Master Mode Glitch - Impossible to Obtain Medals of Honor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Master Mode Glitch - Impossible to Obtain Medals of Honor

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
11 months ago#11
JonnyJinx posted...
What is the personal photos glitch?

Something about the compendium photos you take not being separated between master and normal modes.
My naruhina-oriented rewrite of Naruto (currently has 295K words and 19 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
11 months ago#12
Malkuno on Reddit posted more detailed information about which Hinox and Taluses count and which don't. They did this to make players aware of the glitch and so that players who wish to do so can focus their efforts on the Hinox and Taluses that do contribute towards the medals.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/6mpqj9/psa_kiltons_monster_medals_of_honor_talus_hinox/
Soleil

User Info: Master Of Majora

Master Of Majora
11 months ago#13
I'm no expert regarding programming stuff, but it sounds like it will be incredibly difficult for the programmers to fix this retroactively. If they reprogram the "new" Hinox and Talus so that they contribute to the Medal of Honor goal, how sure can we be that any of these bosses that the player already killed will be added to that goal after a patch? It might be necessary for players to kill all the bosses again until the "missing" ones are found. Of course, knowing which bosses that are "glitched" will indeed make things easier.
Enjoy everything.
Forget everything.

HylianAngel
11 months ago#14
Yeah, once it gets patched, I think players will have to kill the "fixed" versions of the Hinox/Talus in order to properly get the medals. Which kinda sucks. Unless there's some way they can transfer this remembered defeated data with the "glitched" versions to the new ones.

I also wonder how they'll fix the "personal" photos glitch. In order to even fix the glitch, they would have to make a new file location. Presumably, the existing "personal" photos location would be relegated to Normal Mode, and the new "personal" photos location would be for Master Mode. But at the same time, they need to make a copy of all of a player's existing "personal" photos and transfer them into the new "personal" photos location. Unless they're willing to erase all of the existing "personal" photos while making this new file location, which is not a good situation. If they had made the new file location before releasing the patch, it would have been way easier.
Soleil

User Info: SkyCrackers

SkyCrackers
11 months ago#15
The "personal" photos "glitch" is certainly a feature, not a bug. Storing another set of photos for everything in the game would add a lot to the file size, and take up precious space on the Switch's 32GB internal memory. Right now, the Switch keeps all save data in internal memory, there's no option to save to SD (this is likely for security reasons), so keeping save file sizes small is critical.
"Theyre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken." -Tomonobu Itagaki

HylianAngel
11 months ago#16
That's quite disappointing if it's truly intentional. That means we shouldn't expect a patch for it. It doesn't affect me, since I only use "default" photos. But the biggest issue is that there's no in-game indication to notify players who prefer "personal" photos.
Soleil

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
11 months ago#17
Master Of Majora posted...
I'm no expert regarding programming stuff, but it sounds like it will be incredibly difficult for the programmers to fix this retroactively. If they reprogram the "new" Hinox and Talus so that they contribute to the Medal of Honor goal, how sure can we be that any of these bosses that the player already killed will be added to that goal after a patch? It might be necessary for players to kill all the bosses again until the "missing" ones are found. Of course, knowing which bosses that are "glitched" will indeed make things easier.

well, the games still keep track if individual bosses were defeated.
My naruhina-oriented rewrite of Naruto (currently has 295K words and 19 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
11 months ago#18
No but you guys it's a perfect decision because it's master mode and not even masters can do everything so it's actually a deep reflection on human existence because this game is perfect and it has no flaws and anyone who says there's anything wrong with it is just a trolling hater who needs to drink bleach and probably hates women you guys.

User Info: Rubedo_URTV_666

Rubedo_URTV_666
11 months ago#19
Anyone reported this yet? I'm dying to jump back into Master Mode, but I won't be doing that with he possibility of being glitched out of my 100% Master Mode file.
Gamertag: Rubedo URTV 666
"If you desire to know the truth, then you also must know that you have the courage to accept it."

HylianAngel
11 months ago#20
Did you want first-hand accounts? Here's another guy who experienced this issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/6n4e7g/master_mode_boss_tracking_issues/
Soleil
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Master Mode Glitch - Impossible to Obtain Medals of Honor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived