• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Gameorama91

Gameorama91
1 year ago#11
Laytonc97 posted...
deeewooh posted...
nobody truly believes it's an RPG

I know... I just meet someone saying Horizon is better, which is fine but he was keep comparing saying BOTW wouldn't evn be in the top 20 Rpgs along side skyrim etc

You're right, it isn't in the top 20...

But it IS #47 in the top 100!!! (in the Gameinformer issue of top 100 RPGs at least)
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

User Info: ElTigreChino

ElTigreChino
1 year ago#12
It has RPG elements but it's not a full blown RPG. Resident Evil 4 also has RPG elements and it's also not a full blown RPG.
http://i.imgur.com/QENYguA.jpg

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 year ago#13
Is this just a sneaky way to claim Zelda isn't better than Witcher or Horizon because they are different genres? They are all games and all open world adventures, of course there are going to be comparisons.

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
1 year ago#14
If your issue is with another guy in another topic, why not post there instead of making a new one?
CyricZ

User Info: Laytonc97

Laytonc97
1 year ago#15
DUBTuner posted...
Is this just a sneaky way to claim Zelda isn't better than Witcher or Horizon because they are different genres? They are all games and all open world adventures, of course there are going to be comparisons.

No as zelda clearly has the greater world and adventuring. Where as the others have decent world with a great story. Theres no need for sneakiness

Laytonc97
1 year ago#16
And i'm pretty sure i said TINY Rpg elements

User Info: rush86

rush86
1 year ago#17
Rpg means Role Playing Game dude. You are playing the role of link in this game. You need to realize what rpg really means. Cause alot of games are rpgs in some ways.
Look to others and think, how would i want to be treated?

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 year ago#18
This game is clearly a rocket propelled grenade.
+++ Out Of Cheese Error +++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Redo From Start +++

Laytonc97
1 year ago#19
rush86 posted...
Rpg means Role Playing Game dude. You are playing the role of link in this game. You need to realize what rpg really means. Cause alot of games are rpgs in some ways.

Tiny Rpg elements

User Info: BladeManEXE

BladeManEXE
1 year ago#20
rush86 posted...

The problem is that isn't what it usually means with regards to video games. It's so overbroad an idea that any game with a player character is "technically" an RPG in that sense. It's basically useless as a descriptor within the medium. That's why people use it to refer to video games that derive mechanics (and usually combat mechanics specifically, at that) from tabletop RPGs instead.
  • Topic Archived