You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Unpopular Legend of Zelda Opinions

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
1 week ago#11
Wind Waker is one of the weaker entries in the series.

User Info: Chaos_Echo

Chaos_Echo
1 week ago#12
Lil_Bit83 posted...
DiogenesKC posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...
I don't like Tatl. She's rude, she's mean spirited, she has little to no sympathy for anyone other then herself and her brother, and had the audacity to blame Link for her sudden predicament and then pester him for help. Plus, her apology in Woodfall felt more like a little kid being told to say sorry and mean it, rather then a genuine apology.
she's tsundere and it's good

I don't know what that means.

Means she's an overrated garbage character type.
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#13
Ocarina of Time is a bad game.

Forest Temple (OoT) is mediocre at best. The concept is neat, but the execution is bland and lacks any meaningful content.

Breath of the Wild has amazing dungeons.

If we never see the hookshot/clawshot again, I wouldn't be sad.

Link x Midna is the one true ship, and everyone else is wrong.

Oracle of Seasons is underrated. Oracle of Ages is pure garbage.

A Link Between Worlds is an utter failure. It stole everything it does well from ALttP, ruined half of it, and forced a main mechanic that added very little to the actual game. It's also blisteringly easy, even in Hero Mode.

Skyward Sword is a fantastic game that gets way too much hate. The motion controls are excellent, the story is amazing, and the dungeon design is leagues ahead of most other games. The only negative is Fi's handholdy nature.

Hyrule Warriors is a fun game, but the story is complete s*** and introduced three of the worst characters in the entire series/spinoffs: Lana, Cia, and Linkle.

The original Legend of Zelda still holds up very well today, and is a blast to play in a single setting similar to old Metroid games.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
1 week ago#14
I think Ocarina's overworld is bland, empty and boxed in.

I love the animated Legend of Zelda, cheese and all.

Minish Cap needs more love.

Navi and Fi are annoying, but they aren't as bad as popular consensus would have you believe.

I think Skyward Sword is pretty.

I thoroughly despise Eagle Tower. Yes it has a cool gimmick. It is still an obnoxious dungeon with an annoying mini boss and an annoying boss.
I'm a chick

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 week ago#15
I like SS more than most, and would have liked to see the series itterate more on the adventurer's pouch idea where you have a certain number of slots for nonessential items like shields and bottles etc.

I don't feel OOT has aged very well but I don't think that's much of an unpopular opinion around here. Thrasher7170 posted...
Hyrule Warriors is a fun game, but the story is complete s*** and introduced three of the worst characters in the entire series/spinoffs: Lana, Cia, and Linkle.

Is this an unpopular opinion? I feel the same way. I don't get why they even made OCs for a fanservice crossover game like HW in the first place. I mean with all the dlc characters it didn't harm things in the end but just, why? Cia also goes into the 'trying too hard' fanservice bucket for me alongside Ivy from Soul calbur in most of those games.

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#16
Thrasher7170 posted...
Ocarina of Time is a great game.

Forest Temple (OoT) is amazing at the very least. The concept is astounding, the execution is perfect, and the content is awesome. Stalfos, Wall Masters, Poes, Twisting corridors.

Breath of the Wild has decent dungeons.

If we never see the hookshot/clawshot again, I would be disappointed.

Link x Malon is the one true ship, and everyone else is wrong.

A Link Between Worlds is an utter failure. It stole everything it does well from ALttP, ruined half of it, and forced a main mechanic that added very little to the actual game. It's also blisteringly easy, even in Hero Mode.

Skyward Sword is a fantastic game that gets way too much hate. The motion controls are excellent, the story is amazing, and the dungeon design is leagues ahead of most other games. The only negative is Fi's handholdy nature.

The original Legend of Zelda still holds up very well today, and is a blast to play in a single setting similar to old Metroid games.

I agree with Thrasher for the most part
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.
(edited 1 week ago)

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#17
MechaFlo posted...
I like SS more than most, and would have liked to see the series itterate more on the adventurer's pouch idea where you have a certain number of slots for nonessential items like shields and bottles etc.

I don't feel OOT has aged very well but I don't think that's much of an unpopular opinion around here. Thrasher7170 posted...

Is this an unpopular opinion? I feel the same way. I don't get why they even made OCs for a fanservice crossover game like HW in the first place. I mean with all the dlc characters it didn't harm things in the end but just, why? Cia also goes into the 'trying too hard' fanservice bucket for me alongside Ivy from Soul calbur in most of those games.

It is on the HW board. Say anything negative about their over-sexualized trash characters and they lose their damn minds.
Bisexual and proud

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#18
Forest_Temple posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

Forest Temple (OoT) is mediocre at best. The concept is neat, but the execution is bland and lacks any meaningful content.

You heard it here, folks. I don't even have to edit his post.
Bisexual and proud
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
1 week ago#19
Thrasher7170 posted...
Forest_Temple posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...

You heard it here, folks. I don't even have to edit his post.

I edited the points I disagreed with. It was like 50/50.
OOTs Forest Temple is the best Zelda dungeon.
Zarama The Dragon God is the one above all.
AoL and SS are both in my top 5 games, while MM is my least favorite 3D game.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Unpopular Legend of Zelda Opinions