You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you want another side scrolling Zelda game?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#1
Do you want another side scrolling Zelda game? - Results (70 votes)
YES, I would love a whole series of these!
20% (14 votes)
Yes, but only as a one off game.
30% (21 votes)
Maybe, I'm dubious that it would turn out good.
17.14% (12 votes)
No, never make anything like Zelda 2 again.
32.86% (23 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Back in the NES days, before LTTP and OOT codified the Zelda formula, Nintendo was experimental with their first LOZ sequel. Making a game that played very differently from the first. A side scrolling adventure game (though the world map was top down again). It was the first Zelda game with a magic system, and the first one to have a button for jumping.

The game is enjoyed by some, but its difficulty and design have left others frustrated by it. Would you want Nintendo to make another game like this? Another side scrolling adventure game, leaning from past mistakes, and with all the experience and polish Nintendo has today?

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
1 week ago#2
I can definitely see them returning to the Zelda II formula to try to make it more accessible. Maybe this is even what Grezzo is currently working on...
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 week ago#3
I didn't mean to vote the way I voted. This is the federal election all over again...

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
1 week ago#4
The two "yes" options are bad; there needs to just be a "yes", or if there has to be some kind of stupid sentence after just "yes", "I would love to see and play another, and then we'll see if Nintendo should make any more in that style afterward".

User Info: Silfalas

Silfalas
1 week ago#5
Yes. Not to mention that sidescrolling parts were present in the AoL, Oracle games and FSA, so it shouldn't be so shocking.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: darkante

darkante
1 week ago#6
Definitively.
FC: 5429-6689-0419

User Info: TitanOxide

TitanOxide
1 week ago#7
They remade Metroid 2, please give us a re-balanced and modernized Adventure of Link.
The end game is so soul crushingly unfair.
Where's the irony button when you need it.....

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 week ago#8
Atreides27 posted...
I didn't mean to vote the way I voted. This is the federal election all over again...

So that's why I'm the only negative vote here...goddamnit
Marin's guardian

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 week ago#9
i don't think i'd want one that's primarily sidescrolling like zelda 2, but i think the occasional sidescrolling areas that zelda 1 and LA had were interesting twists and i'd be interested in a game that tried to make more use of that
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Timeclock

Timeclock
1 week ago#10
No. I play Zelda for adventure.
When life gives you lemons, ask for pineapple's instead.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Do you want another side scrolling Zelda game?