You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Unpopular Legend of Zelda Opinions

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#211
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Forest_Temple posted...
Oh don't forget tedious parts like trying to jump on the ledge from the water with the Zora mask. The "mirror part".

Deku Mask. Just a hop, skip, and a jump, then straight on till morning.

Not at this particular part. The ledge is too high.
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.
The Water Temple in OoT is one of the best 3D Zelda temples.

Zelda 2 has the most fun, tense combat. Most of the other Zelda games have very boring combat.

Silent protagonists are dull. There are games that I love with silent protags, but I'd still prefer that they actually had interactions instead of just standing awkwardly. This applies especially to Chrono Trigger, where it's preferable to not have Crono in the party later since everyone else has dialogue.

A lot of the changes to Majora's Mask 3D were downgrades. The QoL fixes were welcome, though.

There is nothing wrong with Tingle and his spin off games for the DS are well made.

Drawing things out with the same chest opening animation and moving the camera so that I can watch the door unlock gets old by the very first dungeon.

Link's Awakening deserves to be made on a system with more than two buttons. What would be a superb game is brought down by having to open menus to change items every other screen. Being given a message that the player can't lift a rock should have been a one time thing.
-What is it?
-A boomerang. It's like a frisbee for people who don't have any friends.

User Info: Laytruce

Laytruce
1 week ago#213
I don't care much for the original LoZ. Link's short-ranged sword stabs combined with the enemies' random movement patterns make the combat very tedious. And seeing how the dungeons are almost nothing but combat...

Zelda 2's combat, conversely, is a lot of fun. It just gets unnecessarily dickish at times. I also think the game would've been better without things like lives and instant death pits.

I've had more fun with ALBW than ALttP.

I like both Oracle games.

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#214
Yeah...Stone Tower does have a lot of annoying elements and did feel like the weakest dungeon in MM, but I enjoyed Ikana Castle and the Minibosses.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#215
Laytruce posted...
I don't care much for the original LoZ. Link's short-ranged sword stabs combined with the enemies' random movement patterns make the combat very tedious. And seeing how the dungeons are almost nothing but combat...

Zelda 2's combat, conversely, is a lot of fun. It just gets unnecessarily dickish at times. I also think the game would've been better without things like lives and instant death pits.

But Zelda 2 doesn't have like-likes and lots of games have death pits.
I'm a chick

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#216
I don't know if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but I think the Zelda games could benefit from being a challenge. I know Nintendo likes all its games to be accessible to everyone, which is fine, but accessible doesn't mean you hafta make it too easy. Especially the 3D games. What's the point of having these big, amazing monster bosses that you can take down in a matter of minutes?
I'm a chick
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#217
Forest_Temple posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Forest_Temple posted...
Oh don't forget tedious parts like trying to jump on the ledge from the water with the Zora mask. The "mirror part".

Deku Mask. Just a hop, skip, and a jump, then straight on till morning.

Not at this particular part. The ledge is too high.

...Oh. I thought you were just supposed to hug the ledge as Link, put on the Zora mask, and take advantage that Zora Link starts a few inches above the water and can grab higher ledges.

Lil_Bit83 posted...
I don't know if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but I think the Zelda games could benefit from being a challenge. I know Nintendo likes all its games to be accessible to everyone, which is fine, but accessible doesn't mean you hafta make it too easy. Especially the 3D games. What's the point of having these big, amazing monster bosses that you can take down in a matter of minutes?

Zelda isn't a combat focused game. The bosses are meant to be puzzles more than anything. That said, with their shift to Open World, there's no reason to keep the games so easy. The entire point is to make it extremely difficult so players have an incentive to explore the world and become OP enough to beat the game, despite likely not having enough skill to do so.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 week ago#218
Lil_Bit83 posted...
Laytruce posted...

But Zelda 2 doesn't have like-likes and lots of games have death pits.

Lives, not like likes. Zelda 2 has lives that are basically pointless.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, but you wouldn't know it for the smell.
BigPappy09 posted...
-I didn't think the 3 day mechanic in Majora's Mask to be fun or interesting, I just found it stressful.

I think MM really misses the entire point of being a Zelda game, really, with it's time limit mechanic. I like a lot of the concepts and ideas in MM and I think some of the things you can do in MM are fun but the game punishes you for trying to explore or for literally doing anything other than speedrunning the game.

Oh sure, you can reset the timer, but then you have to start over and lose all your progress and recollect all of your items. Almost completed that dungeon and just can't find that last blasted fairy (or not)? Too bad, you have to reset the timer and do it all over again!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#220
LukeSkyvvalker posted...
BigPappy09 posted...
-I didn't think the 3 day mechanic in Majora's Mask to be fun or interesting, I just found it stressful.

I think MM really misses the entire point of being a Zelda game, really, with it's time limit mechanic. I like a lot of the concepts and ideas in MM and I think some of the things you can do in MM are fun but the game punishes you for trying to explore or for literally doing anything other than speedrunning the game.

Oh sure, you can reset the timer, but then you have to start over and lose all your progress and recollect all of your items. Almost completed that dungeon and just can't find that last blasted fairy (or not)? Too bad, you have to reset the timer and do it all over again!

Yeah, I hated having to get all of my masks back every cycle. Redoing Woodfall for the bow sucked too. Wait....
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Unpopular Legend of Zelda Opinions