Palace still kicks my ass pretty good.

Ahhh ok I misunderstood. Yes of course there are harder games out there. And yeah I got destroyed by Death Mountain my first time through, as well as the Valley of Death and the Great Palace.

I just think the game gets way more hate than it deserves. I think a modernized version would allow more people to see that it’s actually a damn good game.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you want another side scrolling Zelda game?