• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is twilight princess the ff7 of Zelda now? It's 'cool' to hate it?

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 year ago#91
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?
OoT is the FF7 of Zeldas. For reasons beyond simply "It's cool to call it overrated". Because of how it affected the series from that point on and how most people who never played a Zelda game again only played that one, first 3D Zelda, etc...

Good point. OoT is missing the "all the rest from that point forward kind of sucked" aspect, though.

Not really. It's not as loud as FF because Zelda is more consistent while FF is... not.
But a lot of "all 3D Zeldas suck" fans exist. And they treat AlttP like FF fans treat FF VI.
Trying a fresh start. If I offended you at any point know I'm sorry even though it can't be undone.

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 year ago#92
Bahamut_10th posted...
they treat AlttP like FF fans treat FF VI.

...wow, that's dead-on.
+++ Out Of Cheese Error +++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Redo From Start +++

User Info: beltrunner19

beltrunner19
1 year ago#93
Thrasher7170 posted...
beltrunner19 posted...
Thrasher7170 posted...
beltrunner19 posted...
TP was in my top 3 until I battled Ganondorf. I think that boss battle was one of the worst Zelda final bosses. I thought it was underwhelming. OoT and WW Ganon/Puppet Ganon were epic. TP? Eh.

OoT Ganondorf was incredibly boring, and I felt nothing upon seeing him rise as Ganon. WW was epic, and TP, despite being easy, had an incredible atmosphere to its final boss.

I played the N64 version, which I feel had far better atmosphere compared to the 3DS release. On the N64, the sound of Ganondorf's breathing and transformation are terrifying, and you can't even see Ganon. All you see are 2 yellow eyes, 2 big swords, and 1 monster way bigger than you. It was still easy, but it added that it was dark, and Zelda shrieked when you got hit. The 3DS had better visuals, but I feel it ruined the atmosphere. Either you played on the 3DS, or we just disagree.

I played the N64, GCN Master Quest, Collector's Edition, AND 3DS versions of OoT. Once each. Praying, each time, that I might enjoy the game. Never did. And regardless of which one I played, Ganon had very atmosphere to his final encounter.

Then we just disagree. I started laughing when I killed TP Ganon, because of that weird muppet mouth when he screams. But it was cool how he died standing.

User Info: WhyitEarp

WhyitEarp
1 year ago#94
Bahamut_10th posted...
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?
OoT is the FF7 of Zeldas. For reasons beyond simply "It's cool to call it overrated". Because of how it affected the series from that point on and how most people who never played a Zelda game again only played that one, first 3D Zelda, etc...

Good point. OoT is missing the "all the rest from that point forward kind of sucked" aspect, though.

Not really. It's not as loud as FF because Zelda is more consistent while FF is... not.
But a lot of "all 3D Zeldas suck" fans exist. And they treat AlttP like FF fans treat FF VI.

To be fair A Link to the Past and FF VI are the best games in the series

User Info: honiberri

honiberri
1 year ago#95
WhyitEarp posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?

Look! There's one now.
+++ Out Of Cheese Error +++ MELON MELON MELON +++ Redo From Start +++

User Info: DEMONPANDA212

DEMONPANDA212
1 year ago#96
I hated it at launch, replaying it now for 20 hearts and I'm hating it even more.
Destiny: Warlock 400 / Hunter 400 / Titan 400. Lighthouse, MoT YR1 and YR2, Hard WOTM + CM Done!
Collection: Y1/Y2/Y3 Exotics Done (Including the class items).

WhyitEarp
1 year ago#97
honiberri posted...
WhyitEarp posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?

Look! There's one now.

Not saying there aren't great games after, in fact both have allnitke greag ahjes after including FF IX and Tactics and OOT, Majora's Mask, Windwaker and BOTW which is the most have I've had in a game in a decade or more

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 year ago#98
WhyitEarp posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?

I'm not saying OoT is the best, or AlttP is the best. Or VII, or VI, etc. That's irrelevant.

Your comment is exactly the example of the point I was trying to make though. Not saying your opinion is bad or whatever. Just that those two crowds exist in both series.
Trying a fresh start. If I offended you at any point know I'm sorry even though it can't be undone.

WhyitEarp
1 year ago#99
Bahamut_10th posted...
WhyitEarp posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
honiberri posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
No?

I'm not saying OoT is the best, or AlttP is the best. Or VII, or VI, etc. That's irrelevant.

Your comment is exactly the example of the point I was trying to make though. Not saying your opinion is bad or whatever. Just that those two crowds exist in both series.

Yes but my comment isn't that OOT and VII are bad, in fact hey are great games. Just not the best in the series. Games before and after both were better

User Info: AzureTheShade

AzureTheShade
1 year ago#100
seriously man, ff7 is old, it was a great game when it was released and it still has its value, seriously, compare to ff13 in terms of the game story, and about TP it has Midna, nuff said, it is not an ocarina of time, but i enjoyed playing it
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Is twilight princess the ff7 of Zelda now? It's 'cool' to hate it?
  • Topic Archived