You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. What do you want in the next Zelda?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
2 weeks ago#1
What do you want the next Zelda to be like? - Results (158 votes)
Return to the OoT style formula.
20.89% (33 votes)
Iterate on BOTW like other 3D Zeldas did with OOT.
69.62% (110 votes)
Something else entirely. (Explain below!)
7.59% (12 votes)
I don't have an opinion on the subject but will complain if the TC doesn't give me a neutral option.
1.9% (3 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
So Breath of the Wild has been the first 3D Zelda game to break away from the OOT formula. Not to say that OOT/MM/WW/TP/SS didn't all have their own unique elements from one another, but they fit into the same general mold from OOT.

So what do you want them to do in the next game? Do you want a 'breath of the wild 2?' A return to the old formula? Or maybe something else entirely?

User Info: Notchmath

Notchmath
2 weeks ago#2
I want a combination of Skyward Sword, Majora’s Mask, and BotW. I want Skyward Sword’s fleshed out combat system combined with BotW’s (with better motion controls), the exploration of BotW combined with the other two’s plot levels, and Majora’s Mask time-actually-matters-ness.

MechaFlo
2 weeks ago#3
Notchmath posted...
I want a combination of Skyward Sword, Majora’s Mask, and BotW. I want Skyward Sword’s fleshed out combat system combined with BotW’s (with better motion controls), the exploration of BotW combined with the other two’s plot levels, and Majora’s Mask time-actually-matters-ness.

The main thing from SS I'd like to see again is the adventurer pouch. Have all the 'core' items on you at all times, but extra items in limited slots to make you think about what you want to bring with you on an expedition. I guess we sort of have that with limited weapon/bow/shield slots but I liked the concept in SS a good deal.

I wouldn't mind a MM 2 with time mattering again but don't see it working unless they did another 3 day (or similar span of time) cycle that resets. Which I'm not sure would work great with a world as big as BOTW's, but in a more traditional zelda world it could be cool to revisit.

User Info: RockrrGirrl19

RockrrGirrl19
2 weeks ago#4
All I really want now (personally) is for them to continue on the formula set by BotW and improve upon it.

User Info: RockrrGirrl19

RockrrGirrl19
2 weeks ago#5
Notchmath posted...

The time matters part I agree on. Should be easy enough to implement also.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
2 weeks ago#6
I think it's going to be few people who don't want a BotW reiteration with vast improvements.

I love BotW to death. I think it's amazing. I also think there is a ton of room for improvement and change. Delving deeper into the RPG mechanics would be a great idea. Having more enemy variety is necessity. And we need longer dungeons (DB's taking 45 minutes or less is weak).

MechaFlo
2 weeks ago#7
Atreides27 posted...
I think it's going to be few people who don't want a BotW reiteration with vast improvements.

I love BotW to death. I think it's amazing. I also think there is a ton of room for improvement and change. Delving deeper into the RPG mechanics would be a great idea. Having more enemy variety is necessity. And we need longer dungeons (DB's taking 45 minutes or less is weak).

That's what I'd love to see. But I've also seen people posting that they don't think BOTW is a 'real zelda game' etc and want a return to form to the OOT mold, so I was curious how many people wanted to continue BOTW's path or go back to the old formula. Or heck, I should have also put in an option for 'focus on 2d zeldas I like those more' to see if anyone wants that.

User Info: warrior9999

warrior9999
2 weeks ago#8
I'd like to see a combination of the OOT formula mixed with the botw formula. I'd like to have real dungeons such as OOT but with the flexibility of botw hyrule castle so that it can be completed in a variety of different ways. Also I miss having some of the classic items. I enjoyed exploring botw as I saw fit, but the shrines were either boring or downright tedious. Also I miss having a larger variety of enemies and bosses.

User Info: wiggum

wiggum
2 weeks ago#9
I voted "something else" ... but it's really more of a "something else + continuation of BotW". I just want something a little more linear, with tasks that must be completed to progress ... though I want the open world feel, at least in large but segregated areas. I would also like some themed dungeons more like the older 3D games, but not necessarily soooo linear and hand-holdy as they used to be. I guess it's just that I'd like bigger, more complicated dungeons that don't all look basically the same.

I don't care about all this stuff like "gimme a hookshot!" ... but specialized weapons - even if they only exist IN the dungeons - would be cool as tools needed to complete each dungeon. I'd also like a bit more variety to the exploration - meaning real caves, caverns, underwater stuff, etc.

The only other stuff I really wanna see is better inventory control and management for the UI. BotW was not TERRIBLE ... but it did feel a bit too much like you're constantly having to manage things - be it which armor you're wearing, which weapon you're using, etc. They went WAY overboard w/ the variance on weapon modifiers, number of different types of what are essentially the exact same weapons except for attack strength and durability. Same with resources/consumables/materials ... soooo many of them are technically useless and/or so similar to others that it's just an inventory nightmare. They need to clean that s*** up, bigtime.

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
2 weeks ago#10
MechaFlo posted...
Atreides27 posted...

That's what I'd love to see. But I've also seen people posting that they don't think BOTW is a 'real zelda game' etc and want a return to form to the OOT mold, so I was curious how many people wanted to continue BOTW's path or go back to the old formula. Or heck, I should have also put in an option for 'focus on 2d zeldas I like those more' to see if anyone wants that.

People who say BotW isn't a "true" Zelda are just in denial. I can get that point of view since the game does change a ton of stuff from the classic formula, but we needed this shake up. For them to say "it's not a real Zelda" is just their way of coping that they're not getting the same exact formula. Which I see as very childish and pathetic.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. What do you want in the next Zelda?