Master Mode Soul Level 1 Fist-Only Run

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Master Mode Soul Level 1 Fist-Only Run

User Info: Arsinius

Arsinius
4 months ago#1
Alright, so as I'm sure anyone who has ever seen me post anything knows, for my very first MM run, I'm going directly to Hyrule Castle after I get the Paraglider. Three hearts, one wheel, all grit, and no brain cells.

Now, I could easily have this question answered by looking up a speedrun, but since bb Nurlen loves my posts so much (and I'm definitely not too lazy), I would like to ask you guys: Am I going to have enough combined durability with just the stuff I can find in the Castle to actually beat all four Blights and then Calamity Ganon? I'm not worried about a particular shield with a million durability, but rather the eight weapons I will have to choose from to limit myself to. Bows are also negligible, because who has ever broken five bows in one fight?

And if I don't have a horse, am I going to be going into that last fight on foot? Won't be a problem since the horse was zero help in Normal Mode anyway; I'm just curious.

Aaaaaand another thing. Is this little Triforce in the bottom left corner ever going away? I keep thinking my game is going to load something and it's bothering me. Stays there even in a Game Over screen.
My grandpa taught me a trick for this. Close your eyes. Picture a feather floating in front of you. Your breathing keeps that feather floating.

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
4 months ago#2
you have infinite bombs, so technically yes. You may not want to spend 10 hours on the boss rush though.

if you don't have a horse for giant pig, the game gives you one.

that triangle never goes away, it's there to certify any screenshots and videos that you take were performed in the master mode
Cutscenes are cheap. Games aren't movies.
Make me care about your game and then I'll care about the dramatisation of it.

Arsinius
4 months ago#3
CarbonButtflap posted...
you have infinite bombs, so technically yes. You may not want to spend 10 hours on the boss rush though.

Yeah, outside of bombs. I don't hate myself THAT much.
My grandpa taught me a trick for this. Close your eyes. Picture a feather floating in front of you. Your breathing keeps that feather floating.

User Info: HitakaPhoenix

HitakaPhoenix
4 months ago#4
The any% speedrun does essentially what you're suggesting and does just fine, so yeah it's possible. There's also royal weapons lying around Calamity Ganon's room you can pick up during the fight, and some bomb arrows too.
Life itself is that which is eternal.

Arsinius
4 months ago#5
HitakaPhoenix posted...
The any% speedrun does essentially what you're suggesting and does just fine, so yeah it's possible. There's also royal weapons lying around Calamity Ganon's room you can pick up during the fight, and some bomb arrows too.

Perfect. Now all I need is for Nurlen to reply and I don’t have to look at this topic anymore.

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
4 months ago#6
I was wandering around the neighborhood...wondering what the Divine Purpose could have in store for me today. A ray of sunshine amongst the overcast sky shone on my phone. Now I know. My day is now complete. Ty Arsi
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Master Mode Soul Level 1 Fist-Only Run

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived