• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Don't use the Ancient Shield to reflect Guardian blasts

User Info: TheIronJosh1

TheIronJosh1
4 years ago#1
I wanted to see just how effective it would be. Turns out, it will reflect 5 blasts and then break on the 6th, not reflecting it. So if you're using it because it's able to reflect blasts, it's basically a waste of resources. Just practice the perfect parry or use ancient arrows, they are much more practical and inexpensive by comparison.

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
4 years ago#2
I haven't had a guardian live long enough to actually get a shot off. It's weird how weak they are compared to the beginning of the game
Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris
Pokemon Home Friend Code: XSNF-XRED-EWDK 3DS:5112-3770-6561

User Info: TheIronJosh1

TheIronJosh1
4 years ago#3
CarefreeDude posted...
I haven't had a guardian live long enough to actually get a shot off. It's weird how weak they are compared to the beginning of the game

Yeah late game they are not threatening unless there are a bunch around. This is mostly a PSA to people who get to Akkala early like me and wanted the shield. It's pretty bad.

User Info: zeronbr1hunter

zeronbr1hunter
4 years ago#4
for players practicing pefect parry they are acutally pretty good normal shields except hylian will usually break in one hit but a guardian or ancient one will deflect Not Reflect a few times before breaking giving more chances to get the timing down and not wasting a shield per attempt.
Cry to someone who cares. I'm too old to listen to children cry
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Don't use the Ancient Shield to reflect Guardian blasts
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A