Does this game get any better?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Does this game get any better?

User Info: vinguru896

vinguru896
4 months ago#51
Evil_the_Nub posted...
That's about all there is to it. The game has terrible flow and there's constantly something interrupting your progress. Having to pause the game in the middle of a fight to replace a broken weapon or eat because the enemies do so much damage. Wanting to move on, but you can't because you need to gather ingredients, find new weapons, and cook to replace everything you just used. Not having a cookbook to keep track of your recipes so it's always a trial and error process. Not being able to simply go from point A to point B because there's always a huge mountain in the way and they just HAD to have a stamina feature to slow it down even more. I honestly can't see the appeal of this game, at best it's boring and lifeless and at worst it's a slow chore to do everything.

Either you suck or you're just a casual babby who wants everything spoonfed.

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
4 months ago#52
vinguru896 posted...
Evil_the_Nub posted...
That's about all there is to it. The game has terrible flow and there's constantly something interrupting your progress. Having to pause the game in the middle of a fight to replace a broken weapon or eat because the enemies do so much damage. Wanting to move on, but you can't because you need to gather ingredients, find new weapons, and cook to replace everything you just used. Not having a cookbook to keep track of your recipes so it's always a trial and error process. Not being able to simply go from point A to point B because there's always a huge mountain in the way and they just HAD to have a stamina feature to slow it down even more. I honestly can't see the appeal of this game, at best it's boring and lifeless and at worst it's a slow chore to do everything.

I think it's just bad bait... either that or he/she isn't specially gifted on the whole "playing videogames" aspect, all those problems listed have been totally debunked and hasn't replied back, 1/10 bait if you ask me
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: Darkest-Lord122

Darkest-Lord122
4 months ago#53
vinguru896 posted...
Evil_the_Nub posted...

Rookie User
User Since: Dec 2008
Active Posts: 6
Total Badges: 8
Welcome to the Internet, where stating your opinion is a declaration of war.

User Info: Arsinius

Arsinius
4 months ago#54
Darkest-Lord122 posted...
vinguru896 posted...
Evil_the_Nub posted...

Rookie User
User Since: Dec 2008
Active Posts: 6
Total Badges: 8

This site is ass though so
Punctuation = Serious answer
No punctuation = Not-so-serious answer

shinyspheal
4 months ago#55
Arsinius posted...

It's not that bad though, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our times here, there are those gems, let them be trolls/mistakes or actual useful/interesting discussion among the meh grime, that's why I'm here most of the time... this tho?... kinda meh.

User Info: Arsinius

Arsinius
4 months ago#56
shinyspheal posted...
Arsinius posted...

It's not that bad though, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our times here, there are those gems, let them be trolls/mistakes or actual useful/interesting discussion among the meh grime, that's why I'm here most of the time... this tho?... kinda meh.

My sig, boy
Punctuation = Serious answer
No punctuation = Not-so-serious answer

shinyspheal
4 months ago#57
Arsinius posted...
shinyspheal posted...
Arsinius posted...

My sig, boy

well played sir... well played....

User Info: Sudsmasher

Sudsmasher
4 months ago#58
GrilledPuppies posted...
Spkmnpkmn posted...
I just recently got this game and so far I've just been running around in mostly empty fields, occassionally killing some bokoblins, climbing some random stuff and doing shrines that are over in less than 5 minutes. The inventory system is so annoying as well having to go and drop something every 2 minutes.

Just had Impa mark the locations of the 4 beasts on the map and I'm feeling exhausted just thinking about going so far. Does it get any better?

No, it doesn't. I've dedicated a decent chunk of the last year to preventing vulnerable young gamers from becoming addicted to BotW because it will ruin your life. My husband logged nearly 1,000 hours, completely neglected his job (a miracle he wasn't fired) and lost 60 pounds from not eating. I've been slowly rehabbing him for the past two months. F*** this game.

While I think your husband went a little bit overboard, that doesn't mean that the game is bad. It is easy to finish most of everything withing ~100 hours. Though I do sympathize.

User Info: pkmnpkmn

pkmnpkmn
4 months ago#59
Well an update I guess.

The game has gotten better.

The game was pretty boring up until the Zora Divine beast where there was an exciting action sequence that held my attention. Getting to grips with the dungeon controls was a little wonky.

Did get real sick of getting one shot and then being forced into loading screen after loading screens but I found out about Durians and that issue was solved for the most part. Also got a second stamina wheel and link not running out of breath every 2 seconds was nice.

Ended up getting all the towers after Zora and just finished the Goron DB. Gonna head off to the Bird beast next.
FE Fates Mycastle code10984-57903-68339-73894
FGO Friend Code: 300.629.632

User Info: megafierce

megafierce
4 months ago#60
If you're getting one-shot, you should be seeking out the Fairy Fountains and upgrading your equipment.
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Does this game get any better?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived