This game is NOT an RPG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Laytonc97

Laytonc97
1 year ago#1
Its an Open world action adventure game with tiny RPG elements. People comparing the witcher/Horizon to this game is slightly redundant as both games go for totally different things.

User Info: deeewooh

deeewooh
1 year ago#2
nobody truly believes it's an RPG
http://i.imgur.com/Kp5059C.gif

User Info: Laytonc97

Laytonc97
1 year ago#3
deeewooh posted...
nobody truly believes it's an RPG

I know... I just meet someone saying Horizon is better, which is fine but he was keep comparing saying BOTW wouldn't evn be in the top 20 Rpgs along side skyrim etc

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 year ago#4
It's also not a fps

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 year ago#5
I'm gonna be that dude.

Yes it is.

By the very definition of RPG (role playing game), BotW is one. You assume the role of Link, and you play through the game. Now, is it what the gaming community consider an RPG in terms of leveling, experience, and such? Not as much. You still increase your stats through gear and you sort of level your health and stamina, but it's not as in depth as a major RPG.
She can't be emo! Her parents came here on the Mayflower!!!

User Info: nurlen

nurlen
1 year ago#6
Thrasher7170 posted...
I'm gonna be that dude.

I love OoT

Dude, we know.

User Info: SpearBro49

SpearBro49
1 year ago#7
According to Nintendo's Wii U eShop description

...first Zelda Open-Air RPG...

So, um...what do we do if Nintendo says it, and nobody agrees?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ykP4PtHBLih4XMN6X10XQ
"Morty, I'm going to need you to take your opinions...and put 'em waaaay up your butthole."

Thrasher7170
1 year ago#8
nurlen posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
I'm gonna be that dude.

I love OoT

Dude, we know.

Piss off.

User Info: deeewooh

deeewooh
1 year ago#9
Thrasher7170 posted...
I'm gonna be that dude.

Yes it is.

By the very definition of RPG (role playing game), BotW is one. You assume the role of Link, and you play through the game. Now, is it what the gaming community consider an RPG in terms of leveling, experience, and such? Not as much. You still increase your stats through gear and you sort of level your health and stamina, but it's not as in depth as a major RPG.

going by that logic GTA games are RPGs
http://i.imgur.com/Kp5059C.gif

Thrasher7170
1 year ago#10
deeewooh posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
I'm gonna be that dude.

Yes it is.

going by that logic GTA games are RPGs

Technically, all games are RPGs because you assume a role. BotW has more elements associated with classic RPGs than just that, however.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived